DLC7 Raid Loot

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spytle Executive Creative Director

Recently we announced that we increased the drop rates of several pieces of the Traces in Time gear set. We also decided to remove the level 86 and 87 gear drops from the bosses in Nexus and Paradox respectively. This means those bosses will now drop either Traces in Time, Time Traveler, or the level 87 or 88 weapons.

The sub-boss level 85 drops will be removed form the loot table and replaced with the level 86 drops from the bosses. Any gear you already have will remain usable and unaffected by this change. The only thing that will be different is what NPC drops them in the future. All other loot on both sub-bosses and bosses remain the same: crafting, base items, etc.

This first change to the Traces in Time and Time Traveler drops will happen this week (pending unforeseen circumstances). The second change to the loot tables will happen shortly after (as soon as Crafty Crafter has time to test it properly).

We recognize the community's frustration with the risk/reward of the items from Origin Crisis, and this change should go a long way to addressing them while still retaining some sense of progression with the loot.

In Summary:

Lvl 85 gear - Vendor
    Lvl 86 gear - Sub Bosses
    Lvl 87 gear - Nexus Boss
    Lvl 88 gear - Paradox Wave Bosses
    • Like x 44
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Wooooooooow +1
    • Like x 4
  3. Daddio New Player

In Summary:

Lvl 85 gear - Vendor
    Lvl 86 gear - Sub Bosses
    Lvl 87 gear - Nexus Boss
    Lvl 88 gear - Paradox Wave Bosses

Very nice!!!
  4. BadJade New Player

can you create novice raids of oc? Lots of people are struggling with it still and would still feel this isn't as good. Even let the novice raids drop 87/88 please.

I am just over seeing this topic of conversation on the forum always dominating.

I want to read more about new things you got planned.
  5. SonOfKalel New Player

Now one more question are the boss still amazingly strong finishing these raids are nearly impossible and its not even the main bosses adds and subs constantly wipe group even with full T5.
  6. Little Sister New Player

This is great ! :)

Quick question: In Paradox Wave, will every item be available as 88? Like there is an 88 Chest, 88 Legs, etc. ? Thanks in advance !
    • Like x 2
  7. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

You rock.

Few questions.

You have that they will drop Traces, weapon, or Time traveler

Last it was layed out, Time traveler wasn't an "or" it was a "possible and"

IIRC the loot tables were the normal items + weapons, so in this case Traces + weapons.

THen another table for R&D being recovery kits and FE5

Then another table for Time traveler with it being the iconic set and all.

Is that still going to hold true? Or are we going to have 3 DPS sets on one loot table?

So if I were to run Paradox I will get 1 Traces in Time drop, a chance at time travler, and a chance at a R&D. With additional chances at Traces with more bosses, possibly having 5 traces drops.

Nexus I will get an 87, including the 87 traces legs/chest in that loot table, a chance at time traveler, and a chance at a R&D piece.

Is that correct?
  8. Twisted Titan Committed Player

Nice, hopefully this makes the drops better overall. I've still yet to get an expert plan from the raids and only one 87 Time Traveler drop.
    • Like x 1
  9. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I'm excited for this change! I was also hoping that maybe you could also look into the drop rate of expert plans. Those items have almost become as rare as some of the Traces drop. I haven't seen an expert plan drop in a month or so. :3
    • Like x 3
  10. BumblingB I got better.

I am glad you are doing this finally. I always hoped you guys would have done it when you said you were adjusting the DLC7 overall. Now when we go into the raids, we can at least get 86 gear and if we pass it, 87 gear. This is VERY good news for my league and for alts.

Thank you for listening and doing this. THANK YOU!

You said in Ex's thread that it would be out this weekend, will this be out Friday or Thursday? In hopes for the restarts.
    • Like x 3
  11. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I hope the next sets of the best gear are bought in the vendors because this system of changing the loot table every few weeks and pieces missing for months is past getting old .
    • Like x 4
  12. Twisted Titan Committed Player

What Britteny said in regards to the expert plans. Will they drop with the side bosses or just the last boss? It would be nice if they drop from the side bosses IMO.
    • Like x 2
  13. TMadness Well-Known Player

I just wanted to add that I don't think this was a "Cave" decision. I believe you guys looked at the data and made the Best possible decision for the game. I am very happy to see that you guys went in this direction and feel as though you took into consideration the communities feelings on this, Thank you DCUO Team. From this player I truly appreciate it and hope you continue to release rare gear in this manner (that does not affect the difficulty) in the future. Thank you again!
  14. Daemonic Visions Committed Player

I support this decision.

Glad this will be guildeline to the future of DLC Raids and Content.

Next goal should be unlocking the gear to current role, just like weapons. Jiffy Pop action will result in the pants of many if this were to happen.
  15. Ebon Angel New Player

I am confused so my question is: my 86 gear bought at the vendor becomes 85 gear?

My question is to Spytle or a Dev, please.

Thanks for your response.
  16. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Will we ever be able to purchase the weapon we prefer with marks or will it all continue to be just a random lottery?
  17. Valsmurf Loyal Player

Hey I know I'm no dev, but perhaps I can help :)

The title of the thread says dlc 7 raid loot, in dlc 7 you could buy 85 gear from the vendor in the meta wing remember?

the 86 vendor gear is from dlc 8, so it really shouldn't be affected at all. You should be safe :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Gobbler New Player

It has always been for the most part a random lottery, I don't advise they change it now.
  19. TMadness Well-Known Player

The sub-boss level 85 drops will be removed form the loot table and replaced with the level 86 drops from the bosses. Any gear you already have will remain usable and unaffected by this change. The only thing that will be different is what NPC drops them in the future. All other loot on both sub-bosses and bosses remain the same: crafting, base items, etc.
  20. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

So do you believe that all armor vendors should be removed as well?

How does it hurt you in any way if I can save up marks and purchase the weapon of my choice?
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.