Dimensional Ink

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dresserball Dedicated Player

This is what was said in the announcement:

"What does this mean to all our great fans? You’ll know that it’s the devs who are guiding every game decision. There’s no corporate overlord to blame; every forum, facebook, and twitter post are being read and absorbed by yours truly and the team here. "

Now what does that mean going forward? Are the money grab tactics going to stop? Are we to assume the devs are doing all this now?
  2. Jackster Developer

Daybreak is now the publisher - and Dimensional Ink is the developer. There's a balance in decision making, but the developer is empowered to guide the game.

And we're pretty darn excited!
    • Like x 8
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

It means that the buck stops with Jack. Daybreak is giving these teams enough rope...now we'll see if they can lasso a profit without hanging themselves.
    • Like x 10
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Here is hoping DC can take a turn for the better and stop having to lean so heavily on Time Capsules and Artifacts as a money maker and the overall quality of the game is what rakes in the dollars instead of Loot Boxes. Time will tell.

P.S: Here is to hoping that PVP finally gets addressed as well. One can hope.
    • Like x 7
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

Clock has been zeroed. Let's see what happens now.
    • Like x 1
  6. Belthazur Dedicated Player

How does this Effect Membership?
  7. Jackster Developer

Not at all!
    • Like x 1
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

• Like x 1
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

Alot of us are going to take this news in different ways. I'm going the route of skepticism because ive been disappointed far too many times. Hopefully this new path improves the current climate.
    • Like x 5
  10. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

So all the Daybreak worlds previously were combined, but after a crisis, those universes exploded and now they're all separate universes.

Got it.
    • Like x 11
  11. Phokus Active Player

Does this mean you will finally hire more people to fix many issues that has been plauging the game for years, and to create more content?
    • Like x 4
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Call me somwhat of a cynic, but other than a name on a piece of paper what exactly is changing? Cause it didn't really look like anything? Are there plans for membership changes? Are you planning to get rid of time capsules? Are you planning to improve the marketplace? Is there some sort of directional change for game content?

Are you going to fix PVP after years?
    • Like x 17
  13. Jackster Developer

Those are great questions. Honestly, I'm planning a livestream, so those might be good to do for those! I'll note them down. But EVERYTHING is on the table in my mind.
    • Like x 21
  14. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Since your Jotting down thoughts How about Properly Addressing the Legends Characters in LPvP hitting like paper dolls
    • Like x 1
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Membership and accounts are not impacted at all.
    • Like x 4
  16. Wildcat Committed Player

Any plans for more DC iconic characters like Captain Atom? Batman Beyond?
    Any plans for more worlds to explore?

Any plans for updating Legends PVE and PVP to make it fun to play?
    Any plans for new Legends characters? people was asking for years to get Reverse Flash/Professor Zoom in legends
    (you can make a lot of money with legends, you just need to sell them like episodes or any new option)

maybe a new power?

Thanks for all the answers :)
    Wish the best for new studio!
    • Like x 1
  17. BumblingB I got better.

Yeah, it kind of sounds to me nothing is changing and what this is about is the announcement of the new game they need to hire for.
    • Like x 5
  18. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

I have a great question with a great answer dcuo 2 for next gen. But all we need from u guys is when the beta testing will be. We know dcuo 2 has been in the works for next gen for a longtime. It's no wonder we never got any fixes or changes to PvP that's a big clue right there
  19. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

When you say "EVERYTHING" does that include new powers? Nature VFX revamp?

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  20. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Given the description of why they chose the name, I am going to assume it is a comic book videogame. I am hoping it is their own IP. Unreal Engine 3 is showing it's age in the way it was implemented in this game. A fresh start may be what they need.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.