Work In Progress Development Update: Episode 27 Gear and Progression

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

So what's the suggested CR you need to be to begin the new missions? My strongest one is
    174 healer/173 dps. I think I will boost it to 175, by the time the new Episode 27 comes out,
    next month.
  2. stärnbock Devoted Player

Gear and style unlocking?
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It works like a set bonus, so you need to be wearing the set of vendor/elite gear to be able to get the OP collection items to drop.
    • Like x 1
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
    • Like x 1
  5. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Do you have to wear the full set for them drop?
    Is it guaranteed to drop if full set on?
    • Like x 1
  6. YoCuro Active Player

Perfect thanks
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Don't you feel that pushes players to a specific role instead of opening it up?

I also got a question on the drop itself. Lets say I have 4 pieces of elite and 4 pieces of normal on, would it still get a chance to drop?
  8. iClip Committed Player

When SJ was walking across the bridge, sure you could see clouds and maybe mountains, but it doesn't look like your super high up like Olympus is.
    [IMG]
    This is how Olympus should look...Or this:

[IMG]
    But who knows, I may see things a bit better when I see it on test.
    • Like x 1
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Yes.
    No.
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No.
    Yes.
  11. Derio 15000 Post Club

If I were to take a wild guess it would be 168. Meaning 2 episodes back. That would give players who skipped the last 2 episodes a fair shot.
  12. light FX Steadfast Player

I was really hoping it would look similar to this also. What we saw was a bridge that didnt look very high up. We could easily see where the mountain comes out of the water. And then we go inside. And i see the zeus pic which looks like a coliseum and its open air. Ive just never seen olympus look that way. Not overly disappointed. I just thought it could of been way higher up in the sky like these pics above show.
  13. BumblingB I got better.

I feel the player who just finished his gear would be least likely to run the content in opposite role with chances of drop being removed. But I suppose that's just conjecture at this moment.
    Thank you, that is a relief to know. :)
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

This is terrible wrong ... players will get punished if they need to switch to second role if group need to compensate from a fallen mate, most will rather decide to wipe the group than to switch role if not full set in second armory imprinted !!!

This will discouraging alot of players to run as their second role and as we know most are dpsing, it will be even harder to get support roles than it is today !

i wont switch unless i have the OP collections ...LOL
    • Like x 1
  15. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

Very good point, Mepps this needs to be looked at please. Is there anyway that op collections will unlock once any role has full set of gear?
  16. spack2k Steadfast Player

there must be an inventory check and a wearing check for op collection to drop.

PS: with inventory check i mean bank included.
    • Like x 1
  17. Savior Prime Dedicated Player

Mepps... Will the Current OP gear that people have been runing and grinding for gonna have better stats still than the new vendor gear NON-OP coming out?
  18. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Since the Op collection aren't a guaranteed drop it needs to be set up that you have a chance if you have the full set of gear on or not things can happen in raids and people will need to switch roles from time to time and they shouldn't be punished for that.
    • Like x 1
  19. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

No I believe u all misunderstanding... I believe he's saying u have to have it to get it...so if u have all the
    Pieces period
    • Like x 1
  20. sepiaskidmark Committed Player

That's not how Mepps responded to me a few posts up. He said you need to be actively wearing all
    Pieces to get an op collection.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.