Dimensional Ink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lantern_AdamK4 Committed Player

Some players don't like them sure. But some players DO like them. Myself included. Some people don't like other things in the game that others like. That's just the way it is. Maybe they should send out a survey?
    • Like x 1
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

Correction: A LOT, I repeat A LOT of people don't like the TC system. SOME of you DO like them. If they send out a survey asking you if you want TC's gone, I will GUARANTEE you that the percentage of people clicking YES will speak volumes compared to those clicking NO. I GUARANTEE it. I hope they do send out this survey.

Just because a handful of whales chose to empty their pockets on these things doesn't magically mean that tons of other players like them. The exact same thing goes for the Artifact system in its current stage.
    • Like x 2
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It's more than just a handful of people that are buying stabilizers. I agree a lot of people dislike TCs but there's obviously a high demand for them. The devs would have abandoned capsules just like everything else that doesn't generate profit.
    • Like x 1
  4. Chia Death Well-Known Player

Yeah, right... THAT is the reason why they ignore PvP and release phoned-in content riddled with bugs.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

There's not a high demand for capsules, there's a high demand for the contents within the capsules - that is not the same thing

When someone asks the developers for new capsules, or when is the new capsule coming out, they're not really after the opportunity to blow $200 on nothing, they're begging for new styles and content.

The sick knife twist is giving it to them in a gambling box.
    • Like x 7
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

The only thing this tells me is the game is probably on its very last legs at this stage. It is, after all, a 9 year old live MMO game, and has done well to survive this long. The only reason it has survived this long is because there is no other game like this (customisable superheroes, combat, set in a mainstream comics universe (DC/Marvel)) - and if there was another game like that (with good to very good reviews) it would be curtains for DCUO for absolute certainty at this point.

At this point I would recommend against spending any kind of money on DCUO (maybe a monthly sub if subbed) until we as the customers know exactly what is going on.

The last month or two hasn't been the best for DCUO (rushed episode testing and release (considering it was near Thanksgiving/run-up to Christmas), no Anniversary on test, the broker/mail situation) which hasn't helped with this, and December was already a fairly disastrous month to release an episode anyway imo.

I don't get any good feeling about this news at all unfortunately regardless of any speculative responses from devs or press outlets. It's a case of wait and see but my expectations are very very low at this point.

One of those things where you (if you still wish to continue playing DCUO) need to be cautiously optimistic, with more leniency towards the cautious.
    • Like x 4
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Of course the demand is for the TC contents and I would much rather have those contents on the MP with no feats attached. However, people keep flushing money into the capsules so you expect development to just stop making Time Capsules?
    • Like x 1
  8. BumblingB I got better.

It fuels itself. Mostly because of the feats attached and unique rare styles that the whales make it so the devs will continually make more. While the average player that puts some money into the game gets shorted twiddling thumbs until they get put on the qwark vendor. I was eyeballing one yesterday I didn't have. *shrug*
  9. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Seriously, all these years talking about time capsules really sums up to one very simple solution.

Time capsules should be like the very first one.

Most people had everything in them in about 2-3 months. Just in time for the next one.
    • Like x 1
  10. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Glad to hear this, really. With all the crazy backstories about that thing with Russian oligarchs and back chanels, i'm hoping DI is now so very, very far away from that affiliation that this separation not only helps them survive the next gen jump, but also ultimately secured them from the inevitable with Daybreak itself. (We know)

Whatever this new game is sounds intriguing. If it follows an F2P model, I only hope that it is fully F2P and not this very odd amalgam that DCUO has been, which has ultimately upset more people and turned them off from the game than it has attracted. Mind you, fully F2P means associated gimmicks that similarly piss people off. Can't make everyone happy - perhaps unless it's full retail up front with reasonably priced DLC releases. Or something. Either way, great news.

Looking forward to seeing the studio grow and do bigger and better things. Maybe see some old blood return to roost?
    • Like x 1
  11. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

There is a difference between something you like and something you need. Some of the ppl who buy them not necessary like them, they buy just cos feel like if dont have it their game will be incomplete, obsessive players who just enjoy when get everything before others.
  12. Hraesvelg Always Right

This isn't meant as a personal slight, but this sentiment in some form or another has been often repeated ever since the hack back in Year 1. Like any game/service...it will be in operation until it isn't. Encouraging people to hold back from spending anything will certainly hasten whatever eventual end is coming. I wouldn't have thought WoW or Perfect World would have been going on as long as it has. Without seeing the balance sheets, we're all just taking a guess.
  13. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

Remove all the feats from TC's and look at how much demand will be... none!

Yes stop makeing TC's and you will see how ppl start to buy more badges for buy the feats in all their toons
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

It seems to me to be highly unlikely they would cannibalize their existing game by making another of the same type, but minus the IP that draws many people in.

That's about the least likely possibility of all possible games they would do, I would think, but what do I know?
  15. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What in god's name are you talking about? Nobody in the player base "knows" that. There has never even been even the faintest official hint of such a thing.

You appear to not know the difference between wishful thinking and reality. On what basis do you believe you "know dcuo 2 has been in the works," exactly?
    • Like x 1
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

What evidence do you base this assertion on, other than anecdotal?
    • Like x 2
  17. Solarbound Committed Player

LOL! What real point are you trying to convey here? Just because you like it doesn't excuse the ill-practice marketing scheme that it has become. What you're supporting is a system that contributes to greed, taking advantage of our COMMUNITY'S money, and it's sad that you allow yourself to fall into that. Sorry, not sorry, I can't share your stance as I absolutely REFUSE to get behind such a poorly structured business model. Might I add, most posts I've seen throughout these forums on the matter speak in opposition of that as well. So, yes, bring on that survey. It's time for the people to speak up.
  18. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

What evidence would you provide to contest it?
  19. Hraesvelg Always Right

That's not how anything works. The burden of proof is on the person making a claim. Otherwise, you'll have to disprove that I have an invisible unicorn in my garage.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

I hear you.

But this time really is different, in that the last few months haven't been the best for DCUO, we had six months between episodes with Metal part I containing a lot of rehash (even though False Idols was actually a pretty decent raid imo) last year, plus all the other stuff I mentioned in my previous post,, and with the game being 9 years old and the population getting ever smaller by the day - I have no good feeling about this.

Anything better than the worst case scenario at this point is a blessing at this point with the game as it is (expect the worst and hope for the best).

I'll probably still play (albeit less intensely than recent years) unless something major happens in my real life or the game shuts down. (or a new DCUO type game comes out like a DCUO 2 or a Marvel superhero MMO with the level of customisation DCUO has)

Very cautious optimism is the key here.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.