Work In Progress Development Update: Anniversary Event!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryHell Well-Known Player

What makes people upset, is that many in this game has the urge to complete stuff, and correct me if I'm wrong, you cant do this without using replays. I'm fine with stuff that do not contain feats not being able to be completed within the events time, making it so that if you really want that style or whatever it is, it'll cost you money, if not wait for next year. Not fine with feats costing money though.
    • Like x 4
  2. Pathosgrim Dedicated Player

Will it cost 29 RBs to replay or 87?
  3. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

The appropriate replay cost is five badges per instance.
  4. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

It should be 12 RB or lower but I think it will be 87 to reset it .
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

Mepps are the other seasonal events not free content? And u can earn all the rewards in those if u log on daily and just run it. If u are current u dont need to replay. Like the christmas event now. If u have been running it the past few years and are current u can get the 4 new styles and all the base items and finish the 2 new feats w/out replays. So why is this one different? Seriously asking why, not trying to start a thing, just looking for an explanation.

I compare it to the seasonals because they are very similar to this new event. Except for how the rewards are earned. And if u guys add new rewards to this next year, which im sure u will do, then a player cannot ever finish the rewards unless they replay. Is this the intention for this anniversary event?
    • Like x 5
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

If we were going back in time, we would have wanted to make enough rewards that there would be choices to make year after year, on all the events. We want you to be encouraged to play while the events are active, and then also look forward to their return because there are other things you want to get. The expectation that all things will be obtainable by everyone, right now, is pretty toxic and unreasonable.
    • Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

but the way the seasonals work, adding new stuff does bring people back. Plus the I want it now is encouraged with replay sales. It is as toxic.
    • Like x 9
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Haha I don't know if I'd go as far as using the word toxic lol

But you're absolutely right hence why I appreciated your decision and changed my tune a bit.

At the same time I dont want replaying top be exhorbitant but I appreciate it should occur and you're right expecting everything immediately is unreasonable.

Unfortunately the term reasonable is always subjective and ambiguous.

I'm looking forward to the event and appreciate the work that's gone into it so thanks for the extra content.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Wow!

With all due respect, calling something a gift yet having that gift demand a high amount of replay badges to complete is coming across as toxic and unreasonable to nearly every player that hears about the plan.
    • Like x 8
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No replay badges (or purchase of any kind) is required to play the content or obtain any of the rewards. Everyone has the option to pick up cool things this year, and then wait for next year and pick up even more cool things.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.