Disappearing Players

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Mailaye, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaDog New Player

Its not easy...
    If you cant find a video, Im pretty sure we can make one tonight.

Its USPS3. I personally have only seen it in Nexus and Wave. I never saw it prior to GU28 and now I see it everytime I'm in those instances.

Multiple times in the Nexus last boss fight last night, people had died. I knew only because the others on mic told me. They were invisible and I still saw green on their bars for as long as 15-20 seconds after they had told me they were down. Before the fight players across the room wink out, disappearing and reappearing. But the players near me dont do that. But during the fight, anyone at any position, even right next to me, could wink out..

Earlier fighting adds in the Nexus halls this happened to the tank while he was practically right beside me.. He just disappears and either he's not catching my heals, or its not showing up on my bars... Either way, its a huge, consistent problem.
    • Like x 4
  2. YodaDog New Player

No that is different from this bug. Its a big problem too but I havent seen it in a week or two..

This is different. Ideally, we need a video from the healers POV. That way you can not only see the other players disappear and reappear, but you can also see how the green bars stop moving and fail to give accurate info when the player has disappeared.

EDIT: actually the green bar glitch may very well be happening for everyone. It just doesnt get eyeballed or freak anyone else out like it does the healer..
  3. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

Thanks Everyone. A video would be great.

DeadMeat
  4. thelostczarnian New Player

try fighting the batmen and you will happily go back to it though im sure lol
  5. Kam New Player

USPS3
    Hero side

I've seen this problem in:
    -paradox
    -nexus
    -prime
    -tala room

All after GU28. Anytime of the day.
  6. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

I've seen it a couple of times before the update, rare but it has happened...now it's an every day thing!

I've called my ISP and it's not on my end. I don't know how, why or when it will happen, it just does!

Thanks for looking in to this!

IA ARMY
  7. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Brittney posted one yesterday

https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...eople-disappearing-in-nexus-post-gu28.165875/

Here is a very good example that i saw because the disappearing player had the 2nd shield.....Look at the 2:00 mark in the video....

[IMG]

You can see the other healer in the TOP right corner (i put a red circle around him "Evil Bezz")

Then within a second....he disappears from screen....

[IMG]

He is no longer visable....

Then a second later....he (evil bezz) slowly renders back into her View...

[IMG]

Same thing was happening to us last night playing Nexus

Side Note - Do any of the devs play on the PS3, this is really noticeable & very easy to replicate
    • Like x 6
  8. FrontlineR Well-Known Player

I've seen this happen a lot in Nexus and Paradox, making those raids even harder.

I ran Paradox two nights ago and we even had to change how our group was set up so we could "get around" this glitch (but not really). We usually run with a solo healer, but I (the solo healer) could not see the tank at all times, so we had to bring a second healer into the raid, hoping that at least one of us would see the tank during the fight.

The tank (and other players) didn't seem to catch my heals when they were not visible to me, and we also had people complaining about not having PoT, when the controllers were casting it right next to them.

It seems that it's more likely to happen to players who are farther away from you, but I've also had it happen to players who were basically hugging my toon.

(Edit)
    This also may happen when someone dies. I may see the cog above their head, but I don't see their toon, which confuses me. "Am I interacting with an object or something, or is that a player knocked out?"
    [IMG]
    (/Edit)

I had never experienced this before GU28. Some players are blaming on lag, but I am certain it's not lag. I've NEVER lagged in this game (well, not because of my internet connection, anyway :rolleyes:)

[IMG]

I've tried relogging my character and joining back in the raid... still happened. I've tried exiting the game and rebooting it... still happened. I've tried rebooting my PS3... still happened.

[IMG]

I will try to have this recorded tonight. I hope this can be identified and fixed soon™ !
    • Like x 3
  9. Remander Steadfast Player

OK, my bad. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Ionthas Well-Known Player

This is really annoying. Sometimes I can see people and they can't see me or vice versa. I can jump on their heads and they still can't see me.
    I can send duel invites and it says they are too far away even though I'm actually touching them.
    In T5 raids, this can be game breaking.
  11. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Even at the beginning of the video, Nexgen disappears from my screen, before we even start fighting. Needless to say, is very frustrating when this happens as the person will not get healed or receive power and can still take damage.

This is happening on USPS3. I've only noticed it in Nexus and Wave post GU28.
    • Like x 3
  12. Logroe New Player

I'd Like to add that people go invisible multiple times in open world.

I.E Diamond heist. People bring in bags unnoticed, people dump the truck unnoticed.

At Elsworth (I think its called) Memorial hospital doing vengeance the ghosts don't appear sometimes.

Everywhere in open world It takes a while for most things to render properly mostly 30-50 seconds. Even things that are no more than 5 meters ahead go invisible.
    • Like x 1
  13. Mailaye New Player

I have seen it happen in FOS 2 as well. With them disappearing makes something i could usually do with no trouble makes it hard. So with it happening in FOS 2, i would assume it happens in most, if not all, instances.
  14. Agnetta Dedicated Player

ive been seeing this a lot in nexus and paradox wave since update 28, USPS3.
  15. Ice Knight Well-Known Player

This has been happening ever since DLC 7 and these raids came out.
    And it happens in both T5 raids only that i know of.
    It is just occurring alot more ever since Gu28.
  16. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Bump for Update Devs?

Next....Disappearing Pets?!?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  17. YodaDog New Player

Saw this again throughout Nexus last night. Its really tough to heal people who disappear and seemingly lose LOS out of nowhere for no reason.

This should be a top priority for you guys, IMO, and I'd love to hear an update on when we might expect a fix here.
  18. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

hmmm, Thought maybe a Dev would pop in and drop some info on this...nothing yet!

I'll check back!

IA ARMY
  19. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Ran Wave last night and wow, this needs to be fixed ASAP. I've noticed the tank is usually always the one to disappear. Our tank died several times b/c he was not receiving heals.

I really hope this gets fixed ASAP.
  20. Solidus91 Active Player

I ran nexus tonight, we could not see the pools on the floor, players were disappearing, and also players were exploding with some strange effect that looks a little like sorcery...

Also I'm on EUPS3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.