DLC7 Raid Loot

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Spytle, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lanternknight Committed Player

Grinding for marks to buy the gear is the better way to keep people doing the raid. On one of my dox runs I recieved 3 88 dps drops. Now how does that make it last longer. Then add replay badges and it is faster to get gear with drops than with grinding for marks. So don't feed me that you can earn 5+ sets.

Lets not forget all the glitches people are doing and did in dox. Why should they be rewarded for glitching. Glitching dox for the oddesy feat allowed people to gear up extremely fast. Even when the devs fixed it, a new glitch was found to still do the oddesey. Now there are other glitches being utilized by people to keep bosses up to increase drops.

If the devs wanted people to keep doing raids they would not of implemented replay badges. Back when this game first came out it took months to earn a full tier set.

The only way your way would work for gear to drop in raids to show those who were successfull, is to fix all the exploits in dox and reset all those that abused those glitches back to their previous gear before dox came out. Lets see if those glitchers, which was a good amount, can earn that gear back to show there success.
    • Like x 2
  2. Belgicano New Player

This week i ran nexus, nothing tank role (my main).
    I ran dox 3/4 close, nothing tank.

Something must be changed. Dont mind if i get something i've already.
  3. BumblingB I got better.

@Dump Truck and @warpax It's been over 6 months and people are still talking about loot. Don't you think that is a red flag here? Luck makes people to stop trying. Luck is something that makes people stop putting money in to support it. I don't know how many threads I was seeing pop up stating they are either done and unsubbing or will stop replaying altogether. Going through something that is the hardest thing to accomplish is not satisfying if you end up with something you will never use. (Not even talking about wrong role here.) Loot should ALWAYS be earned. I'm not earning a piece of gear if I decide to help someone at the last boss and getting it. And believe me, that was another issue with T5. Putting it in a vendor is what you aim for.

People were complaining about replays and you know what, it ended up with a careful what you wished for. RPB weren't a problem for the majority, it was a problem for the vocal minority. You could get a full set of T4 in 1-2 days if you replayed Gates. So their fix and I'm sure they saw that issue too, lets make it a random drop and give them a half gear at the vendor. That'll keep them replaying and still not be on top. Welp. We know how that worked.

I'm done with this thread. There is no use to argue. The people that like it in the raids feel like they are on top. All I see are people who are dang lucky.
    • Like x 1
  4. WhiteKnightCub New Player

The Only TT Armour i got from Nexus is Traces of Time Legs.
    I don't see any TT Armour then Legs
  5. Grees New Player

Ah yes PVE :) good then I can pvp like I use too once done lol. Well I have had suggestions for ways to earn more power points that would be a good reason to run a raid. (or have each raid drop a rare piece like the prime helm) True unattuned but that's why I was thinking unattuned and in a book cause it could take some time for you to get a book or like the codexs where for dawn n veng. That took some time but that was back when having to roll on it. I'm sure the devs are weighing how to go about it cause everyone seems to be up in arms about how to deal with the loot. If they go vendor like before they will have the marks back up as to cost for each piece. Oh well we shall all see what they decide on next.
  6. Dump Truck New Player

Codex's would be replacing one luck based system with another. I actually like the luck based system I would prefer if you had an option to go back to need/greed. I always preferred need/greed, and due to the league I run with, everyone geared up faster. Could you imagine the 8-40 pieces we have now from Paradox (depending on how many subs are out) in a need/greed system with civil players who abide by loot rules? We'd gear up ridiculously fast.
    • Like x 1
  7. ScarletGhost Level 30

My personal loot in Paradox is a running joke in my league at this point.

Besides the lopsided 6 pieces of dps, numerous pieces of tank/healer gear that have been salvaged, I've gotten a grand total of 3 pieces of troller gear (and I'm a troller)

But that's not the joke.

33 pairs of shoes.

Seriously. 33. On multiple raids 3 out of 5 pieces of loot are shoes.

I know I'm a woman, but dammit, that doesn't mean you get to stereotype me guys!

How about a nice pair of pants or something to drape around the shoulders?

I've lost track of the 'dox raids where no one got a single piece of usable 88 CR loot. Makes me long for the days where we rolled for loot - at least someone usually got something they could use out of it.

