Dear Jack Emmert - You Answered my Question, Here's my Response "Perception".

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Proxystar, Jan 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harlequin Devoted Player

The best we can hope for is for there to only be whales left. Without other players as content, the whales will also leave.
    • Like x 2
  2. Ringz Dedicated Player

How is it wrong? Have you not heard the stories/threads of people saying they spent over 400 bucks on these TCs then complain about how they didn't get what they want? Keyword "400 bucks". People are falling for this crap and tries to complain to justify how much this thing is a rip off. Its too late, You Lost! We can complain all we want, but as long as people are buying into these things our words don't mean scrap.

They probably did a experiment test with the Harley DC costume, remember that. Probably the last full style set we saw they added to the marketplace, and it was a MUY GOOD style. Now vs that against adding a full set style in a rng boxes. 1 dollar for key to open a rng box for a style vs 8 bucks for the guaranteed full style set. Who do you think won? Cause with the continuation of these TCs I can only imagine.

Now take away, I hope people are leaving and speaking with their wallets against these TCs because I dislike them for where the game is currently atm. Especially the influence they're going to have that inflicted with the game combat changes. But overall they're making a killing, and if its at the cost of players. Im sure DBG are smart enough to calculate how much money they can make before their "contract" expires.
    • Like x 4
  3. Leet Active Player

In before game closing...i mean forum closing. :D
    • Like x 2
  4. Kalancarra Level 30

"Perception", misplaced or not, is a very important thing to a company and shouldn't be taken lightly. If the general 'perception' is that your product or company is garbage, that's something that needs to be addressed ASAP if you want to continue being in business.

Insulting the consumers' intelligence doesn't tend to be a successful way of addressing this.
    • Like x 9
  5. Beauwight Well-Known Player

I can't say this with absolute certainty, but I like to think that I at least have the potential to come from the view of a more average player than a lot of folks here on the forums.

Assuming that the existence of the TCs or the connection of feats to them is not a major issue (which I think is true more generally than reflected on here), these two things are the biggest concerns that players need to have resolved sooner rather than later.

Most players like myself knew that we'd just never get the rare collections. It wasn't even in the realm of possibility. The same was true for the other capsules as well. So the odds being better for the rare items might give us at least a glimmer of hope that we might get the shiny material or aura.

The second is the biggest issue, by far. The only hope that the little people had of getting the rare and expensive items is through the broker. We used to have the hope of farming exobytes or collections to sell on the broker to accumulate the in-game cash to buy something special. With exobytes in every time capsule, the players we used to buy from are flooding the broker with their excess exobytes making for a new level of hopeless scenario. I know that the broker's prices can't always be conclusive, when the price of 16 blue exoBYTES is less than the price of 16 blue exoBITS, there's a problem.

I've read in a couple of place that DBG is wanting to make sure that we get our $1 worth from each time capsule. As things with the exobytes are now, each time capsule opened is worth less than the one before. The excitement that I did have for the time capsules is waning because their worth is quickly and progressively less.

How much less? Per dollar, I think you could make an easy argument that it's a better value to purchase a guaranteed amount of in-game cash from a gold seller than the current odds on the time capsules. (I'm not advocating that anyone should, of course, but the point remains valid.)
    • Like x 2
  6. Belthazur Dedicated Player

Well if it helps at all Jackster did spill that they Have the License till 2018..So Yes..The End is Nigh
    • Like x 3
  7. marsologe New Player

Thanks Proxy, you said everything.
    I wish I could use a Time Capsule to go back in time, where we never had these RNG boxes.
    Why is so hard to put cosmetics in the Marketplace?
    • Like x 3
  8. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

The desirability is SOLELY up to you guys. Honestly regardless of even the item being tacky it will look good to someone's eyes.
    And don't you have threads like "what styles you would like to see in-game"? Answers are right there, make em, drop em in the marketplace instead of "oh we don't know how good this will sell, let's drop it in TCs to find out the sales". Not really sure why there's something holding you back from dropping styles on the Marketplace really. Let the product sell itself, if people like it, they'll buy it.

With the Phoenix material you've kind of took advantage of that being you probably knew the desirability of it.
    • Like x 7
  9. lukelucky Devoted Player

Luck based became a huge issue in the origin crisis dlc. That way may 2013. That is just about 3 years.

So cheapest three year subscriber is $360 and most expensively is $540.

Its safe to assume some percent of legendary players spend additional money. So the numbers are actually higher.

How many players spend $400 or even $100 AND how long will they continue to do so? This does not last. I am sure a few players maybe a percent or even five percent might spend big and keep spending big. (Guilty of that myself on every marketplace item I like, power changes way to often and so forth.) I admit a few defy the odds but the majority have buyers remorse or simply will not spend that much on a game for any extended amount of time.

