Dear Jack Emmert - You Answered my Question, Here's my Response "Perception".

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lukelucky Devoted Player

Best post ever proxy. Way to knock it out of the park
    • Like x 6
  2. same Johnny Dedicated Player

I miss having the determination of creating these long posts. I have quite a few under my belt, but, back then, it was mostly about offering feedback and trying to make suggestions that could be useful to the game. Most of them were about Controller role or Quantum.

That passion is over for me. And though your post doesn't seem to be triggered by passion for the game as is, it still shows you are trying to stir the pot in the right direction.

That passionate player I was says thank you.
    • Like x 5
  3. Belthazur Dedicated Player

I have said it a few times now and Fear this is where thins are going. They are Tired of this game. Hiding behind Words and Legality (which I never asked for exact numbers)
    They ARE Blatantly Milking Every Dime out of this game b4 Just pulling the Plug No Warning Just So long thanks for all Your Bucks.
    • Like x 3
  4. bmce84 Loyal Player

1- Stop saying it's only cosmetic items, TC mods and gear aren't just cosmetic items, styles are cosmetic items, trinket reskins are cosmetic items, what the TC have are mods and gear, not just some cosmetic item.

2- Earning stabilizers in game wont help you at all, in no possible way, the drops are just too bad for the one key a week or every 3 days to even matter. And don't tell me you can save the key because it would take years to come close to be where a player who bought 100 keys is right now. here's an advice just remove the event and make keys a MP only item, because the TC are not meant for free or premium players.

3- You compare our version of an RNG to those of the games, but tell me how many of those boxes give you actual gear, mods and feats, and it's not just some 10pts feat, but entire SP in each TC, the team may have experience implementing the RNG box in other games, however the nature of extreme RNG that has always plagued this game has set our box apart as just a scam. I know you don't like it when we say they are such, but they aren't just some RNG box like the ones you find on other games either as this are gameplay items you can buy which is something the other games don't do.

4- The broker is the full picture as to how the TC are working, because not only is Phoenix material a super rare item but with feats attached it's an item we need in the game, this is how you guys made the TC into a scam, by adding items disguised as cosmetic but hiding a feat that it should have never had. But then you add a collection, a 12 piece collection for the materials and the auras (btw really, the auras also needed to have feats???) and you can't really see what's wrong with that picture, well tell me which RNG box of the other games has a 12 piece collection for 1 item instead of just giving you the item without making you spend cash over and over, just to get nothing by the time the capsule is gone.

7 months, for 7 months we had the TC and right as Amazon came along we told you about the issues, remember how the first TC you guys said the gear wouldn't be higher than anything on the highest tier?, how did it go from that to "raise your CR without actually running content". Unless the next TC have some changes you guys are just confirming what we've been saying all along, that the TC are just a quick money tool made with the sole purpose to milk the players as much as possible, regardless of how the feel simply because the few players that buy them spend enough to make us happy.

Oh and one last, since you like to compare our RNG box to other games, how about we also compare their Marketplaces to ours too.
    • Like x 21
  5. Nemesir Well-Known Player

Thanks for this Proxy, you nailed it on the point and we support you on this. Sadly this game has now become a battlefield: Devs/DBG vs Players/DCUO Community.
    • Like x 6
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

If they did publish the drop rates of the rare items then how would your view on this change? Lets say they published the rates and the ultra rare items had a drop rate of .01%. How would u view it? What would your opinion be?

I also see what your saying as being technically right. But we all see whats going on. When people are spending hundreds of dollars on keys and they arent getting any rare collections and the broker prices are though the roof then the reality is those items have a very low drop rate and the prices are so high because the items are extremely hard to get. Whether the drop rate is 1% or 5% right now what we see happening ingame is the reality of the situation.

I just added it up. There are 67 items in the latest TC. And that is counting the head mods as 1 with the head mod box. So if u wanted to get everything it requires a minimum of $67 dollars and u would have to be the luckiest SoB on the planet to get no duplicates.
    • Like x 3
  7. lukelucky Devoted Player

Correct. A slight of words to calm the crowds but ultimately the end results are the same
    • Like x 2
  8. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

"Perception"

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  9. Korvyne Committed Player

+1mil times
    Logged in to say exactly this, you said it better.
    • Like x 1
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

all this is well and good but i still have two characters that would love to have the void material, one character that would love the phoenix material and one character that would love the citrine aura.

in order for me to obtain these items I'm going to need about 500 million in game cash or an undisclosed amount of real cash to try and get them from the time capsules. currently the only items in game that can help me attain that amount are the same items i need. So far since the cosmic material was introduced and on our three time capsules i've spent much more than i care to or should have but i did it for the reasons of really loving my characters and wanting to support the game.

there has to be a better way than this. other mmos with extensive and expensive marketplaces have content to support their cost. we've gotten very little since the shift away from monthly content these past 8 months.

i really want to support the game but i just can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars every few months like this.
    • Like x 9
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

WRONG and i am beyond sick of this misconception.