But if you're listening Sony Santa? My shoe closet is full.
    • Like x 1
  8. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

My league jokes all the time about the sorry drops in nexus and paradox all the healers have better tank gear ,all the trollers have better healer gear ,and the tanks have all better troller gear its messed up and I would say they will fix it but its like that to sell power respect tokens and after a few runs in the t5 raids I don't think many sane people will disagree .
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

The problem is the stat bonus difference. If it were small stats like the codexs then people wouldnt be complaining, but these gear styles are changing people by 3 to 4 CR which we all know in DCUO is huge. The vendor gear is strong and the raid gear is suppose to be only slightly stronger but instead in DLC7 it is a huge increase in stats per piece of gear which is why we have the problem. Its one thing to be based off luck. Its another to try the raid more than 50 times and still not have all the styles and its another when you know that many people are being cheated out of their replay badges on a rigged loot table.
    • Like x 2
  10. FullMetalTitan Committed Player

Sad that it took me less runs to be full traces in other roles except mines. Run after run & I only have 1 role specific gear I need lol. Oh & I basically gave up on nexus all that work not even worth it, I'll run it on reset days only. Only time I will spend badges on is paradox , but even that I won't replay so much.
  11. Jaobigboy New Player

So devs, I think we can safely say the community wants the highest gear available to be bought from the vendor. It's obvious that the primary role loot is set to make us pay for power respec tokens because we cannot get the set we wanna play! Dirty pool old man! As for me I have run dox reset it too many times and still have only 1 88 healer piece! Sad,
    • Like x 2
  12. warpax New Player

if i go back to t4 raids and gear...most of ppl got the top gear in a mather of days...and after that the raid itslef became boring. with the raid loot being better than the one u get from vendor, and the individual looting system it keeps the player doing the content, since the drops are harder to collect full set than to just buy it in one day via replay badges from a vendor.

the diference is only 2 cr, and the ability to do content with either 99 cr or 101 is the same, so idk why is everyone crying about it. all other mmos have legendary loot that drops much less than it does in dcuo, and i think they should make it more like so, and add some more epic loots like branica OP helm that use to be in t4...cuz that made the ppl grind prime over and over...new loot is similar to the op helm, only it drops mroe frequent..
  13. 5xthundergodx5 New Player

When you spend 360min or 2hours minimum in Wave or Nexus and always get the opposite role drop 80% of time it is more than frustrating. Most of my friends gave up on dc for being the least rewarding game ever. Simple solution wich will bring back a lot of players. Players have lets say 75 or 80% more chance of getting Equipement for their current role or just like in Raven Bounty you chose the role you want. It makes the raid more fun and doesnt make players want to murder someone. Everytime I run Dox and Nexus not a single person is confident or happy playing. Why? Because the loot drops are a Joke. 100% of the community is unhappy and always get the wrong role in the end. Please fix this and prove the community that dcuo isnt a waste of time and money!
    • Like x 1
  14. PortgasD Well-Known Player

Furthermore, I dont see a reason why anyone should receive loot that is NOT for their role, ever. Seems a bit ridiculous for my healer to come away with troll gear after 2 hours of raiding.
    • Like x 3
  15. KN1TE Dedicated Player

Yeah, after doing one weekly run of Paradox for months, I've only received one piece of 88 tank gear, the head piece & I got it twice. I only received a few pieces of 87 tank gear out of all that time as well. I've got quite a few pieces of dps gear, but mostly healer and troll gear. It seems if u run opposite roles, if I go dps then tank gear will drop & that is messed up. It should drop more per role. The obot mbot gear drop is a joke as well and should b like raven, but that is a different story, but same type of thing. If it is meant to have people switch to different roles and become a more rounded player I can understand that, but it would b nice then if we could run the raids twice a week then, but only if in a different role. So one run as tank, one run as dps etc. The way the current setup is...it has caused leagues to split or certain groups to b elitists & only run with certain people like evevery1 wants the 101 cr dps vs. the 99cr that might b a better player. There is quite a bit of fighting within the raids as well & the graphic updates didn't help as things like warriors spitting a ball doesn't render in the tyrant boss room, but they show up in the tunnel. We don't need things made harder already...especially with pug/lfg groups not willing to listen or agree on what to do. My last encounter when explaining how to actually do it and get a boss fight done with strategy that works, lead to me getting kicked leaving me with nothing for all the time I spent. Too many players claiming to be good based on CR. SP should b a little more powerful. I don't know any more & I don't care. This is my "I offically quit comment."
    • Like x 1
  16. Gant Well-Known Player

As others have mentioned, there are many threads about this topic. In accordance with others, I neither have the time nor the inclination to mess around with luck-based loot within content. I approach crappy DLCs and PvE content the same way.

At the end of the day, you can simply vote with your wallet. Refrain from using the replay badge system. Play another game until the next DLC has the results/rewards you want.
    • Like x 1
  17. 5xthundergodx5 New Player

Exactly what i'm doing at the moment playing more rewarding games instead of stupid waste of time t5 raids. No one is going to buy replay badges for a 10% loot drop for your role its sad and illogical. So many solutions yet nothing. Feels like i wasted over 100$ for nothing. Fix it or you will lose a huge chunk of amazing players.
  18. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

Beat paradox last night with a extra boss so we got double loot ended up with two pieces of 88 one a healer piece the other a tank piece to bad I'm a troller story of my life .
  19. 5xthundergodx5 New Player

20. 5xthundergodx5 New Player

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.