Work In Progress Development Update: Anniversary Event!

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Proxystar #Perception

Alright, I appreciate your perspective and I think you guys have done a lot of work in this event and it wasn't something I was expecting.

As long as any replaying is kept at a reasonable level of say $10-20

I think it's awesome you're doing something more substantial for the anniversary than just giving us another gift.

I know the developer are no doubt working on some kind of gift, although you'll not want to spoil it, so the people worrying about being given a "chore as a gift" are probably worried over nothing.
    • Like x 2
  2. bmce84 Loyal Player

Why does it have to acceptable that replays are now needed even for events?, it's an event that will eventually go away, not an Episode, if I play it every day from start to finish I should at least be able to finish the vendor gear, replay badges shouldn't be an option on events.
    At this point I'm scared to see another "gift", since everything seems to have a price tag now days.
    • Like x 7
  3. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

Nobody should be ok with having to spend replay badges to get all the items in an anniversary event that has been made out to be a gift for players .
    • Like x 7
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I'm never scared of a "gift" a "gift" doesn't come with strings, you might not like the gift, but it's always something for free nonetheless.

Of course that might be different if I had to power my TOM-BOT in my mainframe lol.

In terms of replaying the event, I'm not actually a fan of it, but what I was saying to Mepps is that I appreciate the developers perspective, not necessarily agree with it.

The developers have wanted to make an event that appeals to the largest audience possible there are those that want only a few items, those that want some items and those that want every single item.

For an anniversary event; this has to be an accepted strategy to some degree because it's an important celebration for everyone not just the die hard players.

Some of my judgement will have to remain reserved until I see what the feats are on the test server and I'll provide more feedback then as well.
  5. bmce84 Loyal Player

You don't need to appease die hard players, seasonal events return every year yet you can get all it's content within it's spam, this should have been the same, yet they decided to just put another replay road block. For us old players it might be nothing, but a new player will see this and wonder what the point is if I wont be able to get everything or at least most of it without spending cash so early on.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

the event isn't so much a "gift" but rather a "celebration event". I think people are looking at this the wrong way.

This is going to be a continual ongoing anniversary event, it's not a gift.

Again I'm not necessarily in agreement with the developers moreso that I appreciate that Mepps is saying that they wanted to create as many options as possible and unfortunately with more options comes the trouble of either completely trivializing it all or making a player have to replay a bit to finish.

Some of this stuff is tradeable too so there is also the option of running alts and transferring stuff to your main character.

You'll get out of this event what you're prepared to put in to it, like any other.
    • Like x 1
  7. Proxystar #Perception

Like I said too, it depends on the amount of cash. I don't see $10-20 as unreasonable, I do see $30+ on an event as unreasonable though.

There is also the option of using alts to farm things for your main as well and sacrificing them on your alts for that purpose.

There will also be trading on the broker.

There's actually, for once, not a lot hidden behind RNG here.
  8. bmce84 Loyal Player

lol no, it pretty much says it's a gift, but better than a gift.
    • Like x 1
  9. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

But you shouldn't have to put replay badges in to an event that's only up for a month to get everything especially since this is the first time this event has been up.
    • Like x 5
  10. bmce84 Loyal Player

Unless you can share the vendor gear and the Blue Lantern table, I don't see how using alts will help much, each will have to grind on their own for those items.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

strapping a horn on a horses head doesn't make it a unicorn.

The presence of the celebration is a gift, because the developers didn't have to do it. but that doesn't mean we shouldn't have to play it and just log in and get everything.

As I said too, I'm sure they have an "Actual" gift also planned.
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

I think their intention is that this event is "bigger" than the small seasonals.

Who knows I mean maybe they plan of making those bigger too; I'm not against that idea and quite frankly Mepps is right; the more options the better as long as things don't become insane.

At least in this event I'm paying for rewards from a vendor, I know what I'm getting so it's not like time capsules where i'm having to "pay for an RNG chance". I detest that; but I can't really argue with this because it gives me an opportunity to get 'exactly what I want'.

Again as long as expectations on cash input are kept reasonable, similar to a marketplace purchase.
  13. bmce84 Loyal Player

that applies to so many things in this game.
  14. Bose Well-Known Player

No update on water? It's been 18 months since it was announced, and we've yet to see anything on it, not stream, pics, teaser... nothing, Just a promise of something that has yet to be delivered on.
  15. KratTheDefiler Well-Known Player

And just like that with those prices the plan becomes clear and the majority of my excitement is drained. I'm just afraid this will be the only year this event is even going to be available to play considering the recent direction of this game.
    • Like x 3
  16. Victor99dcuo Well-Known Player

Mepps while your working on the stats revamp, its the perfect chance to balance Two things, 1 after the damage update it unbalanced the dps vs healer roles the self healing tanks even fire tanks heal far more then a healer makes pvp completely 1 sided most unkillalbe. 2 the pve on pvp gear problem, toughness used to keep it fit for player vs player, but now their almost everyone 1 shoting each other with pve even with pvp gear on it needs attention. Please look into it.
  17. Ant Tao Well-Known Player

Glad to see electricity get some love for once...
  18. HarryHell Well-Known Player

I would but i can't all I know is that i want a challenge, not sm, not elite, just something harder than the supereasy raids we were given in AF3
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We make games, and content for this game. We're launching this content for free, so the content and the playing of it is a gift. All of the rewards you can get with your playtime, also a gift. And it will be back next year, so it's the gift that keeps on giving.

If you're upset that the awesome new content you get for free and the, let's say conservatively, half of it's rewards you can pick up this year for free is not a gift because there's another shiny thing you might not get to? Well, good luck out there.
    • Like x 5
  20. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Yaa but the gift tradition usually goes that we dont have to work for the gift, like in past 5 years.

Anyway, more free gifts but no need grind to get them.
    Cheap cheap cheap is the name of my soul.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.