Test Discussion Death of Superman: Doomed Metropolis (Open World)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by JackFrost, Apr 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hraesvelg Always Right

Yeah, turns out he mails them to you. Even though it looks like every other quest in the game.
    • Like x 1
  2. Penryn The Gadgeteer

That is certainly confusing.

Thanks for the update.
    • Like x 1
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Where did you find him. I looked all over
  4. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Across the street from Hank.

Here is a map view of Ambush Bug's location:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question/Feedback
    What is the "Victory Condition" for repelling Doomsday? From what I can tell, Doomsday flees when he gets to ~90% health. Is the Victory Condition based on his health bar or total damage inflicted?

The probiotic consumable can use better messaging. It doesn't show up under Current Effects and you're never quite sure how long your current consumable is going to be active. It is pretty easy to needlessly burn through a lot of consumables if you aren't careful.
    • Like x 1
  6. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    If I sort my Mission Journal by "Priority," Doomed Metropolis missions are always listed under "Events":
    [IMG]

Is that intended? I was figuring it would appear under "Miscellaneous."
  7. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Bug Report
    It is possible to end up with a weapon stance bug:
    [IMG]

Here is how you reproduce it:
    1. Equip the Containment Unit.
    2. Activate Central City transformation trinket
    3. Wait for Central City form to expire
    4. Fire weapon
    • Like x 1
  8. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    Trying to do the Infection Protection mission isn't much fun if there are a bunch of other people doing it. If seems that if several people attack a specific Spore Cloud, only one gets credit. That has lead to a bunch of yelling in Shout chat. I can see that being an issue on Live.
    • Like x 1
  9. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Feedback
    In regards to the "A Helping Hand" mission, it just doesn't feel like there are many defeated S.T.A.R. Labs Operatives spawns on the map. That leads to a lot of roaming around looking. If you go by the radar, the "white icons" you're looking for are also shared by Jump Pads and Iconic Bounties.

I'd like to see more spawns for this mission and for the Civilians. The lack of spawns maybe an issue if the zone is full.
    • Like x 1
  10. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I think that might be because there aren't many Villains out testing. I've noticed that my objective is the opposite (revive Lexcorp staff) and that when I defeat S.T.A.R. Labs Operatives, they remain on the ground, awaiting revival.
  11. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bug: Able to Heal the Bounty
    As a villain, I just watched a group fight the Hank Henshaw bounty and I was able to Heal him with both my Supply drop and Abilities (tested Water's "Solace of the Sea")

I was also able to heal Bizzaro using the Infection Containment Unit gun's healing ability
    • Like x 1
  12. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I’m curious, does one earn marks of victory for finishing the missions here? :)
  13. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

Bug: Misaligned Teleporter

At the Villains mission hub, the prop which is supposed to represent the teleporter is misaligned with the actual teleporter effect:

[IMG]
  14. Shark Dental Devoted Player

I probably wouldn't rely 100% on villains to provide sufficient numbers for heroes though, lol. But nice catch.
    • Like x 1
  15. inferno Loyal Player

Not necessarily just about this content but I realized why sometimes its difficult to get into gameplay; is the lack of environmental impact: visually and audio. I would have loved it if the vehicles that get into Doomsday's way was thrown into the air with a whistling sound falling around Metropolis causing damage when it impacts a toon. I do like the car alarm sounds added on, I think the inclusion of those made me realize what was lacking. The city is just too clean right now. When Doomsday appears there should be sonic boom and rattling going on.

Same thing in the Typhon's monster invasion map; as good as the rain in there, some thunder, lightning and gusts of winds would have been cool.

Anyway, these additions may not be possible nor cheap but I think it would help the intensity of the situation and the immersion in gameplay.
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Haven't noticed any issue so far.

The only issue really is trying to get a group to fight Doomsday or the Bounties. :(

We tried Doomday with a group of 3..... but we could not do enough damage to the EVILLLLL Doomsday. :(
  17. Penryn The Gadgeteer

This is very close to what I was thinking while flying around the new zone.

You hear the sirens from police cars and and occasional thunder-type sound effect from the Doomsday battle. That is all good, but everything is too clean:
    • You'd expect a Doomsday impact crater to be much larger and deeper. There should be dirt and destroyed windows on the surrounding buildings.
    • The Doomsday spore clouds should be killing the grass and nearby plant life. Everything remains perfectly green.
    • An epic Doomsday fight should involve lots of collateral destruction. Buildings and windows are made of indestructium.
    • You'd expect to see downed light poles and lots of fires in the wake of the battle. You don't get that though.
    • In general, the air quality should be very dirty due to the spore clouds dispersing and dirt/rubble from the battle.
    • You would think that S.T.A.R. Labs would be calling in its really heavy equipment to try to help take down Doomsday. Instead, we get the usual NPCs with rifles and the small mechsuits.
    • There are still cars driving around within close proximity to the battle. Shouldn't the Justice League and police be helping to close off the scene?
    • Whenever Doomsday appears, there should be more intense audio and visual effects to convey his landing. As is, it doesn't seem to be a big deal when he appears. You just get a zone-wide message.
    Metrpolis should look like a cratered battlefield, but it looks like it always does.
  18. Penryn The Gadgeteer

Question
    Once you complete the Ambush Bug mission, there is no further dialog for interacting with him:

Is that intended? I was at least expecting to hear a random joke or an exhortation to purchase Superman comics.
  19. Torikumu 10000 Post Club

I've ran the missions enough now to offer up some feedback.

Annoying Blimps and the Jump Pads
    The jump pads that are sporadically dotted around the map show up on the mini-map. This can be annoying when doing missions as it misleads you into thinking there is an objective there. I'd personally like to see the dots disabled.

[IMG]

Also, are the jump pads working correctly? They don't seem to do anything special, for me, other than fire me into the nearest wall. I was thinking maybe they'd propel you across the map to the area where Doomsday spawns, or the one featured in the video would fire you into the Villains mission hub.

NPC Population
    I think I agree with Penryn when he earlier suggested an increase to the Lexcorp NPCs. I think all NPCs and objectives need a slight boost.

Even though certain objectives depend on the other faction creating the objective, I think when this goes live and more people start playing, there could be potential issues regarding objective availability.

I wouldn't mind seeing more Spore Clouds dotted around the entire map, too. Especially because the device used to collect the clouds expires fairly quickly and most of the objectives are located at the far end of the map. I've often lost the device and had to go all the way back to the hub just to grab it again. It makes that mission more of a chore than the others.
  20. The Game Well-Known Player

Theres a part of the open world thats bugged to the point of constant crashing. I wish I could tell you exactly where but now I can't log in cause im experiencing constant crashes since my toon is there.

EDIT: I went on my electric toon, the crash is happening on the bottom right of the area
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.