Fixed Disconnected Error 0x0009,3,0

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by MiLady, Jun 1, 2023.

1. MiLady Well-Known Player

I am on USPC. After choosing my toon, I click the play button. After about 20 seconds, I get this error. Connection to the world was lost. <Error 0x0009,3,0>. It has been happening since 6:00pm EST. If the world is down, can you put up a message on the forums please.
    • Like x 10
  2. Phaethonian New Player

I'm on the same, NZ-based, playing on USPC, and I've been getting the same thing happening - sometimes I make it into the game world for all of five seconds to a minute before it happens. Other times it'll just churn away on the loading-in screen. Something's definitely amiss - very frustrating.
    • Like x 3
  3. MiLady Well-Known Player

The error is now "World is down" <0x000c,6,0> as of 9pm EST.
    • Like x 3
  4. PantherPrime New Player

usps cant log back in
    • Like x 3
  5. JenoraFeuer New Player

I'm still seeing this too, despite people on the main thread in Announcements saying it was back up an hour ago?
    • Like x 2
  6. Butterball New Player

• Like x 3
  7. MiLady Well-Known Player

I am still getting the Disconnected error 0x0009,3,0.
    Its 4:43pm EST.
    • Like x 3
  8. MVP New Player

I'm having a bit of a different disconnect issue and it really is making this game unplayable my situation is I log on completely fine after about 15-20 mins give or take every other character on my screen stands completely still npcs included all my powers go on a locked cooldown now my first thought was I'm lagging but everyone around me on there screen see me moving normally all chats are not delayed the work as intended and all my emotes work as intended also not delayed I wanted to see if I was lagging I ran up to a player I knew was actually standing still and I waved they waved back instantly...now the weird part this is only happening on my system I've used my profile on my friend system and it worked flawlessly I thought at that point maybe it's a console issue but it only occurs in this game I play everything else flawlessly I've even went as far as to factory reset my system and dc was the only game I downloaded on my system after and still about 15 mins in everything just stops last part in my long message my thoughts is that it's an in game issue but with any profile used from my system ig I dnt kno tech stuff but I think it's in game because of I want everything to go back to normal for another 15-20 mins all I have to do is use a random teleporter I've been using the pvp phase shifter and that fixes the problem every time I also noticed it says syncing to server when I use the phase shifter so I feel like my character de syncs after 15mins I don't have an error code cuz I don't get kicked out UNPLAYABLE as of rn
    psn ToxicBhvrTTV
    PS5
    Character Name MVP
    USPS
  9. nihilismia Level 30

Same bug for me since yesterday on USPC
    • Like x 2
  10. MiLady Well-Known Player

Its 6:50am EST and I am still getting this error. Come on devs. Its been 3 days now.
    • Like x 2
  11. JenoraFeuer New Player

Okay, so I was thinking, I'm running on Steam on Linux, maybe that had something to do with it... so I tried on an old Windows laptop that barely had the horsepower to handle this, and it worked just fine there. So I went back to the Linux desktop, no dice. So I started trying different versions of the Proton runtime:
    Proton 5.0-10 (what I had before): fails with 0x0009,3,0
    Proton Experimental: fails with 0x0009,3,0
    Proton 5-13-6 to Proton 8.0-2: none of these even showed me the launcher, I just got a blank box with the cursor changing shape over the form but no actual interaction.

Proton 4.11-13: this worked!

So, honestly, unless the devs fixed it somewhere in the last few minutes, backdating the Proton version to 4.11-13 worked for me. If you're running DCUO on Linux, you might want to try that, too.

ETA: Though some of the lettering of things like the 'your inventory is full' message is now in black rather than white and difficult to read as a result.

EATA: And switching back to Proton 5.0-10 caused it to fail again, so that's almost certainly the issue. No idea what the devs did to make that make a difference.
    • Like x 1
  12. MiLady Well-Known Player

Thanks for the update Jenora. I am on Windows and have been playing this game for over 10 yrs. Since other players may be able to play the game, the devs may not be doing much and will wait until the next Thursday. Each day that I cant login, is a loss for me (Daily login rewards, unable to participate with 2X artifact XP, doing summer seasonal event or my dailies, thus losing out on marks and progress).
    • Like x 2
  13. Phaethonian New Player

Still happening here at 6:10pm on Sunday 4th June, GMT+13. It's made the game unplayable for me, and I commiserate MiLady - especially that we've missed out on days of the very rare double artifact XP period.

At this point it may be the straw that broke the camels' back for me, since I've been trying to hoard Nth metal and waiting for this. I'll see what the response is and that'll determine whether or not I renew my subscription.
    • Like x 2
  14. JenoraFeuer New Player

Well, it turns out that the change in Proton only worked once, and it doesn't work anymore. So that wasn't the issue, and perhaps it only worked because of some weird race condition. Back to the drawing board. It does work on the laptop at least, but the laptop is only barely good enough to run the game.
    • Like x 1
  15. MiLady Well-Known Player

As of 11:10am EST today, I am still getting this same error. USPC, Windows7. Ever since the Thursday patch, I can not play this game.
    • Like x 2
  16. Phaethonian New Player

Tried again this morning. Lasted about three seconds in-game, not even long enough to open the daily rewards claim menu, before getting disconnected. As someone who pays for the game, I'm furious.

I saw in another thread that an issue with the USPC server was being investigated and was resolved. Not sure what that was, but there are clearly still issues at play - I hate to think how many other players are experiencing this but have yet to report it; I know my League are having the same problems.
  17. Vulcanian Level 30

I was able to get on and play last night 3 June 23 and now it's back to the same old error Disconnected error 0x0009,3,0 . I'm missing out on the double artifact XP period. Not to mention the summer seasonal events and my dailies. I'm a paying player and don't want to feel as if I'm not getting enough bang for my buck.
    • Like x 1
  18. Beetleguise New Player

It works on my Win 8.1 pc but not my Win 7 pc
  19. CiaranII New Player

I've been having the very same error of the other players of this thread since yesterday at this time more or less, with very same circumstances (logging in, after some 20 seconds, crash and that error). Playing from Italy on US server. I wonder if the others have fixed. It's somehow annoying for me too, since I'm missing stuff in days I was off work.
  20. CiaranII New Player

Okay I've tried the easiest and fastest fix I could find on the internet, and it seems working. In the launcher, go to advanced options, and then VALIDATE FILES. I hope it helps others too.