Fixed Disconnected Error 0x0009,3,0

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by MiLady, Jun 1, 2023.

1. brobby05 New Player

I did that over the weekend but it didn't do anything for me and BTW, mine still kicks me out. I think somebody better do some playtesting before putting up this junk. We pay good money for this game and keeping up on it.

BROBBY05
    • Like x 1
  2. Vulcanian Level 30

Well it didn't help me but thanks for trying.
    • Like x 1
  3. MiLady Well-Known Player

Its 5:12pm EST. I am still getting the "Disconnected error <0x0009,3,0>". Day 5 of continued disconnect error.
    • Like x 1
  4. Phaethonian New Player

I'm done. Five days, no response from the devs or team, no progress, no communication. I have limited time to play games and other games that work.

I've canceled my subscription - it's unacceptable performance from a team running a live game, especially compared to the competition, and I'm exercising my right to draw the line on what I'll tolerate from a game in 2023. This falls pretty far short of the standard.
    • Like x 2
  5. CiaranII New Player

So, I thought it was something once in a lifetime since it gave me again the error, but I validated again and was able to connect. Later in the day I'll move to another city, with another and faster internet connection aand I'll check again.
  6. Beetleguise New Player

I have a workaround for you that I have tested and works. I was trying to play dcuo on my Win 7 pc with ethernet cable. Crashed every time. I rebooted my modem/router. No good.
    I unplugged my ethernet cable and plugged in wi-fi adapter and it plays just fine.
    I unplugged wi-fi and tried playing with android cell hotspot via usb tethering and it also works fine.
    To hotspot with android you need to enable developer options, enable usb debugging (in dev options), enable wi-fi hotspot, turn on usb tethering. For dcu or other programs on your pc to use this internet connection you need to either unplug your ethernet cable or go into control panel, network and sharing, change adapter settings, right click the ethernet connection and select disable.
    To enable developer options on android go to settings, scroll down, and tap "about phone" 10 times then you will see a message that says "you are now developer"
  7. JenoraFeuer New Player

I tried the 'validate files' as well, but no dice. It found fourteen files that didn't match CRC for some reason, but even reaplacing all of those resulted in the same issue. I think it's just like my fiddling with Proton versions earlier: occasionally it just works randomly for no apparent reason, and the fact that it suddenly worked actually has nothing to do with the changes that were just made, it's something on the server end. Maybe some race condition such as getting a chat message just as you're logging in or something.

Anyhow, at this point, there's this thread, I've mentioned this a few times in the Discord bugs channel, and on the weekend I submitted a formal bug report on the website as well. No responses on any of those, though the formal report has only been there for one day so far.
  8. MiLady Well-Known Player

I had created ticket #1252564 for this problem. Finally got a response from Mepps to open a ticket, but already had done so.
    FYI... problem still exists today 5:17pm EST.

Beetleguise, I tried your steps, but the error still happens. Looks like some client change that they made is messing up connections with Windows 7.
  9. Incineration Inferno Active Player

OK, once again I'm unable to log into USPC server to play the game. Is the world down again after another issue?
  10. nihilismia Level 30

About a week that I can't play on the US server, that's 25% of my subscription wasted, I really feel like I'm being scammed.
  11. brobby05 New Player

Somebody said the test was up so I tried that...to the same results as the regular game. Somebody from support responded to my ticket and of course mentioned to update the stuff in the advanced tools so I did to doublecheck but of course everything was ok so I responded, "Answer a question for me...why was it working super until this so-called update at the end of this past week?". Nobody responded to THAT.

