Devs please keep map rotation how it currently is!

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Ace1, Jun 19, 2014.

1. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's already been confirmed as a bug.
  2. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Bugs are sometimes good, they prevent other insects from eating plants :)

But yeah its over, enjoy it for as long as it stays up :)
  3. SilverBullet Dedicated Player

Add more death match arenas also. I'm getting tired of always fighting players with there small armies, supply drops, sidekicks and, orbital strikes.
    • Like x 1
  4. OMGits2RAW Well-Known Player

Sonic Shouts audio has been confirmed as bugged. But you won't see them change it for the sake of keeping players happy.
  5. OMGits2RAW Well-Known Player

They already are. That's the whole point of the next pvp revamp.
    • Like x 1
  6. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

However a good chunk of the population isn't happy with this as it hurts queue times. And they're 2 very different bugs.
    Link to where you heard that bit? Not that I don't believe you, just I hadn't heard that. I do know that they are heavily considering removing home turf from arena's though.
  7. OMGits2RAW Well-Known Player

We will disallow the use of colas, buffs, trinkets, or damage consumables that are not specifically created for PvP.
    Healing colas are standard equipment so we'll make sure these are easy to get so you don't have to go broke supporting a cola habit.

In other word no HT trinkets. They were considering leaving HT mods but by the looks of it many player were asking for tweaks on those.

Thread is in the "work in progress" in "concluded" section in case you had not read it.

Pretty sure the queue times are just on PC since over here in PS I'm getting 1min queues
    • Like x 2
  8. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Right, been a while since I've read that.

Not sure how other pc players are dating with lower win/loss ratios but for me in 2v2 it quickly became 5 minute queue times.
  9. Metrioned New Player

Now they just need to put lair 1v1s and ace chemicals back in for both Legends and arenas...
  10. OMGits2RAW Well-Known Player

I haven't seen ace chemicals in a looonnnnggg time. Which is weird cause I always thought it was everyone's favorite map.
  11. TheRealDeathern New Player

OMG so sad to see it was a bug... it was weekly reset and my league and I were PVPing like crazy. The que times on USPS sever didn't seem to have issue, we even ran some of the larger maps without issue...

...now if I would just stop running into fellow league mates on the opposing teams...
  12. Lights Derp Loyal Player

I love running into league mates in the opposite team. Switch over to league chat, target your league mate and begin trash talking lol.

On topic, I wish this wasn't a glitch. There are some maps I would love to see like Old Moon, Ace Chem, Australia, safe house rescue (wink wink), and HoD. I know I'll never see the old Moon again but it was my favorite map and I'd love to see it back.
  13. TheRealDeathern New Player

Oh we did!!! :D ... It was a ton of fun having a target... once we realized we had a fellow league mate against us, the rules of the match didn't matter anymore, it became a get the traitor game!! It happened twice last night...
  14. savageprime New Player

Same concept though. A bug is a bug is a bug and there are QUITE ALOT of bugs that have been confirmed and have gone on for awhile now. Heck im still dealing with spawn time glitched in pvp now. Having to wait upwards of 30-45 secs per re spawn will literally cause you to lose a node match.

So we have here a slight bug thag will actually aid alot of people in playing, drawing traction back into pvp and allowing player progression via feats yet they have the ability to fix that ASAP while a bug such as pvp spawn timer goes on for months unaddressed and then only gets slightly fixed. Let alone the montage of bugs in legends, pve, audio, powers, etc.

I work in IT so I know not every bug is a quick simple fix but bug progression should be a continuous and ongoing thing and no bug should go unchecked for months, period.
  15. chubbychase New Player

I'm part of that population and I'm glad it's a bug.
  16. savageprime New Player

Not looking for a fight here so please dont overreact but just a legit question why would you not want access to all maps everyday? I see your PC so is it something in relation to que times?

Edit: no need to answer this I just re-read the post tou quoted. Gotcha as to why you dont like it.

In response though I feel considering we have a rather broad number of players who do legends on usps side and we have great que times. Why cant PS have access to all the maps is my question to devs?
  17. chubbychase New Player

It's due to the reason stated on Enquirer's quoted post, hence why it was quoted. And yes, it does have to do with queue times, as posted :)

I would very much like the rotation to change weekly, though. Just like raids reset weekly.
  18. savageprime New Player

Yea I corrected me post pre your response ;)
    So what chunk of the population is it you speak of if the more abundant pvp players are on PS?

So a good chunk of the smaller pvp population doesnt like all maps but I wish you could have seen the frenzy I saw on PS yesterday. Was an onslaught of people shouting in lfg, sending tells out, various leagues coming out and all. Feats getting done for many of my friends and alot more fun being had.

I understand where the PC side is coming from but how quickly we forget about PS. Different servers and such would allow PS to have more access to maps which would have Zero affect on PC gaming.
    • Like x 1
  19. chubbychase New Player

For the same reason PC can't have some of the cool animations and greater draw distance that was removed, and requested enhanced character graphics and hair and other things...standardized and unified deployment/package between PS3/PS4/PC. I wouldn't say PS is forgotten, it actually gets quite a bit of love.
  20. TheRealDeathern New Player

The frenzy he speaks of existed. My league was ecstatic we had so many options. We kept running into each other in instances, adding league members as we progressed through different maps. Eventually we had so many interested in doing PVP on a reset night, that we started scrimmaging in league against each other. We held a draft, each team selecting members until we had two groups and then it was game on...

For a primarily PVE league, this was a first... would the same interest hold true week after week if they did this? I don't think so, but this particular hiccup in maps, was certainly enjoyable last night.
    • Like x 1