Fixed Disconnected Error 0x0009,3,0

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by MiLady, Jun 1, 2023.

1. RTX Well-Known Player

Can you both tell me what router/modem you´re using?
  2. MiLady Well-Known Player

DLink modem/router combo from my ISP. I tried Beetleguise's suggestion, but it did not work for me. Support asked me to try clean boot, restart my modem/router, clear launchpad cache, provide DxDiag and system info. Nothing worked.
    • Like x 1
  3. RTX Well-Known Player

That´s why i replied explicitly to MVP and Beetleguise, since their issue strongly hints to the router/modem. For you and alot others it hints to Windows 7, where i wouldn´t go troubleshooting anything since it´s out of date. The only suggestion there would be to install Win10 (22H2) or Win11 (22H2).
  4. JenoraFeuer New Player

The impression I've been getting is that the formal bug report is still acting as first-level tech support, they can suggest you do things, but they're not actually the developers. (Honestly, the rather limited selection of possible issues to report should have been a clue on that.) That's why they kept saying to make a forum thread.

I ran a network trace myself (as I said earlier, I do this sort of thing in my day job). The network trace showed an SSL issue talking to the daybreakgames server, but that didn't appear to be the actual problem: the actual disconnect happened after attempts at connecting to vivox.com (the actual chat server) had failed three times, each time with an SSL 'Encrypted Alert' coming from the client side.So it looks like the core problem is that the client no longer reliably accepts the chat server.

RTX:
    It doesn't work for me on Linux using Steam's Proton either. ANY version of Proton. (Admittedly there are several versions of Proton which result in the LaunchPad just producing a black panel without an image.) Though I see there's a new Proton Experimental build there, I'll try downloading that to see if THAT works.
    • Like x 1
  5. MiLady Well-Known Player

Wow Jenora. Thanks for doing the network trace and discovering this bit of news. Hopefully a developer will read that and see what changes they made to the chat server. I wonder if it has to do with a new way to deal with bots selling gold.
    • Like x 1
  6. Beetleguise New Player

System Information
    ATT
    TypeValue
    ManufacturerPace Plc
    Model5031NV-030
    Serial Number36141N013430
    Hardware Version2701-000875-004
    Software Version10.5.6.529707-att
    Key Code52HP-2374-2262-22AT-F2BQ
    First Use DateMay 8, 2018
    DSL ModemA2pv6C039t.d24n
    Device Access CodeDefault Access Code
    System Software Components
    TypeVersion
    att_unified_config529707
    att_unified_cms-certs529707
    att_unified_eapol-certs53226501065
    Firewall Rules1000
    Application List1001
    I use netgear wifi to log on. Can't log on with ethernet. Netgeare WNDA4100 N900
  7. JenoraFeuer New Player

And unfortunately the latest Proton Experimental didn't fix the issue either. (I'd hoped that since Windows 8 and up seem to work, maybe an update to the emulation layer would replicate whatever difference in Windows happened. No, apparently not.) Same thing, disconnect after the third failed attempt at an SSL connection to vivox.com, all three having an Encrypted Alert from the client side after data was exchanged.

I did attach a copy of the network trace to the bug report I had been dealing with; no idea if they forwarded it on to the developers or not.

Might be worth bugging the Steam or wine people about this, too, at least from my end, as this indicates some difference in SSL handling between current Windows and current Wine. Hmm, be interesting to see what I could get from some of Wine's debug capabilities. Sadly, I'm going to be out of town this weekend with only my laptop, so won't be able to continue poking at this.
    • Like x 2
  8. nihilismia Level 30

Are you going to decide to solve the problem? Yesterday for the first time in 1 week I was able to play without difficulty on the US server, and now it's starting again. The problem is with you, not with our connections. Moreover, on the European server everything works perfectly.
    • Like x 1
  9. RTX Well-Known Player

Well, first of all we shouldn´t mix up Linux with Windows, one is supported the other you´re emulating a Windows environment. Your issue could be completly unrelated to the others, SSL problems are mostly caused by different system date/time (unsychronized) or in the case of Windows 7 the known, outdated "Trusted Root Certification Authorities" certificate.
    However there are fixes in the latest Proton build, related to DCUO: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/wiki/Changelog

I highly suggest using the latest Windows version, no matter where the issue is. Even if you´re using Linux, go get Windows on another drive/partition.

