Dear Devs..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BipolarDiva, May 12, 2016.

1. majosea Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. biroid New Player

In pso2 you can limit level of the party members if are formed randomly, here i need to play with people who dont respect others.
    • Like x 2
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I remember UM at tier, that was a decent challenge, but today players are going back and beating content well above tier without learning mechanics. Such as when I was in there the DPS kept using their power after Trigon pulled us in and keep stating why are we wiping, this is easy.

I would get on the mic and explain it to nice and clear that he killed the group, we all could see it in our combat log. He got all mad and started a vote to kick me in almost a full league run. Yeah that was mistake buddy. Kicked him and got a decent DPS that knew what to do.

PHEW PHEW is all he knew. Instead of taking time to learn mechanics and gaining skill as a player he wanted better burn. Better burn is not always the way and stat or CR clamping content will help players learn mechanics and learn that PHEW PHEW PHEW is not always the best method for content.

As I pointed out in my own thread about content clamping, clamp on the gear stats and not our mods or SP. This way, we still get some benefits from our grinding in the game.
    • Like x 2
  4. light FX Steadfast Player

I find it hilarious u asked for walk ins and some immediately start with the stat clamp stuff. It tells me and shows me what those people really want. The only way im ever ok with stat clamping is if there are walk ins for everything. Ive even seen some say in the past clamp it all w/out walk ins. Some need to find that filter between brain and mouth :cool:
    • Like x 3
  5. light FX Steadfast Player

There was a thing awhile back where mepps stated they changed some things to make it easier to get to end game to "play with your friends." I forget what the changes were but 100% they promote getting to end game asap. But im positive there are other reasons its done ;)
    • Like x 1
  6. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

Since so many of my toons can't earn marks, I am leveling some alts. Qued into Dox, and only one guy was over 113 and he didn't go all out...it was so nice. We decided early to do tunnels, and played well as a team. It was so much more fun as opposed looking for briefings while someone runs way ahead.
  7. Astral Lantern Well-Known Player

Are you agreeing with the little voice in your head??.....because no one said anything about clamping.....get a clue....learn to read.

Totally agree Diva.....portals are needed.....but they are more interested in kissing Xbone players butts than fix our game that they broke....REALLY wish they would not have the Xbox crap on my PC loader...what do i care how screwed up the Xbox servers are??....whens the last time you saw a PC/PS3-4 update on your loader?...They ignore the Issues they put on our servers..... and then force us to look at all the Xbox updates on our PC/PS loaders. A constant in your face reminder of being put on the back burner. Clueless in Dallas again it seems.

DBG really screwed the pooch with the Xbone release as well....no way they should have allowed that breakneck speed to end game....just goes to continue to show their utter lack of fore sight......a true gaming company would be doing this better........but an investment firm....ya...like they care...lmao.

Sadly...the only way portals will make it into the game for all content....is if they can make a profit from it.
    • Like x 3
  8. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

yes and no.

gotta consider yourself lucky you get all the feats out of content when its relevant. queuing up for content is a sure fire way to get speed feats out of content or a decent carry if youre lucky but if you need to get feats that require just a little brainpower you're screwed. in throne the raid is over by the time someone types in "i need the vase feat"...

that said if its lower tiered i do appreciate a very fast run. especially if all i'm doing is farming base items.

not an easy spot to be in.
    • Like x 1
  9. mexmex Dedicated Player

Why not stat clamping, you have said time after time, the old raids are as easy as the ones we have now, sure try it, with a full group at level get rid of AM WM and see how "easy it was" and by level I mean entrance level not level close to out of relevancy
  10. RudeHero Level 30

I find it amusing how people bringing up stat clamped are being mocked. If you can't see there are multiple angles and solutions to the problem that is a willful choice you've made as (if done properly) it is perfectly viable.

I actually really enjoyed the clamping in FF14 (though, not perfect by any stretch). It was particularly nice while leveling with my wife and friends, as I tend to play more and getting ahead of them didn't diminish their enjoyment when they reached dungeons I had already outleveled.

A potential compromise could be clamping when queueing as a non-premade party (group < max size), but for those that have a full group there could be an option for non-clamp.

Solo - non-clamp always available as option
    Duo - non-clamp available when queueing as a group of two
    etc. etc.

On top of that their should be some real thought given to rewarding those higher leveled players who are queueing for clamped lower level content. Perhaps something to the effect of the Weekly boxes. A box containing something (potentially) awesome. Rare chance for good R&D mats, hard to find styles, etc. etc.

Also, clamping and walk-ins need not be mutually exclusive. Just make sure to reward people for using the clamped queue (mentioned above) so that high level population doesn't abandon it escalating queue times.
    • Like x 1
  11. mexmex Dedicated Player

Yeeeeeeees please DO SOMETHING DEVS, you have a GREAT GAME, but 90% of it is dead and IRRELEVANT.

GIVE us walk ins PLEEEEEASE

CLAMP IT IF YOU WANT TOO, but allow people get marks out of it
    • Like x 2
  12. mexmex Dedicated Player

So dont you think new players will learn their roles to beat the raids by themselves, I think that if the players love the game will find a way to succeed, and the rest of us can actually help if we want to relive old content as intended from time to time, or to help leaguemates or friends, I know I wouldnt mind
    • Like x 1
  13. The Mythical Luna Dark Well-Known Player

People bring up walk-ins, and immediately it's WE NEED STAT CLAMPED. It's not that they are being mocked. It's more like "We're not talking to you. That's a separate discussion."
    • Like x 3
  14. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Oh Diva another checkmate there!

#TPModsNow!
    • Like x 1
  15. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

You wanna know something nearly as bad?

Completed the happiness home raid in 4 minutes the other day.

Lol now that's sad.
    • Like x 1
  16. Morsy808 Committed Player

I sympathise.

I don't like q'ing into lower tiered content as much as you don't want me there. A separate ready up menu for end game players with the option to solo t1-t6 content would be helpful.

Or at least a tp in hod, which I can use to CHOOSE which raid to go walk into. Like our in base teleporters, where you pick through a list of destinations.

Could place it in the centre of the HOD/WT instead of many instance walk ins scattered everywhere making it tricky remembering locations.
    • Like x 1
  17. mexmex Dedicated Player

So right, I am one of those who stayed for a few friends still have in game, not for the game perse, but play way less more, since I dont replay anything I do alts instead, end game is 1 hour tops for week, That is all the game offers at the time, without paying more
    • Like x 3
  18. mexmex Dedicated Player

you mean a ton of bad players who skipped a lot of content?
    wonder whos fault is that...
    devs please do something
    • Like x 1
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

I think they will just not as wide spread as you think. A drastic change does not do well with this game. Others may adapt while others may quit.

And I don't think the game can survive another gu47 type change
    • Like x 4
  20. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Like all things in life when a big change is going to happen proper and mass communication is needed. GU47 lacked that and it we all know what happened.

Now if the devs can communicate properly in game to the player base, through social media and in the forums the chance of a mass exist may not happen. Making a single portal for all content is a great idea that should be implemented. Clamping players gear stat/CR when using on duty que is another great move.

Now I want to make this perfectly clear. When I played BigHal up to T5 there was no WM, there was no AM and content was challenging.

Move forward 3 years and we have higher damage out for base abilites, WM, and AM which produce even more damage.

If you get a group of experience players into any content at tier they will melt adds and bosses due to the higher damage we can do today than we could say February 2014. Because of the higher damage, stat/CR clamping will have little to no impact other than we might actually have to use some instances mechanics, which I'm perfectly fine with as it would give those us looking for a challenge as way to play some older content and get a bit of a challenge that we might be missing.
    • Like x 2