DLC7 Raid Loot

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gobbler New Player

No I'm fine with the armor vendors but the only vendor that sells weapon is the T2.5 The flash DLC Vendor and those weapons are supposed to have a special effect with each other. If it is something like that where the weapons are supposed to interact in conjunction with a DLC I'm okay with that. But in general adding weapons to the vendor I feel changes the way the game is played. Since T5 I have learned to use 5 new weapons I never used before because of not getting the one I had before. I think being forced to use a different weapons expands the game for players as well as forces them to play more diversely.
    • Like x 2
  2. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

To put it bluntly, if the game continues to "force me to use a different weapon", I will unsubscribe and quit playing.

If I create a character "inspired by Green Arrow" I will want to use a bow, not be forced to become a brawler.

So would you also support removing our ability to choose what style we are wearing so that whatever armor we equip, it would automatically change our appearance so that everyone would look like a chimera?

I mean, why give the players any choices at all seems to be your philosophy. Should they remove weapon and powerset choice when you create a new character and just have the game choose it for you randomly?
    • Like x 3
  3. Gobbler New Player

You're more then welcome to choose to use the level 1 bow you started the game with.
  4. Liongale Dedicated Player

I'm okay that they always don't drop for my role... as long as they're dropping. 9 out of 10 runs (as a rough estimate but not an exaggeration) of Nexus will only yield a single piece of 86 gear that was totally unhelpful.

Looking forward to this change!
    • Like x 3
  5. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Might a stupid question, but with the new loot system does only one person get Traces in time gear and everyone else gets like plans or something or does everyone in the group gets a piece of traces in time gear? Might be stupid just wondering.:)
    • Like x 2
  6. Lacedog Loyal Player

I might try playing the game again. Thanks.
  7. SirMuttonChops New Player

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I can't believe this! This is terrible! It's the worst thing I could have ever heard!

No just kidding it's the greatest announcement you guys have made in a while. These raids are sometimes worth running, and I'll admit to be one of the luckier players with it, having had about 6 different 88 weapons and a plethora of gear that I have equipped or stored (because I'm the kind of player that likes to play all roles), and very few repeats.

But this has definitely made every run a run worth doing. Even if it's repeats, it's something decent.
  8. Ebon Angel New Player

Thanks! I misread and overlooked the DLC # reference lol
  9. sAssyCc Well-Known Player

What about the PW bosses when inside the tunnels, are they going to drop 86cr or 87cr gear?
  10. PaperGirl New Player

Those raids are impossible for you , don't generalise .

And if you constnatky wipe it's because your group is bad , and you guys don't have the level for it . Here the truth .
  11. TMadness Well-Known Player

In Summary:

Lvl 85 gear - Vendor
    Lvl 86 gear - Sub Bosses
    Lvl 87 gear - Nexus Boss
    Lvl 88 gear - Paradox Wave Bosses

12. TMadness Well-Known Player

I actually agree with idea of not selling weapons at the vendor. IMO it helped drive players to run content in the early days. However, if we look at it objectively I can't really see any reason to do so. If it were pvp I would be more inclined but for pve I don't see any reason to do so as long as weapons drop.

Are there any specific advantages of being able to purchase from a vendor that you could come up with?
  13. Clutch_GT New Player

Bout damn time. +1 :cool:
  14. sAssyCc Well-Known Player

15. TMadness Well-Known Player

but u just quoted text that supports the decision that they have...
  16. sAssyCc Well-Known Player

True lol ~ I forgot to edit my post when I went back to quote that one ~
  17. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Yeah, when I am able to play with the weapon of my choice, the game is fun. When that choice is taken from me the game is not fun.

If I create a character concept, backstory, etc. then I like to stick with it. If I make a character and design it with a particular weapon in mind, why should I be forced to stop playing with the weapon that I like? In what way is it at all beneficial to force players to destroy their immersion just so the 'hardcore MMO' crowd can rejoice that the game has been rendered into something no longer enjoyable for fans of the DC Universe?

If they had been character-created toons rather than Iconic DC characters -- the RNG would probably force Batman to use pistols, Green Arrow to be a brawler, Superman to use rifle, etc.

Yeah, for the elitist MMOers, this is probably a great thing to remove player choice -- because nothing ticks them off more than to encounter someone having a fun time playing the game -- they want it treated like it is a job that you should hate.

So if you think that players should not be allowed to grind marks and purchase the weapon of their choice:

1) Do you believe that the armor vendors should be removed as well?

2) Should weapon choice be removed at character creation, since players aren't going to get to keep on using the type of weapon that they chose when they get past Central City in the endgame?

3) Should costume choice be removed as well, since your ilk seems to hate the idea of character customization?

4) Should powerset choice also be removed, and your powers be just randomly generated?

-- In short, in what way does it injure you in the slightest if other players are allowed to grind for and purchase our preferred weapon? Why is it so important to you that other folks not get to play with the weapon that they want? Why is it important to you that other people's fun be spoiled? How does it help you if people that feel like I do stop playing and paying money into this game?
    • Like x 3
  18. Playhard Well-Known Player

I love how everyone is all excited and praising the dev team. Seriously? It's still luck based This game is based solely on the lottery ticket mentality so they can continue to abuse the simpletons and sell more replay badges. The best gear should be earned through marks and purchased. Luck based loot just reduces this game which is why most of the original players left. They are short sighted and thinking only of how they can manipulate the current users to get more money. And obviously it's working.
    • Like x 3
  19. Stamen Dedicated Player

All out of Kleenex, Red. I hear the shop next door has some.
    • Like x 1
  20. Brice Allen Loyal Player

The tunnel bosses in Paradox are considered Sub Bosses if you don't fight them in the main room. So they will drop 86 gear if you kill them in the tunnels. If you kill them in the main room, say hello to 88 gear.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.