Since you´re the only people with these problems, i suggest trying to play on EU-Server to make sure that it´s not an US-Server issue (Thanks for the hint "nihilismia"). That way we could shrink the circle of possible causes.
  10. MiLady Well-Known Player

The DCUO Website says that the minimum/optimal OS that can be used is Windows 7. Also, why should I have to upgrade my OS just to play this game. All of my other apps may not work with the latest OS. Although it is a solution, it is not the best one for me.

DCUO does not support switching toons on a different server. I would have to start all over. This means leveling up allies, artifacts, and my characters from zero. Although this is a solution, it is not one for me since all of my toons are at end-game level.

Thank you to those players who have helped narrow down the problem. Now its just the dev's turn to implement a fix.
    • Like x 2
  11. RTX Well-Known Player

System requirements can change over time, specificly when talking about an Online-Game which gets updated frequently. You should update your OS, since Microsoft won't provide security updates or fixes, or technical support for any issues, leaving your computer at greater risk from viruses and malware that may circulate to take advantage of any flaws that are later discovered. Another aspect is minimizing issues with up to date software. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/end-of-support?r=1

Your fear of apps not working with the latest OS is nonsense, there is a reason for downwards compatibility modes.

The idea for people to test playing on EU-Server wasn´t meant as a long term solution for this issue, it´s a method to find out if the issue still persist. Or if it´s US-Server related.

I don´t know where you see the problem narrowed down. If 2, 3 or even better 4 people write that it´s working on EU-Server, then Devs can find the issue. The last response of their side been to contact their customer support, which means that they believe it´s an individual system issue. Therefore, go and create a character on EU-Server, play some minutes and tell us your results here. (If you don´t get the disconnect error 0x0009,3,0 there)
    • Like x 1
  12. MiLady Well-Known Player

The current OS requirements say Windows 7 on DCUO website. Since they have not updated yet, I can still use Win7. Its not fear but experience about upgrading my OS and old apps no longer work, even using emulation mode. I use my computer not just for playing games but for other things as well. To just upgrade the OS to play this game as the sole reason is not good enough since I need other apps to function for my work.

I did play test on EU server and it worked for me. Therefore its a US Server issue.
    • Like x 3
  13. RTX Well-Known Player

Ok, great! It seems like we tracked down that issue. 1 person is a hint, 2 persons is a pattern, now developers know that the issue is US-Server related and on their end.

Same goes for you, there been another thread which mentioned your specific issue and so far we been able to track it down to their router/modem in use, 2 people with Netgear Nighthawk and another persons thread i can´t find, who also had a Netgear router. Please reply to those 2 people in this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...en-error-code-0x0009-3-0.326905/#post-4578533

This way we can keep different issues sorted. Edit: This reply been to "Beetleguise" and "MVP", or those with a Netgear router!!!
  14. JenoraFeuer New Player

While it's true that it could be different between the Linux and Windows 7 issues, the symptoms are so similar that I find that unlikely:
    - The problem started after the update last week
    - You can log in, get through the character select screen, and start up the game
    - After several seconds in game but unable to do much, disconnect with <0x0009,3,0>
    - Very occasionally it seems to actually work, just enough that you think you did something to fix it but it then shows up again next time
    If the SSL were a time synchronization issue, that would still on the game's end because I've had this issue nowhere else.

I have no intention to buy a retail copy of Windows just to play a game that I have been happily playing (and paying to subscribe to) for years.

