Dear Devs..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BipolarDiva, May 12, 2016.

1. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Holding back isn't always fun for me, either. I spent an hour in STAR Labs Research Facility Tier 2 Alert yesterday because we had players who didn't know how to do damage, and they also didn't know how to get the 7 consoles along the corridor. At one point, I was tanking against 20-30 Brainiac enemies wearing CR 43 tank gear.
    • Like x 3
  2. Controller Devoted Player

Man that is some SERIOUS dedication....1000+ likes to you.
    • Like x 3
  3. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

At least wearing lower gear, I don't get abused for not doing enough damage. I have been kicked for tanking in the HIVE base alert because the players started all four consoles without taking down the adds that spawn with each console before Captain Buzzzcutt. We had 12 security drones, four guardians, Captain Buzzzcutt, and his Dive Bombers to contend with. Somehow that was my fault as the tank. :eek:
    • Like x 2
  4. Controller Devoted Player

The sad thing is that some of these players will reach end game and hit brick walls in BN, BD, etc, etc....

Lower end content can help players with mechanics early on if they try and learn.
    • Like x 2
  5. Gimpy Loyal Player

I apologize for making it look like I meant you had said you were opposed. I just meant people in general

Well the game doesn't have the population it had I agree but it shouldn't have that much of an impact over the wait for Q as it stands now.

Personally I still think adding Walk Ins (with certain group restrictions to limit carrying or power leveling) back into the game would be better served to fix this.

As for the bugs,,,,,,

they will fix the bugs after Electric has it's final power balancing pass and that will be,

Soon.
    • Like x 1
  6. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

The number one place where the devs lost players was in the ship. That is why they changed it. If you look at from a designed standpoint and everything they do, it is about revenue. What will generate the most revenue for DBG. They have to consider time and cost and what those items will generate. If the cost of the items exceed the possible revenue than we will never see it. The monthly content was designed for a few reason. Increase long term subscriptions and increase other small MP item (TRK, RB, etc). I would state that the monthly content is working as intended.

The thing is though, was it worth it long term?
    • Like x 2
  7. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

No. It isn't.
    • Like x 2
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Ya walk in are the way to go because I refuse to spend 70 marks on a style..
    • Like x 3
  9. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

Are you serious? My cat could have made it off of that ship... You are correct though that it is in fact a business and its main goal is revenue. That being said as a small business owner/operator myself I can tell you that customer satisfaction should be a major priority of any business large or small. Without a satisfied customer base and a quality product you will have greatly diminished revenue.

Although I respect your right to have an opinion what has caused more people to leave, other than their struggles with the Brainiac ship (lol), is the fact that the developers of this game continue to push it in directions that it's paying customer base flat out tell them that they do not want it to go. Couple that with the glitchy recycled mundane content of late and their lackadaisical efforts to fix that and all the other in game bugs/issues, I honestly don't know if I would call this game quality product anymore.

Imo most people have left the game because they no longer have enough fun with it to justify a subscription. On top of that they feel ignored when their suggestions on how to once again make this game a quality experience seem to fall upon the deaf ears of the powers that be who only respond to the sound of the almighty $. People will continue to leave until that changes.

TL;DR: People have left because game quality has taken a back seat to generating revenue and they they feel ignored and neglected.

(That is just my opinion though.)
    • Like x 4
  10. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

Salty... Well said
  11. Backseid Devoted Player

12. mexmex Dedicated Player

If by intended, you mean DBG pockets, I am not sure if more people are subbing or un-subbing at this point, for a lot of people I have talked to, this monthly thing has lost the value of membership and are dropping the membership monthly and they expect to pay instead 1 after four months, so they donĀ“t fall behind and still get to play with lower cost.

I think this pace will hurt the game in the long term, the playerbase can only handle up until certain point, people already getting tired of not having much to do after running the two pieces, especially during the raids month.

Im playing alts, that keeps me entertained from time to time, that is how I fill the gaps after beating a raid since I dont replay anything at all, but people without alt or just a few of them really dont have a reason to keep logging on a daily basis. If all this was intended well then you are right, monthly content is working as inteded
    • Like x 1
  13. mexmex Dedicated Player

You right, sometimes I think they already give up, with the PS4/PC community and saw it is a lost cause at this point, so they release the game to the XBOX so they dont loose their income, over there the game can easily have several years of profit before they get to the point where we are
    • Like x 1
  14. LT Schmitt Committed Player

***NEWS FLASH***
    The month content is only breaking up the quarterly releases, you get the same content. Now if you choose to only run the new release of the month than you are at fault. Each week you have 4 duo's 2 solo 2 alerts 2 elite alerts 4 raids and 2 elite raids, and lets not forget you can run old content as well. So tell me again how you don't have much to do after running two pieces.
  15. mexmex Dedicated Player

I usually get the feat fast, and by the time the next month content is released I`m already done with the previous month.
    Im not bragging or anything, let me give you a fact, in this BBS month day one of release content, I got the raid feats all of them in two runs first day, run the duo 3 times and finished all the feats too in day one.
    So, in one day I did all the content, why would I keep running those instances if there is nothing else I need from there, gear maybe? as I said I won`t replay, marks? for what I don`t need them either, I bought everything I needed, revisit old content sure from time to time to help a friend or leaguemate, but no because I need something from there either, as 5 years old player have most of the feats already and the ones I dont (gather 25000 times) will come in time if ever.
    Especially since all content is design to be done fast, so maybe they can sell more RB, if we had a piece of a challenge as it seems the next raid, well that might keep us more entertained

So yea that is how this monthly content is for a lot of players in my situation.

I get there is a lot of people who might have a year or less, that need lots of feats, and good for them to have something to persue, besides the end content but there are lots of players in my situation too. And those players are the ones that are mad about the state of the game.

When we had 3 months cycle, we have dailies, open world, more bounties, beside the duo, solo, alert or raids.
    So we keep bussy ourselves a little bit more than we do now.
    Agree with you the amount of content might seems the same, I get it, but It feels way to different, before you could run any piece you wanted any day, and there were feats, gear or even marks to get. but with this pace. by the time the next month is released you already burn out of running the last month content. so you wont run it anymore especially if there is nothing in there to progress your character
    • Like x 1
  16. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

This just in!!

2 pieces for progression.
    • Like x 1
  17. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

This^
    • Like x 1
  18. KlausKilowatt Committed Player

My apologies if it came of too salty as that was not my intent, nor was I trying to bark at Bengals for sharing his concern.
  19. LT Schmitt Committed Player

You must have been lucky with your drops, mines not I still looking for the back and waist on most of my toons and that would love to see a 146 weapon box on at lease one toon.
    • Like x 1
  20. mexmex Dedicated Player

So sorry that you are hangin the cape, cant blame you for that, hope you can still hit the forums from time to time, even thoug you BYE BYE THREAD WAS REMOVE, dont know why they did it, since there has been a lot of farewell threads, and there wasnt anything wrong with yours, but well, so long, hope you keep liking my comments
    • Like x 1