Test Discussion Death of Superman: Doomed Metropolis (Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Thank you for the information JackFrost.

How long is "for a while" supposed to be though? Sometimes you see Doomsday reappear within seconds of being repelled.
  2. JackFrost Developer

I've reworked how this mission will grant credit so more people engaged with it should get credit. That will go out with the next hotfix on PCTest. Thanks!
  3. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the report! A fix is forthcoming!
    • Like x 1
  4. JackFrost Developer

There was a minor issue there that should be fixed in the next PCTest hotfix. Thanks!
  5. JackFrost Developer

The jump pads are mostly meant to help non-flyer players get back to the mission hubs on the freeway overpass. However else people want to use them is at their discretion. A change is forthcoming so that you'll only see the jump-pad icon related to your hub, and not the opposing hub.

As I mentioned a couple moments ago in another couple of posts, Civilian and rally-able STARLabs Operatives counts have been increased in the next build that will go to PCTest. I'll keep an eye out for any reports about whether there's a problem with not-enough-LexCorp Agents to fight.

Additionally, the Spore Clouds should grant credit more plentifully soon.

Thanks for the feedback!
    • Like x 1
  6. JackFrost Developer

We've investigated the issue and haven't found the culprit yet. Are there other folks having similar issues? Any more info may be helpful.
  7. JackFrost Developer

Thanks for the feedback. You're right that the count for this may be a little high based on the daily mission requirements. I'm reducing it. Also, now all relevant enemy mobs should drop intel rather than the 85% of them that used to. These changes may or may not make the next PCTest hotfix. I'm not sure at this moment. Thanks again!
    • Like x 2
  8. JackFrost Developer

He leaves for on average ~45 seconds. We don't want players to feel the need to bounce between server shards to find him so they can complete feats, etc.
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    It is possible to move the helicopter off the overhang with a little work:

You can also move the dirt pile and health workers.

You can see Superman run by in this clip. I think that is the farthest I've ever seen him from Doomsday. You can probably use the helicopter to pin Doomsday in somewhere.
  10. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Here is another example of Doomsday getting locked into an animation:

It happened after he jumped at Superman.

I've seen Doomsday sliding down the street while locked in a pose.
  11. David Ivanenko Committed Player

I'l try to test this one later too, since it keeps happening to me during both SS and TTB. In the corridors right before each boss fight, there's a high chance the client will crash. The worst part is that the game stays on top of everything, so I can't even click on the error reporting window, I have to randomly click around the screen and press Tab and Enter until it finally hits the OK and Done buttons.
    The only other option is restarting my PC, since even the Task manager will get obstructed by the game.
    • Like x 1
  12. Charon Lead Content Designer

I've made this unmovable.

13. The Game Well-Known Player

sorry it took me so long. I tried to recreate how I got the crash and it looks like it was taken care of. I didn't do anything different on my part.

It was around the bottom right of the area around where steel spawns at. I got my main out of there of course.

EDIT: When it crashed I sent a bug report at the same time. I was stuck in a crash loop after that happened.
  14. JackFrost Developer

Understood. Thanks for the follow-up. We'll keep an eye out, and if anyone else sees anything like this feel free to chime in. Thanks!
  15. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    Ambush Bug is missing a subtitle for one of his lines:

At 7 seconds.

This is following today's patch.
  16. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Would it be possible to increase the cone on the Infection Vacuum a bit? You end up in situations like this where you can't get the spore cloud depending on your position:
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Flying around after today's patch, I feel like I'm not seeing many Doomsday Spore Clouds for the Infection Protection mission. I've been taking note of their positions and the spore clouds are fairly spread out. I'm kind of concerned how much contention there is going to be for limited spawns once this hits Live.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report/
    The LexCorp Security Agents are keeping me in combat, but not attacking:

Is that intended?
  19. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    The Bizarro group bounty spawn on the northwest side of the map is a bit problematic. It is very close to the villain spawn. If your group is flying in from other parts of the zone, they need to remember to fly under the villain spawn so they don't get bounced. It is also very easy to get bounced flying from the bounty spot back to the Hero quest giver area.

One other thing I've seen is that the Hank/Bizarro fights can be a real pain for acrobats and speedsters. Since some of the rooftop spawn areas are fairly small, Hank/Bizarro will end up primarily fighting in the air a lot. A fight may cover several vertical layers of a building or take place along the side of a building. That's ok if you have the ability to fly. It could be a pain for anyone else.
    • Like x 1
  20. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I got the opportunity to try the Steel and Superboy bounties earlier this evening and I think they are probably a little on the easy side.

I had a Tank, Healer and myself as a DPS in our group of 3 and we beat Superboy with ease. The group disbanded and a little later I found 2 people fighting Steel, so I joined in with them and again, beat him with ease. No idea what roles those 2 guys were, except one who was healing.

Personally, I thought it was a little bit too easy, especially for a Weekly mission that awards 8 Tribute.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.