Brobby05
    • Like x 1
  12. Vulcanian Level 30

I was able to play around midnight last night but now I can't. I keep getting the same disconnect code <0x0009,3,0> Is this ever going to get fixed or at least someone tell us what's happening?
  13. MiLady Well-Known Player

I got a response from Support to try and validate my files, checked the files, and the problem still exists. Its 4:58pm EST and I still cant play for 7 days.
    • Like x 1
  14. Butterball New Player

Problem has persisted for the past week with me as well. Have tried the game across multiple accounts on multiple devices, Windows 10 and Windows 11. Gone through all my alts, attempting log in and only had success remaining logged in less than 10% of the time. Doesn't matter where i spawn in at. Open world, League Hall, Lair or House of Legends. Complete randomness.
  15. MiLady Well-Known Player

I am currently working with Support on this issue. So far they asked me to try doing these things:
    1) Clean reboot of my pc and then launch the game. Also provide my hardware and OS specs.
    2) Clear launchpad cache and then launch game.
    3) Change my internet options and then launch game.
    4) Disable Anti-virus and then launch game.
    5) Uninstall/install DCUO (on going since its large and take a long time to download)
    So far 1-4 had no effect on the problem. Tomorrow, I will see if uninstall/install will work.

Since several other people have this issue, I told them that it is most likely something that was introduced with last Thursday's update. Also, I suggested they take a look at the server logs to see why accounts are being disconnected. I gave them the error code, it should help pin-point the problem area.
  16. Butterball New Player

Tried to uninstall. Failed due to Runtime error. Tried the Re-install (update) Still having same issue. After 12 and half years as a subscriber; I believe I'm done with this company.
    • Like x 1
  17. JenoraFeuer New Player

Yeah, the people I've been talking to have NOT been listening to me. First I was told to try a whole bunch of things that were Windows-specific when I said I was running Linux, then I was told I should open a forum thread after I'd given him the URL to this thread TWICE... And I've mentioned the error code multiple times myself. And I'm still getting asked to power cycle my router, even though I'd already mentioned the laptop works on the exact same router. I just don't want to use the laptop because it barely has enough power to run the game.

From my standpoint, the fact that it always connects, lets me walk around the base but not interact with anything and not even perform any attacks or powers, shows me no chat messages even from the LFG channel, and then just times me out later on, that all indicates that the client thinks it's connected but the server doesn't. So anything that can be done purely on the client side (moving around, hearing base totems do things) works, but anything that requires interaction with the server (opening the mailbox or attacking something) doesn't, and eventually the connection drops because none of the communication works. Possibly the client side is just timing out before the server actually finishes setting up the connection on its end.

I debug network communications in my day job. I've seen this sort of thing before.
  18. MiLady Well-Known Player

Support just asked me to powercycle my router, do a Jitters and ping/speed test. I did all 3 and provided the info. However, the problem still exists. I continually tell them that the game worked fine prior to last Thursday patch on 6/1/23. Nothing changed on my end, so it is something they introduced.
    Also I asked if they looked into the server logs to see why clients are getting disconnected. I asked if they looked into what was added in last Thursday's patch. They did not respond to these normal ways to debug a network issue.
    They just act as if its a client-side / user environment issue. It would be if something changed on the user's side, but NOTHING changed on my computer (no downloads, updates, installs, etc.).
    It is 5:40pm EST and I am still getting the Disconnected Error 0x0009,3,0. It has been 8 days since this problem occurred and I am unable to play the game and get the daily rewards and all of my toons are now falling behind in staying current.
    • Like x 1
  19. MiLady Well-Known Player

Support replied about my slow internet speed. Since my internet speed is slow, they want me to try to get a faster connection. Really?! I am using a wired ethernet setup on a modem/router combo device provided by my internet provider. The game worked fine prior to last Thursday's patch on 6/1/23. They did not research the server logs nor spoke with the developers about the game patch. Also, since other players are having the same issue as I am, then its not my setup. Using a DMZ zone is not going to help. ITS A GAME PATCH ISSUE.
    • Like x 1
  20. MiLady Well-Known Player

Well it looks like support gave up. They suggest I create a post on the forums and see help from smart people here and the devs will be looking at the forums, and maybe will chime in. So I created a new post.
    • Like x 1