Luck based rewards sends customers out the door unsatisfied which leads to former customers. If you been here long enough you see the devastation it has done to dcuo.

The very best customer dcuo can get is a subscriber who retains a sub for years and also spends extra money. If you don't understand that well don't respond to my post because it ain't worth it.

Luck based rewards drives these players away. Every single time a legendary player leaves they are forced to up sales atleast $120. That loss has to be compensated. Since we now have a small population in comparison to four packed servers I would say we lost alot. Yes we see so many left over luck based rewards.

Four packed servers in comparison to what we now have. We are not making more money.

Take the of nimbus. How many ice tons today were here when it dropped? How many players were not here? Ice is a top tier power so many use. That's an easy $5 lore to every customer. Xbox was never given the chance to buy it. Millions of customers never getting an option to spend money on certain items.

Dcuo has lost way mote then it will ever gain off the awful tactic. Add in how sick we are to this and well its very bad.
    • Like x 2
  12. lukelucky Devoted Player

This is a great post
    • Like x 3
  13. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Stealing your SIG
  14. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Well If this doesnt Bring about Severe change SOON and no im not kidding. People like Me (dont get me wrong I have no life and love this game) will leave and NEVER return. Im being as kind and Diplomatic as i can without being banned. But when will the Voices of Those who PAY & Play be taken Seriously.[/COLOR]
    • Like x 4
  15. DarkAya Dedicated Player

I hope we'll see some change with the next round of TC, won't we? Right now, some people spend over 100$ trying to get a single rare cosmetic item which is 5x Batman Cowl price, that's not how it should work. Even if they get some quite valuable items to sale, it's still not enough to trade/purchase on the broker the one they really desire.
    I suggest adding an 'extra' currency obtainable from Time Capsules only (1 currency per 1 stabilizer/opened capsule) and put those rare TC items in the Marketplace available for that 'Time Capsule' currency. People who spend over 30-100 $ could get what they want and you would get your money.
    I'm aware the prices would be higher than usual MP ones but at least they know that after purchasing X amount of stabilizers they get what they want.
    • Like x 1
  16. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Best comment thread ever here...
    And also when ol I'm stuck in 1940 looking jackster stated abt the 99¢...he's talking abt the 1 single stablizer to the 20 stabilizer pack...so in terms he's saying the drop rate increase by more stabilizer u have in which meaning the more money u spend on packs....so let's say u spend 40$ on 3 packs ur chance went up...

Don't argue with me on this bcuz that's actually a fact going to the p2w tag...I am guilty of giving dcuo tons of cash this past week 150$ spent most of Tht on stabilizers and guess what my drop rate went through the roof...I got 3 winning lottery tickets and Tht scar collection and the phoenix flaming feather ssooo wat jack stated in the stream abt getting your 99¢ worth and those who are in my case $150 worth well actually it was more then Tht for me...I kW I kW but my drop rate increased...so proxy is spot on and there is no wrg perception unless u truly don't believe in the p2w tag this game has now...and everything I stated abt spending my hard on money is true...
  17. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

I'm guilty of Tht I gave them to much in SME ppl eyes on a gamble...but tbh its p2w bcuz my chances increased A LOT...AFTER
  18. light FX Steadfast Player

And like its been said over and over, there will always be a group of people who will spend money on them regardless of what anyone says or does. There is a group of players with a large amount of disposable income who simply want to buy whatever they can or buy the best stuff instead of earning it ingame. Most times these people are the "whales." So people not spending money on them is not a very simple alternative. Somehow u would have to find and convince those players to stop spending. Good luck with that :p
    • Like x 2
  19. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Tht sir wld be me...I was eagerd and I also wanted to test the p2w tag and I got the answer I was looking for when I spend A LOT of cash most if and wld have did with this system...

And Tht answer was all who say this is a money scam a p2w system. You are are right....Bcuz the more I spent my drop rate became from getting nothing to getting SME of the best...
  20. MrChiCity0884 Well-Known Player

Also to add to my post if they do the idea of an aura I gave them...I hope its not ultra rare where the idea man don't get it...lol
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.