We had packed servers. No cross play needed. Requested but the Dev's dismissed it. Now we NEED cross play just to survive.

That means we lost a large portion of players. Sure there are other factors but the effects of luck based rewards and these gimmicks are abundantly clear. From best gear as drops to milk replays to time capsules and booster bundles. Players are driven away by this tactics.

There is no way we can cover the loss this generates.

Simple formula. Every lost sub sales must go up $120 a year or more or they lose money. Less players but sales must increase is not a successful way to make noney
    • Like x 1
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Im still waiting for mepps to trade me a phoenix mat for my flask of lethe water. :rolleyes:

and you cant even trade a corrupt aura for either a void essence, or void mat. So much for desirability of specific items and able to trade them. (DBG says/said that in a nonchalant manner, or maybe it was perceived wrong.) Damn that perception.
    • Like x 2
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

A. I'd say it's nice to have extra info, but personally whether or not I actually want the rare item/collection piece that leads to the rare item factors into things more. If it was something I wanted, even if I knew the odds I'd still probably follow the same pattern I took when it came to the Phoenix Feather in the Amazon capsules: check the broker for deals regularly, sell off other stuff and save up cash on a character if the deals aren't showing, and see if the luck gods smile on me in a capsule. And if I don't manage to get it, I move on.

2. I won't say that's not a possibility, but I can't say it's the only possibility. Between all the folks that have shown off their new character looks using things like the Void or Phoenix materials in the Costume Contest thread (which we've both contributed to) and the number of players that I run across in the game showing off those same materials on their characters, the point Mepps made about players consuming it holds weight as well.
  12. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

The broker is literally a pure free market. What value of items is on the broker is, by definition, the value of the item in game money at that time.

There is no more basic concept in economics. Denying the validity of a free market with no externalities is simply risible. Hilarious.
    • Like x 5
  13. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Richard Nixon didn't find price caps a good solution.
    • Like x 2
  14. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]
  15. Controller Devoted Player

While I'd love to get my hands on one of these rare auras or materials I'm in no ways intending on quitting this game because of it.

I'm at a good place in this game SP-wise and TBH I'm happy with my Energy Armor Elite style anyway. I'd more than likely sell one of these rare items on the Broker before I equipped it.

I can't say that RNG has abandoned me, either - I got my SIXTH OP ring from A&B last Sunday helping some newly-minted 100s.

I'm more concerned on these reports on #statsmatter and how - supposedly - the game could be fundamentally changed.
  16. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

Nailed it on the head and I think this will be one of the best posts ever this year.

I look at the dev team now just as bad as the people scamming in game money cept they're scamming us for real money.

I look at those type of people as low lifes.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

All I can do is just laugh, this perception bull has gone on for 3 years and they've finally lost me. It's just really disappointing.
    • Like x 6
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Hi Mepps,

I was going to post a further reply, but quite honestly I think we've probably got what we wanted from this discussion as it presently stands.

There's more we can discuss about the time capsules and I think as they continue to evolve we certainly will revisit this topic.

For now however, I will acknowledge that the development team have agreed to look at it and I'll give you the opportunity to put in place some changes in the name of fairness.

I think it is reasonable to allow you the opportunity to do so. I will be watching with keen interest when the next iteration of time capsules are released to see what eventuates or whether the experience from these last two remains.

I think the most critical thing to implement as soon as possible is some form of redundancy system, either a "limit" on how many capsules it might take before you get some sort of rare item or a "store" as Jack mentioned that allows a player to outright purchase the rare items.

I want to say in the conclusion to my response that I appreciate the fact Jack fronted up to the Q&A session yesterday and it showed he has the courage to front up, speak to the community about the product and game he's leading and answer questions and look for feedback.

It's something a number of CEO's sometimes don't do is interact directly with the customers they're trying to engage with and I offer thanks to him for doing so and also thank you for taking the time, I assume on his behalf, to offer a response.
    • Like x 13
  19. lukelucky Devoted Player

They got it **** backwards. You try and get as much per customer to play.
    Exp. Subscription or premiums paying close to $80 a year. Dcuo allows premiums tobskate by at $40 per year. HUGE REVENUE LOSS

Micro transactions you don't go for high prices. You go for high volume sales on cheap items. Great cheap deals EVERYONE wants. Batman helm. $7 regular styles $3 to $5.
    Base lairs $5 or 3 for $10
    Base skins $3 or 4 for $10

There is so much in the game which could be on the market place

There is so much on the market place OVER PRICED its simply sad.

You sound frustrated no? That's what their "makes so much money" horse crap tactics does to so many players. People respond by not spending or even quitting. I know its wore me out and after jacks response I went to log in and was on NBA 2k instead.

SATISFIED CUSTOMERS. dcuo better learn this quick
    • Like x 4
  20. Nuclear Winter Well-Known Player

This. ^
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.