Work In Progress Development Update: Episode 27 Gear and Progression

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Oct 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

With the return of Larger DLC, how much will CR increase once you're fully geared with the best of the episode's gear?
  2. Winter Sabel Dedicated Player

I think it was an awesome decision IMO. The bad decision was how the elite raids are set up.
    I have played many elite alerts and paid for replay badges too. Elite raids I have played zero and spent zero on replay badges for those. TBH, I will never play the elite raids or pay for the replays for the elite raids because it is locked out until the next week. Then I have to run the regular raids again. No thank you.
    • Like x 3
  3. Harlequin Devoted Player

This. In all other MMOs I play with tiered content difficulty, the higher difficulty opens up permanently once you clear the preceding difficulty. Clear normal to access heroic. Clear heroic to access mythic. And so on. I have always dismissed the elite content design in DCUO as just another replay badge cash grab.
    • Like x 2
  4. Furling Well-Known Player

I'd suggest keeping the OP items as random, not dependent on WEARING all the vendor gear for two reasons.

1) I have 9 alts, and I level them up in both roles at the same time. I'd rather be 'sufficient' in both roles, than OP in one. Therefore, it'll be really late before I even get a shot at the OP items. Probably after the next DLC drops...

2) It's FUN to randomly get something awesome from the raids! I really like all the changes, I like having to earn all the vendor gear and that it's the best, and not having to run the same raids over and over hoping for that one piece of gear you need... BUT, I've gotten a couple of OP items (3 or 4) on all my alts... and, it's AWESOME when you get lucky enough for one to drop!

It seems like the game goes all one way or the other... can't we have the regular gear something we earn, but still have the random carrot of the OP items? Maybe that's the intent of the collections being random, but, see my point #1 then...
    • Like x 3
  5. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Are we ever going to see those base items? I am dying to see them
  6. Vicious Well-Known Player

Except that's literally how it works now. You need to clear Elite content to get Elite gear. If you can already beat the content to get the drop in the first place, you don't really need the drop.

You're outraged that they aren't prioritizing and catering to Tier 5 players that aren't supporting the game in any way? Why would AF3, a T8 DLC not be meaningless to you? You're choosing to make it meaningless by not buying the DLC and refusing to subscribe to the game.

If you've held yourself to T5, why the hell do you care about gear progression? It stands to reason that you already have the best gear available to you, and if you don't, you have all the time in the world to collect it. It's in nobody's best interest but selfish players like you for DCUO developers to be focusing on improving the quality of life for Tier 5 content. There is a literally countless amount of more pressing matters for them to focus on that will satisfy a much larger percentage of the player base and be a lot more financially rewarding to their company (and yes, it is a company, not a charity or a non-profit).
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Forgive me for not reading all the points in the thread, but I got a question for the DUO.

I understand you are thinking forward for this DLC's loot distribution to work with the #statsmatter update, but while the CR Differential still in play, the rewards for gear in things such as the duos makes it harder to achieve when gear drops at the end.

I know there is a hurry to get this DLC out before Holiday break, but #statsmatter update being after affects the overall benefit to all the thought out changes we would get from this. From the looks of it, the GU wont be out until next year, which means a couple months of same ol' same ol'. :/

I want to get behind this DLC and #bestgearonvendor, but the lack of #statsmatter kind of hurts this update's hype.

#toomanyhashtags #hashtag
  8. Alrighty Then Loyal Player

Gear drops only at the end only, are not good. Especially in Duos.
    Power begets power.
    If an Electric goes in with a Nature they can forget about getting gear, coins and progressing.

Meanwhile the 2 Ice can dps's fly through, get more gear and accelerate at an even faster pace.
    Rewarding the top burners is a VERY BAD choice.

The main reason people leave after 2nd boss is that they cue'd into a last boss situation to start,and now only need the first 2 bosses. It's not a looking for gear thing. The Marks and Coin are the draw for the last boss.
    This will only lead to more rage quitting, since the only reward is the completion, and no one is gonna carry a weak toon because the risk is all or nothing.
    • Like x 3
  9. Swiftduck Loyal Player

that is a valid concern as stats revamp hasn't dropped and all powers are far from being on par with one another.

You will definitely see a lot more power discrimination.

Devs should nip this in the bud before AFIII drops
    • Like x 3
  10. HarryHell Well-Known Player

If I understand how gear drops correctly (as im not on test):

Having solo and duo content only drop gear on last boss is a bad idea imo, (not to mention open world content not dropping gear). Solo and duo content are ideal to make your gear good enough to go onto first alerts then raids, 1 drop from each solo/duo takes to long. I'm fine with limiting purple or maybe just blue drop to last boss if gives you a greater boost than green, also fine with only getting coins of last boss in duo content.
    Origin Crisis had the right idea imo, solos gave you gear being able to take on alerts, who gave you gear being able to take on raids (combined with vendor gear). Solos in OC gave you tons of gear making you a little more ready to take on rest, thats how it should be imo.
    Now having vendor gear as the best, obtaining the lower drop gear should be a piece of cake, not a loooong grind (in my opinion).
    PS this was my last copy paste of this post to different threads :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.