Development Update: Death of Superman Part I

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by NerdOfPrey, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Superman/5vperman Level 30

I just thought of something! If you're a PSN player, I think they just did a PS+ package that included that gear, and you can send it to anyone of your characters you want (hero of villain). It might still be in the PS Store, so have a look. It's pretty cheap, iirc.

EDIT: Crap... nevermind, it's not there anymore. But that style you can get pretty early on in the game, so if your hero doesn't have it, it wouldn't take too long.
  2. Superman/5vperman Level 30

3. NerdOfPrey Creative Director

Thanks for the feedback! As for the Lobo suit, it has been highly requested over the years. Maybe not by you, but by others. And this is a massively multiplayer game -- there is a good chance somebody or even somebodies want something you do not. Every suit isn't going to be exactly the one you wanted. That being said, thank you for sharing your desires for another Superman style. It's good to know what people want!

And an extra thanks to our testers!
    • Like x 15
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

The LOBO style is awesome, looks great and TY for the hard work on the Death Of Superman. It looks sweet too.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Edit* Considering I never asked for this style. The Lobo style was a great gesture and shout out to the people that have been and just recently asked for that style. Thanks for showing that you are listening :) I think the style looks awesome on top of everything else.
  6. velvetsanity Loyal Player

And a hug to you for such an awesome and enthusiastic reply ;)

(Nope, I wasn’t one of the ones that requested a Lobo style, but now that it’s here, I’m already working on plans for using some of the pieces :D)
  7. Superman/5vperman Level 30

For my part, don't get me wrong... a Lobo style is a great idea, and it looks very good! It's just not what people were hoping for in something labeled as Superman Anniversary content. For some, it'd be like getting Adam Strange gear for Batman Day. It's not a matter of not wanting it so much as not wanting it *for this*.

Though, now that I think about it, the Fallen God set did drop in Amazon/WW content, so there is a precedent... but then that content wasn't marketed as a celebration of Wonder Woman, either.
  8. DarkAya Dedicated Player

How about Supergirl instead? :oops: Hey, we did get gorgeous Mera style after all, let's go with the flow ;)

Lobo style looks great!
    but...
    I'm pretty sure people scream so loud for another Superman style because we still don't have a clean Superman chest style with the classic emblem on it, the one that won't mysteriously disappear after 3 weeks and most players can afford it.

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I have a feeling if we get any Superman styles they will be in a time capsule sadly.
  10. Superman/5vperman Level 30

Supergirl styles would be good! There are actually a great number of Superman-family styles that could be interesting: Eradicator (with the cape that attatches to the emblem and the visor), Cyborg Superman, Superboy (either current Jon Kent or any ot the several styles the Conner Kent wore, especially the leather jacket), and a million others that are fairly Superman-related.

You're right about the chest style, though. That's a huge one.
    • Like x 1
  11. Superman/5vperman Level 30

12. The Dark Kryptonian Well-Known Player

The Lobo gear looks great and given Lobo and Superman's history I guess it works with this coming anniversary event :) Will you be adding the black markings on his eyes and mouth, also his hair styles? I hope your keeping it a secret that you've added Lobo and not just for this event ;)
    I haven't seen any mention of Superman emblems/styles yet, but hopefully your keeping that a secret too until the last moment :p 80yrs of Superman and all the other Superman/women should give us a lot, from stand alone emblems and gear with it to various versions of the emblem and gear. Like Eradicator, Supergirl, Bizarro, Cyborg Superman, Overman, Kingdom Come, Superdemon, Apokolips Superman, Red Sun and is so many more emblems and gear you could pick a few or all of them would be awesome <3

This has nothing to due with Superman's 80th but I'd love for you to add not only his emblem and style (together and apart), but Nuclearman from Superman 4 Quest for Peace :)
    [IMG]
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Less tights and more badassness, as Torgue would say. This style is great.

And thanks for the change of pants. The black jeans I've been wearing for years aren't looking so good. :)
  14. Superman/5vperman Level 30

That's one awesome piece of Nuclear Man artwork! And as goofy as it would be, he *does* still have direct Superman history. :)
    • Like x 1
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Can you atleast confirm that the lobo style will not be the only full style set that will be part of this anniversary event with out giving away any details?...

When i say full i mean pieces of gear from head to toe... or is this the style we are getting with little things added?
  16. velvetsanity Loyal Player

They *have* stated that what they’ve shown is *only* what we’re getting with part 1, and that there are more rewards coming. Beyond that, we’ll probably have to wait for the livestreams for parts 2 & 3 to see exactly *what* we’re getting in those.
  17. rimvader Well-Known Player

It's May 15 and not a peep on when this will drop.
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

They put something on Twitter yesterday, but it was just a note that it’s coming on May 16.
  19. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

NOP -I like the touch of green.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

May 16 drop date was announced weeks ago.
    • Like x 1