Unfortunately I'm out of town this weekend so I won't be able to try the EU server until Monday.

ETA: I didn't see anything that said DCUO on that Changelog, and I did update to the latest Proton Experimental yesterday with no change in behavior.
    • Like x 1
  15. MiLady Well-Known Player

I updated my support ticket about the network trace and SSL issue, but no response from them yet. Still getting the disconnect error.
    • Like x 1
  16. brobby05 New Player

I'm supporting "MiLady" with all fours. Through the years, I've got sick & tired of getting a computer and a couple years twillionaire Bill Gates comes out with another operating system and people are totally discontented and then goes for his garbage and meanwhile making himself richer and richer and we the consumers are suckers. You see discontentment EVERYWHERE especially the lack of marital bliss for quite a long time. They get tired of their tvs and want something better and meanwhile things are made poorer & poorer. I have favorite games and software that will NOT run on anything higher than 7 so to keep them and besides I'm content with Windows 7 so why should I add to Gates' coffers...but people MUST stick together, but it won't happen with all the discontent in the world and wanting something "better"...TOO BAD!!!

BRobby05
    • Like x 1
  17. Phaethonian New Player

Also, in support of MiLady, I'd like to point out I am on Windows 10 and am experiencing what appears to be the exact same issue, suggesting it is very unlikely to be limited to users of Windows 7. More likely, many others are experiencing the same problem, but simply haven't popped on here to report or discuss it.
    • Like x 2
  18. Beetleguise New Player

I have an ATT router. I use my Netgear usb wi-fi adapter to connect to my ATT router so I can play DCUO. If I connect to my router with ehternet it disconnects. (untill just now)
    I just examined the difference in the 2 connections and THOUGHT I had solved the problem. On my wi-fi adapter connection I had QoS packet scheduler enabled and on my ethernet connection it was disabled. I unchecked it on wi-fi to test it and it crashed. I unplugged wi-fi and re-enabled my ethernet connection with QoS packet scheduler enabled and I can play again with no crash. I thought that must be it. Now it gets weird. All week I could not play with ethernet connection (only wifi). Now I can log in and play with my ethernet connection with QoS on OR off BUT I can not play with my wi-fi connection with either setting. Strange stuff but you might want to check the setting for yourself in case that works for you.
    Control panel - Network and sharing - change adapter settings - right clcik your connection and select properties - Check mark QoS packet scheduler
  19. RTX Well-Known Player

-->As i´ve written already, so far we in this thread tracked it down to probably be an US-Server issue. Also, if the SSL alerts you getting doesn´t happen for other people, which they don´t (including myself, i can play on US without problems and did some checks). It can only be a cause on your system, specificly when emulating something. (Your SSL issue, if that´s even an issue, since the game should run without connecting to vivox)<-- This text is a reply to "JenoraFeuer".

-->If the support told you to make a post/thread on this forum, you pretty much did everything in your might to get it fixed, however you have to be patient, even if that issue already exist since the latest GU. Also, no developer responded on this thread yet, there are many threads and posts they have to respond to. And remember that it´s weekend, nothing will happen until next week. <--- This text is a reply to you "Milady".

-->It would be nice if you "brobby05" and "Phaethonian" check if you´re able to "test" playing on EU-Server (Test playing a few minutes, if it works it should ensure a safe result on US-Server beeing the issue.<-- This text is a reply to "brobby05" and "Phaethonian". Edit: It would be great additional information, if you reply your results in this thread.
  20. SugarBeef New Player

I'm also unable to login anymore, error 0X0008.3.0. This started yesterday, 6/10. I tried switching to EU with the same result, then I switched back and now have error X0010.9.0. I'm also unable to create a support ticket as I cannot login on the support site (it just refreshes the main page) and the contact us link also takes me to the main support page where I still can't log in. I should be fine as long as I can log in within 10 days so I can still get the month's daily login bonus goodies, the tokens at the end of the month don't matter so much.