DLC8: Gotham Wastelands Feedback

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Quixotic, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quixotic Developer

Hello everyone! This thread is a place for you to post any feedback on the content in the Gotham Wastelands. The content in this region is intended to be solo-able, with the exception of Raven's Soul Projections which are 4-player group bosses. The entrances at the Knightsdome, the Tunnel of Lust, and the Cathedral lead to 2-player instances.

If you have any feedback concerning any of the content in the Gotham Wastelands area, please share it here.
    Thanks and have fun!
    • Like x 2
  2. BumblingB I got better.

This isn't just a wasteland thing, but it is relevent to it. When you kill a mob with an objective in the air, it stays in the air and unless you are flight you can't get it. I experienced this just now.

[IMG]

I have joker's jetpack which helped me, but it is an annoying thing.
  3. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Overwhelmingly awesome!!! I spent the first 20 minutes or so after going into the gotham wastelands just looking around and soaking in the incredible view. The artists really out did themselves with the open world in this area. The solo missions are also pretty cool. Not too difficult but not too easy.....pretty perfect for a casual type player.

I love the lava and the floating islands and the sky and the new demon look and everything. Seriously, if I wasn't a grown man I would have screamed like a high school cheerleader lol.

A++++ on this one guys. I'm impressed! (Clearly lol)
    • Like x 3
  4. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Hopefully this is were we talk about collections/investigations/briefings. While I love the landscape, it's very well done and incredibly creative...it's yet another map that seems to favor those using flight. The collections that spawn on the rocks along the edge are not exactly acrobatics friendly, so I imagine they're a nightmare for SS. It's not even so much getting it once you know where it is so much as seeing it. Acrobats can rocket glide and see the ones up high...not sure what SS is going to do. Not sure inertial flywheel is really going to let them see the ones back in the rocks. They might have to rely on sound for a few.
    • Like x 1
  5. Martian Reaver Well-Known Player

The roll mechanic doesn't seem to work consistently in there. Non-visible enemies killing you. All the basic bugs.

I am curious as to what the specs are on the hardware the development team uses to test, as the game seems to be getting less and less playable with each release.
  6. Sannio Developer

Thanks for catching that! I just put in a fix for that issue (to make wrath energy fall if it spawns in the air), but it may take a little while before it graduates to the live servers.

Also, you look like Blue Beetle/Ted Kord from behind. I'm sure you get that a lot. ;)
    • Like x 1
  7. Sannio Developer

Thanks for the feedback. I had to handle a different collection node placement, so I took a couple of minutes to adjust some other ones based on your feedback. I can't say every collection node will be a dream, but maybe some of the ones you disliked the most are now in happier places. (I'm hoping these changes will be in soon-ish.)
  8. BumblingB I got better.

That's fine, glad to see it being fixed!
    So can I get your support for a Blue Beetle/Ted Kord Legends character? :O
  9. Sannio Developer

I suspect there are a few other characters higher up on the Legends priority list, but it's a nice dream you have. I was a big fan of Ted as far back as his Charlton Comics days and I'd love to see Ted in the game in some way.
    • Like x 3
  10. GoodNamesGoneSorry New Player

I have no problem I like the loot system because I can't get monks looted now focus and alerts are great but the new gear I don't understand how to your credit has to be 95 to get 86 r gear that's stupid in my opinion I don't feel like eco farming just to buy a new style with slight stat upgrades when nexus is dropping 88 cr like when t5 came out and I had to mod my t4 it's annoying it should be a perk to mod your gear not a necessity dcuo been dead recently with how your doing the new gear I might get final fantasy 14 too
  11. GoodNamesGoneSorry New Player

ninja*
  12. Little Sister New Player

Sannio, this has happened since DLC2 came out with the electric ball things that Paradox Reapers carry for the quest that used to be in the open world. I'm not really sure if it still does, but maybe check on that too while you're at it :)
  13. MercPony Devoted Player

I was helping low level friend today and went into the Wastelands to look at some of the gear stats and somehow he was able to follow me inside. He can't go in otherwise (he's only CR 43) but when grouped with a person able to he can go inside. Is this intended or not?
    • Like x 2
  14. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Not sure how many of these you touched, but collections are much easier to get to as an acrobat. They're still in nooks and crannies and some are hard to spot right off (as collections should be imo), but once I see/hear them? It's no longer a 5 minute ordeal to get to them. Thank you. :D Still manage to rocket glide into the "ceiling" and cling to rocks accidentally when I'm hunting, but...comes with the movement mode I suppose.
    • Like x 1
  15. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

I can see it now!

Low levels running all over looking for collections and investigations...lol

Shouts in the WT HoD, "LFG to walk in WL"... lol

On topic; The New DLC is fantastic in all respects, IMO!

Out standing work folks!

IA ARMY
    • Like x 1
  16. Zpred Dedicated Player

This place isn't very super speed friendly lol, mind you where is? But seriously the amount of times I had to use jokers jet pack to get to certain briefings/collections was annoying.

Also I've fallen through the floor and through the walls in the duo with the tower stairs alot. And also in the alert, trigons prison, as you go to fight Circe, when it goes to cut scene then comes back for you to start the fight you are automatically under the floor sometimes, the amount of times I've been under the floor near trigons certain parts lol is annoying. Oh and yes he is very big (no pun lol).
  17. MuzeATR New Player

Im a mental dps and I have been playing this game since the BETA. I honestly just wanted to say how awesome of an update this is and I really hope future DLC take after this one! Landscape is amazing, but I am assuming that SS and Acro toons might have a difficult time with the collections as always.

On a more technical note, after the download and initially starting to run the new duos I found that my MASS TERROR move is constantly spamming itself after popping the move once. It would constantly redo the move as if I wanted to only use Mass Terror until I ran out of power. Please look into this as soon as possible. My toon is on the US PS3 server HERO side.

Thank you and I hope to keep up all the sp hunting I can handle!
    • Like x 1
  18. Ebon Angel New Player

Went in with lower lvl league mate. They could enter but not interact with briefings, investigations, or camera icons for exploration. For collections , he could not roll on loot. So I guess lower lvls can window shop but cannot purchase lol.
    • Like x 2
  19. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I've been running into the not unfamiliar problem of collections that are simply buried under ground or in a cliff, and no, there isn't any way around. They're simply spawn points viewable by radar, and usually hearable, but unreachable. There are quite a few.

That said, I LOVE THE WASTELANDS! I'm, pardon the express, SUPER pleased with this DLC. Kudos! Great job! And I'm a tough critic.

Now you have more to live up to in future DLCs, of course. :)

So when can we have Lairs in the Wastelands? Everyone seems to want them.

Criticisms/suggestions? Some of the mission descriptions, as in what you're supposed to look for and do, could be clearer. That they're repeatable daily except with replay badges is probably not as obvious as you think it is, and could use overt statement.

Nothing else on my mind at the moment. Thanks for dynamite DLC!
  20. cravex15 Dedicated Player

Hm....How low was he? Im only T4 (CR 83) and I had some T5 friends walk me in and of course I couldn't interact with any portals nor buy anything from the Vendor as I do not have any MoR yet but I was able to collect a ton of investigations, briefings and collections. Haven't fully completed any of them yet but almost there. Hell, I probably get a piece of T5 gear or mask from it all before Im even T5. :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.