Disappearing Players

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Mailaye, Jul 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaDog New Player

Presidential Bump.
    [IMG]

This bug is still happening. Please fix.
    • Like x 2
  2. Kam New Player

:/
  3. YodaDog New Player

Saw this again. Saturday 3-5 pm est, USPS3 running Dawn and Vengence Ops. Same issues of players randomly disappearing and losing LOS.
    • Like x 1
  4. Captain Liberty Developer

Just wanted to update the thread. We don't have a fix yet, but have been getting better metrics, and may have a a remedy in the next day or so. Sorry I can't be more definitive, but this has not been an easy problem to solve.
    • Like x 11
  5. Kam New Player

This is great news! Thanks captain!
  6. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I'm hoping it's fixed soon. It's happening constantly in Nexus and Wave. Doesn't matter the time, or day. Makes things pretty difficult :(

Thank you for the update.
  7. Anti Bezz New Player

It is weird and isn't fun when it happens, but heals and power still hit the ppl that it happens to. I solo'd heals a nexus with that happening to the tank, so i was figuring i would end up re-logging to fix the issue, but he received all my heals the entire raid, so yes it needs to be fixed and does su*k, but doesn't make content non-playable.
  8. FaLeX Dedicated Player

Thanks for the Update....

also...during our RENT Run last night...

[IMG]

noticed the bug (disappearing players) during the last boss fight in FOS 2
  9. jallenw23 New Player

Happened in a Wave Run last night. Everyone was unable to see one another. USP3. Do the graphic need to be turned down? I had my graphic all the way down I was able to see everyone. But others in the raid were unable to. My question do the graphic need to turned all the down on the PS3 like I have mine?
  10. Superpatriot Dedicated Player

You really can't help yourself can you? Everybody posting on this thread, including those with video evidence, are saying that this is a problem, the invisible person doesn't get heals or power, but YOU out of all the people in the thread, including your former leaguemates and league leader, not to mention the countless other people that don't use the forums that are experiencing the exact same thing that is being discussed here and acknowledged by the devs, have not only seen no problem with this happening but dismiss it completely.

Congrats on solo healing Nexus. I'm only saying that because you brag about it a lot and seem to need the recognition.
    • Like x 1
  11. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Why do you care if Bezz is happy to solo heal nexus or even wants recognition...your whole signature is look at me, follow me, friend me, join me, subscribe to me. So much for Mr. positive community environment.

People are getting HoT's & PoT's but missing the instant heals/power...kinda like when Oolong went bad & you couldnt see your team. The issue of disappearing teammates still persists.
    • Like x 2
  12. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

Maybe he's lonely :cool:

On topic: Happened in Wave Last night.
    • Like x 1
  13. YodaDog New Player

Yes, well Im pretty sure he's right though. And the fact that he soloed Nexus is pertinent to the discussion since it makes it far easier to tell if your specific heals are catching a specific target or not. Is this really your idea of promoting a positive community? Or is that a joke, or what? Because every time I hear you speak up, its to put someone on full blast over nothing.

Cheers.
    • Like x 4
  14. Lokkii Committed Player

It seems hit and miss, I too have solo healed nexus and the invisible parties DID receive heals, ive also been in instances where the invisible did not receive heals, and trollers weren't able to give said parties power.

So its hit and miss, you cant expect a broken element of the game to behave consistently
    • Like x 2
  15. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

I was able to see with 2 healers, that my heals were not reaching the disappearing player. It's not hard to see or figure out. When your tank is losing health and not getting healed after you're spamming your insta heal, obviously something is wrong. I'm sure it's the same with trollers. I don't see any trollers coming in here making it a point to say they solo trolled Nexus to confirm it's an issue.

Anyways, let's hope they figure out what's causing it, because it's pretty annoying.
  16. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

I have been in runs where the controller can not give burst power
  17. Captain Liberty Developer

Update: we should have a fix for this issue - though it will be submitted later today or tomorrow - so it won't show up until next Tuesday or so. Sorry for the delay, but it takes a few days to get an update approved.

In the meantime, if you'd like to avoid the problem, a workaround is to reduce character variance. By that, I mean that if some or all players shared gear styles, went naked, or otherwise reduced the number of unique gear pieces in your raid group, it should resolve the issue. It could require as few as two members of the group to do so, but your mileage may vary.
    • Like x 6
  18. FaLeX Dedicated Player

I agree with you Mr. President....We have your back....We Shall help you Take a Stand!

[IMG]

More info regarding this is better since either heals work or doesn't while disappearing will help the devs to pinpoint the root cause of the issue....
    • Like x 2
  19. Prodigy Progeny Dedicated Player

Also note that using expendable guise consumables (ie morrowbot, amazon, brainiac, assassin , & hive drone) will also inhibit the fading of character.
    • Like x 2
  20. Soulburn32 Loyal Player

So we should all be running as Ninja's tonight? Sound good to me!
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.