Test Discussion Death of Superman: Doomed Metropolis (Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsJonzz Well-Known Player

Are we going back to the fog on the edges of the map now? So annoying. Is there a reason it's used?
  2. L T Devoted Player

To those of you who completed the ambush bug mission: I salute you.

I couldn't make it past the second collection, despite using a radar enhancer.
  3. L T Devoted Player

The missions to revive friendlies and rescue civilians probably need more spawns. I found myself competing with other players to race to them, and there really weren't many players on the test server.
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

I finished the mission. I think it took me a little over an hour to finish. My impression of the mission is that it wasn't very fun. One of the problems is that while the search squares are fairly small, there is a lot of vertical territory to cover. You have to go through every building in the search area in a very methodical fashion. It helps quite a bit if your character is using Flight. It doesn't help that the comic stacks don't stand out very well.

This is one of those missions where someone is going to spend 10 minutes running through it using a guide.

I'm still not a fan of the mission rewards being mailed to you. I was expecting to receive them on mission completion.
  5. The Game Well-Known Player

Would like to know if this is being looked into.

6. L T Devoted Player

I liked the Valentine's mission. I thought the voice acting was well done and found it generally entertaining. These really don't seem to have a lot of redeeming qualities. First person to post a guide gets 4 views from me.

Yeah having some rewards get mailed and others drop is confusing. If it can't be made more consistent, maybe at least add some messaging to let us know the check is in the mail?
  7. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Hopefully this helps :)

I didn't find this one anywhere near as taxing as the Valentine's Day one. The Valentine's Day one gave me a legitimate headache, probably spurred on by the constant motion trying to find the sea horses.

I prefer this one because it changes the active mission area on the mini-map to be much smaller. The only one that gave me any trouble was Action Comics #252.
    • Like x 2
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Are you able to describe more specifically where you hit this?
  9. The Game Well-Known Player

I'll get on my dummy toon tonight to see if it happens again. I logged on this morning and was able to get my toon out of there. I don't know if the issue was fixed or not, but I did nothing on my end. I was doing the storyline missions and it was the one where you rescued civilians.
  10. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Doesn't look like it which is a bummer...
  11. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

Ah I don’t mind really, was just curious :)
  12. Shadowdragon Devoted Player

The weekly counter for Doomed Metropolis at 175 is by far the worst (in natural pace) of all open worlds that have one. After a daily run, I ended up with 12 kills (on pace for 84 after 7 days without forcing it) because half of the missions are non-combat. Even if the total was cut in half, it would still be over this pace.

I much preferred the old method for "weekly bonus" that awarded for X number of dailies (like Amazon Fury I where you got a boss fight after 15 missions/5 days). I dislike the large weekly counters because:

1) You're doing the same repetitive task for longer than the quests last

2) When groups do the whole thing in a longer sitting, they are also interfering with players just doing the dailies. If I'm doing the counter quest, I might be blowing away adds needed by someone nearby, thus griefing him and delaying his progression.

What's the goal of these missions from a traffic perspective? It keeps us in content, but I don't feel we're really playing the game. There are lots of ancillary things to do now. I don't think these are need to keep us logged on.

Aside from that, the daily routine seems to be pretty fast. I like the setup for the Doomsday fight. It feels being part of the original comic book story as he's moving across Metropolis.
  13. JackFrost Developer

Yeah, he should have audio and text. If you interact with anyone while a communicator message is playing, sadly it will stomp what that interaction would say. If you speak to him again once Oracle is done talking, he'll reiterate what he said.
  14. JackFrost Developer

I've made a change so more civilians should spawn. That should go out in the next PCTest hotfix. Thanks!
  15. JackFrost Developer

There was an issue I fixed (which should be in the next PCTest hotfix) where you'd see the same downed iconic more often the longer the server stays up. Thanks for the report!
  16. JackFrost Developer

Nah, they're laser-focused on shooting rockets at Doomsday. But a change in the next PCTest hotfix will alter their behavior so you shouldn't be able to take selfies with them if they're of the opposite faction. Thanks!
  17. JackFrost Developer

Thanks! We investigated and will have some changes to his behavior in the next PCTest hotfix. Please let us know if you see anything similar after that goes out.
  18. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, it was a little confusing. I've reworked the way these rewards are given. The mail will only contain the longbox, and the mission will grant the other rewards immediately when you complete the mission. That change will be in the next PCTest hotfix.
  19. JackFrost Developer

Yeah, Doomsday can't really be defeated here, but he can be annoyed enough to leave for a while. He'll leave on a health threshold.

I've updated the Probiotic Consumable to show in Current Effects. There was also a bug where the string incorrectly listed that it was to stay active for longer than it actually is active. It should last 3 minutes. At 2 and 1/2 minutes, the FX surrounding you will start flashing red and back to white, until at 3 minutes it should fade. The fix to the string indicating how long it lasts and so that it shows in Current Effects should be going out in the next PCTest hotfix. Thanks!
  20. JackFrost Developer

With a forthcoming PCTest hotfix, the spawn counts on rally-able STARLabs Operatives will be increased so they should be a little easier to find. Thanks for the feedback!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.