Dimensional Ink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

I literally was thinking the same thing when I read that. "Don't give me hope only to completely crush me."
    • Like x 1
  2. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

you mean like they use to in the past?
  3. AutoBot Rage Active Player

Let's hope that you do remove those chains that are restricting this game and take it to the next level:D
  4. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Get real and wake yall, all this means is more reaching in y'alls pockets without someone micromanaging their every move. If you for 1 moment think this means a brighter future for US as players your dead wrong. Mark my words.
    • Like x 2
  5. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I always did love your jokes
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yep. ;)

The key here is that anything *might be* possible, and there are things we can revisit and reassess. We do not suddenly have triple the developers or a time machine or anything, though. It's still just the same all of us like it was before.
    • Like x 11
  7. Proxystar #Perception

But, but Jack said!!! :(

Haha
    • Like x 8
  8. Solarbound Committed Player

What bothers me is we've seen this kind of letter before and a lot of the community's expectations weren't met. Almost as if we were given some sort of false hope. Because of such, I've personally learned to set my expectations low with the product of DCUO as a whole. Yet, a part of me remains optimistic as I truly do want to see this game flourish and evolve to a level that meets our wildest dreams for everything we'd want it to be.

One of the things I've mentioned was that 2020 has to be THE year for great change in DCUO. Having that we're starting the year with a rebranding says to me that this is another step in the right direction. And, given what was stated in the letter, all I hope to see is that this becomes a greater opportunity for creative development towards EVERY aspect of what DCUO is truly supposed to be. Allowing it to meet its greatest potential. And, maybe, this is even a chance to revamp the business model as well.

On paper, I do like what I see. I just hope the DEVS are able to truly deliver this time around. Our COMMUNITY needs it.
    • Like x 7
  9. Hraesvelg Always Right

Did you see the official Discord channel? Within minutes everyone was like "We're getting blue lantern powers!" "We should get orange ones first!" and it went to the races. People are setting themselves up to be let down.
    • Like x 8
  10. Irvynnge Loyal Player

yup. I'm just gonna pretend everything's the same.
    • Like x 2
  11. dresserball Dedicated Player

I thought the time machine was in game. Nice try Mepps
    • Like x 1
  12. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

No it hasn't. Put down the pipe and come back to reality.
    • Like x 9
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  14. LighTning Emperor Well-Known Player

i'm dead serious.
  15. myandria Item Storage

Until there is a global law that specifically prohibits all games from using loot boxes for any age of gamer, they will still be around; don't hold your breath.

Unless the devs rework the game so that artifacts aren't needed without stagnating game-play and make a profit, artifacts aren't going anywhere anytime soon; no need to get excited.
    • Like x 2
  16. Krytin Active Player

How about a power interaction with other powers. Place skill points in for certain powers to get the best reaction/chain reaction. Role or dps stance. Plus each of the old powers should get a few new powers
    • Like x 2
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

To be fair, how many of those community expectations were entirely realistic? This community has, on more than one occasion, taken comments by the devs as sworn blood oaths even when the devs explicitly say "plans are subject to change." And while it may be anecdotal, Hraesvelg's comments about the Discord channel speak to that same kind of thinking.

It's fine to be hopeful. But managing one's expectations about those hopes is something that needs to be exercised by everyone.
    • Like x 2
  18. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

All alot of us want is a new power or weapon, is this change going to bring us that or is was this big letter just to declare to us that you’ve used a name respect token?
    • Like x 1
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

It's the same people same company they're just splitting teams up to work on 3 games so the teams will basically see their efforts shine greater as a single unit vs as 1. Nothing major has changed it's still the same people.
    • Like x 1
  20. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I sort of agree with you there regarding the false hope. We have been let down over the years at times by DCUO and the Devs but I would think some of those times were the result of he higher ups and not the individual devs per se. Hopefully with Jack and the rest finally being in the actual drivers seat we will see more positives come out of these changes down the line.
    • Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.