DLC7 Raid Loot

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crafty_Crafter Developer

Yes it will be two different fixes, we're doing this because we want to get the changes to the final bosses out as soon as possible. Removing the lower-level items from those bosses is a much faster change for us to make and test than re-doing the sub-boss tables, which is why we're doing it in two different fixes.

As mentioned, the first fix will be removing the lower level items from the final bosses in Paradox and Nexus, while the second will be the sub-boss drop changes.

Also, yes, the Legs are the only Traces in Time piece that is dropping in Nexus, along with some item level 87 Rings and Necks for all roles.
    • Like x 1
  2. BumblingB I got better.

Are these going to be hotfixes or included in game updates? I know Spytle mentioned in Exington's thread that as early as this weekend.
  3. Crafty_Crafter Developer

Hotfixes, as soon as we can get them tested and in.
    • Like x 1
  4. Radium Devoted Player

Huh, I thought the waist was in there as well. Been awhile since I've played seriously, did it get removed at some point?
  5. Valsmurf Loyal Player

It went to pw and turned to 88 if irc.
  6. The Klepto New Player

Thank you!
  7. Little Sister New Player

Thanks again for the info Crafty ! Although I do wonder why there aren't any 88 Legs, that seems odd o_O
  8. Jbizzahalla175 New Player

Totally dig it.....perfect fix
  9. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

So are you saying that we are stuck with a random weapon lottery for the forseeable future?

People have told me that I'll eventually get the weapon that I want, but that is just not true.

I've played through all of the Home Turf content, and none of my characters ever got a stronger version of the weapon that I created them with.

The absolute disaster of DLC 7 came, and none of my characters ever got a stronger version of the weapon that I created them with.

DLC 8 has now been here for a good while, and none of my characters has gotten a stronger version of the weapon that I created them with.

Why is the simple request for a weapon vendor at each tier met with such outright hatred and hostility by so many on this thread? I'm not asking for an uber-powerful weapon. I just want a lower-powered weapon for a given tier that is the sort that I created the character with in the first place.
  10. TrueOlympus New Player

I'm pretty sure you are over simplifying things.
  11. BumblingB I got better.

And you are over exaggerating things.
  12. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Oh really? How exactly do you go back to your favorite weapon when they are all random?

I've played through the Home Turf and not one of my characters has gotten the weapon that I wanted.

I've done as much of the DLC7 as I can and not one of my characters has gotten the weapon that I wanted.

And I've done as much of DLC8 as I can do, including TP, and not one of my characters has gotten a more powerful version of the original type of weapon that I chose for that character when I first created them.

So how exactly do I get to "go back to my favorite weapon"?

Do you mean re-equip my Sparc II weapon? Is that what you mean? Because that is the last point in the game where I was given a choice for my weapon.

What do you suppose would happen to me if I tried to do any group content for DLC 7 or 8 with my Sparc II weapon? How many seconds past the initial delay would pass before I was kicked out?

Why is asking for the ability to buy say a CR 84 weapon for doing DLC8 content generating so much hate and hostility? How would it hurt you or anyone else in any way whatsoever if I were able to grind and eventually purchase a weapon?
  13. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

So were just getting rings and neck pieces in nexus and just the traces in time legs and maybe a 87 weapon drop that's kinda weak. I hope this is the final fix to the loot table you guys are doing its crazy how long dlc7 has been out and loot is still an issue . Maybe you guys should just make a vendor for the traces in time gear and charge double for the set and be done with it .
  14. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

At this point I would pay real money to get to have a CR 84 weapon of my choice, but apparently here that is crazy talk. The 2% want to keep those gates tightly shut, they prefer being the big fish in the very small pond.
  15. BumblingB I got better.

Trigon's Prison can be run dailey. Takes 10-15. You are gauranteed an 85 weapon that you can attune to the role you want. If you really can't get the weapon you want by running it daily, you have the worst luck in the entire world. And I'm sorry, but excuse me while I salvage my many many repeated drops of the weapon you think is rare.

Also, for the record, I don't mind having a DLC that has a weapon vendor, but the only precedent is DLC2, which was the same exact weapons as FOS3 only with a Sparc affinity. Everything else is luck based except for PvP. This and gear are two different precedents. DLC7 did best gear in the raids, while we have always had best weapons in the raids.
  16. TrueOlympus New Player

I think we should agree to disagree.

P.S. just got word that the way weapon drops function now, WILL NOT change. So I'm not going to waste energy advocating it. No hard feelings though.
  17. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Yeah, I must have the worst luck in the world because I still have never gotten the weapons that I wanted for any of my characters. And the absolute (*&^%$$s that post here pretty much say that I should never get to buy the weapon I want with marks. People like those are the reason why I have grown to hate this game. Me being able to grind out marks and purchase a mediocre weapon for a given tier is apparently the most absurd idea ever proposed.

Oh well, I guess I can enjoy Skyrim and the new Batman game until Elder Scrolls Online launches. I plan to max out my weaponsmithing skill in that game. NEVER AGAIN the RNG crap.
  18. Red Ringlight Dedicated Player

Yeah, it sucks. This used to be a fun game.
  19. BumblingB I got better.

The thing is, the game has always put the weapons as drops. The only time we could purchase PvE weapons was DLC2, which was a bridge to extend a hand to T3. To be honest, I'm surprised they put the Rings and Neck in DLC8, considering that DLC2 was the only other time we could get jewelry as a purchase. I bet that had to do with the lockbox fiasco though.

I will agree with you on the community is horrible and makes me not want to log in sometimes. But you lashing out at everyone who disagrees with you puts you in the same catagory as them.
    Hate to break it to you, but if you play any game, you are subject to RNG, especially online mmo's. That's how they get you to continue to grind. And in a lot of the games I've played with smithing, there are luck based weapons that you can only get that way. But if you really feel you have to go, I'm sorry. It feels like you wont be happy anywhere.
    • Like x 1
  20. DeathLoli New Player

Very happy with this change. Weapons werent too much of an issue with the old system because people generally passed unless it was thier prime weapon. We'll have to see how the changes work for weapon drops i've never even seen or heard of an 88 Staff droping.

My two questions are when will we see 88 legs. I'm sure most players will feel that an 87 piece will be inferior.
    Second question. Will we see utility belt setups fixed? that 87 dps one is awful. the tank one isnt much better.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.