Dear Devs..

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BipolarDiva, May 12, 2016.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

Since monthly content started the only 2 feats i didnt get before the next episode was the no death feats in Bdaye and PBe. The bday 1 i got soon after and still dont have PBe 1 cause i have barely run PBe but all i need is grodd. There are a ton who finish the ep feats right away. Last episode i would of had every feat if the 1 feat wasnt broken the 1rst day. Most of the feats have become very easy to do.

Whats even sadder is ive been in HH with the entire group 150+ and couldnt finish the raid :eek:
  2. light FX Steadfast Player

Exactly. The darkseid duo? 2 people in the feedback thread said "its too hard" and it gets nerfed :confused: What?!? The majority of feedback said its fine as is and doesnt need any adjustment. Why ask for the feedback if your going to ignore it and listen to only certain people? And yea i find it truly amazing some couldnt figure out movement mode. How do u not just hit all the buttons at the start of the game to see what everything does? Or go to settings? And didnt it tell u on screen what to do? How sad. I saw where someone said their friend came over from EQ and died so many times on the ship that his gear broke and he couldnt repair or make it off the ship. How can that even happen? Simply mind boggling.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

And so they continue to nerf and simplify content for people who have no idea what they are doing and come and whine even when they are way over the CR level.

Lord help us.
    • Like x 2
  4. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

last night on a lower sp alt (who has a 161 cr) i queued up for vengeance. didnt really need anything. i have all the big stuff out of the way for the week, now its mostly working on a few feats and farming the seasonal and base items til the next chapter.

the first room bugged out and the force wall wouldnt come down. those who knew better warped to rally without saying a word leaving behind 5 players in the 75cr range. by the time the lower cr guys got to the second boss at the hospital the higher cr guys already had the boss down and were flying to the third boss while the lower cr guys were stuck dealing with aggrod ads trying to break away. by the time the lower cr guys got to the third boss the high cr guys were off to the last boss and finished the instance while the low cr guys were still on their way, didnt get their loot drop, didnt get marks, didnt get the prize box. basically five new players to the game wasted their time so a 162 and a 164 dps could feel op.

We can come here and complain about the devs and the "state of the game" but the simple truth is there are tons of new players coming into the game everyday and its stuff like this that drives them away. for a lack of patience for what...two minutes?

i actually knew the 164 dps. i was on a "more obscure" alt so he didnt know who i was. not friends, but we've been in raid groups several times over the years and its just sad that a longer term game vet would let this happen.

its almost funny if im in a group with newer players and i do something nice or exhibit some patience. they dont know how to respond. its like trying to befriend an abused puppy. they wanna play but theyre scared.

i really dont want to see stats clamped or anything like that but there really should be a means to keeping those kinds of players from ruining the fun of others. its just as bad as ganking and griefing and zerging unsuspecting noobs.
    • Like x 6
  5. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

They don't need to implement stat clamping or similar methods for that issue. Just make it so the boss fight cannot start until all players enter the area. That can lead to other issues, but what other choices do they have to push for group cooperation?
    • Like x 5
  6. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

God I hope it wasn't me, I try not to do that.
  7. Pink Revenge Committed Player

ironic that the chasing after "new players" creates a game that can't retain new players [or old]. let's make everything super easy and skippable == let's take away any reason for anyone to get engaged with the game when they can just log in once a week, get top gear, then log out.
    • Like x 3
  8. Gimpy Loyal Player

Why is everyone opposed to having the Q group players together based on CR?

Tiers have specific CR requirements for Loot. If a player is over the Tier's Loot CR then the player should not be grouped with any lower than the Loot CR requirement.

Any CR higher than those a player is able to level to in a Tier should be forced to group with CR of Their same Tier.

Even if gear is removed the Actual CR is in effect not the equipped CR.

This is (was?) done in 1v1 arenas if memory doesn't fail me.
  9. mexmex Dedicated Player

Im not sure to get your point.
    It is all about to make suggestions, so we all can have a better experience, and it is not a good idea to game 2 opposite kind o f players at the end content looking for a same reward wanting different paths to get it.
    Yes I can rely on my league or friends, to have a smooth raid, but that it is true only if we can coincide at our schedule, our league has been diminished considerably mainly due to this issues regarding to new content, since they though it was cater only to new players instead of longtime players who invested both time and money in the game, hence my concern, if Im in one of the good leagues (top 30) and there is only 1 or 2 members logged, I am forced to pug even if I want or dont want to do it, and that is something that says a lot of the state of the game, if the game will be in this path for way more long time, I will end up without my leaguemates and friends in the game that actually are the one thing to keep my sub up at the moment, even if I love the game for a lot of good memories.
    I dont know what has to do the fact you got a lot of activities outdoor, Me too I travel every week, Im a dentist with a working office 6 days a week, Im a professor at orthodontics master, have a family, and yes if I am going to enjoy 30 minutes or 3 hours on the game I want to make the best of it, instead of a raid were everyone is blaming each other simply because they skip so much that never learnt how the game works, never practiced their roles because they got carried all the way to the end. and that is how we got were we are, lots of people asking for nerfs, lots of people wanting at challenge.
    That is way I care of something Im passionate about. as my hobby you know, I know the devs are going to do the best for their bussines, Im not pretending to change nothing, but that doesnt mean I shouldn´t give my opinion, or ask what I think they should do for the sake of the game as I see it.
    • Like x 1
  10. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Please implement walk-in for all content, when CR is above a certain number of tiers ie a T6 character to walk-in to a T4 instance solo.

Thus, overgeared players going into content for farming eg Strykers Island can walk-in solo and not impact / carry new players still gearing up.
    • Like x 1
  11. mexmex Dedicated Player

I think they saw the rate of failing in the duo, that is why it got nerfed, sad but true, if 80% of the players in end content are bad, then they will catter to those, instead of the 20% that actually find the content so easy and dumb. Honestly I dont see a middle ground in here, and that is why most vets are gone for good, just see how many people has over 200sp, so few, why because at least in my league they left for good, when they were max sp max cr at the moment.
    • Like x 3
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i doubt you could do something nasty to another player even if you tried...

what really pissed me off was seeing how disappointed these guys were. a few of the newbies had some very well thought out toons. its one thing if they just stood around waiting for drops but these guys wanted to play.

whats even worse is the two high cr guys dont even care. if pressed theyd probably start swearing and make up some kind of lame excuse and they'd get lauded for it.
    • Like x 6
  13. BipolarDiva Loyal Player

I'm always down for helping. And thank you.
    • Like x 1
  14. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The game doesn't have the population to do so without queue times being impacted. I have no idea how much they'd be impacted, but I don't think that is something they could do as a permanent fix right away. They would need to do a trial run (for a week or a month) and see how it affects queue times before they put it in permanently.

And I never said I was opposed to that change. I just don't think it's a good idea without testing first.

Additionally, they'd need to fix at least one bug first:

Oolong Island - Chang Tzu locks players out if the group wipes, and the instance cannot be completed.
    • Like x 5
  15. Controller Devoted Player

I don't see how the issue can be fixed, easily.

We tried Stat Clamping and that didn't work. I personally didn't like GU 47.

I've tried queueing up for raids and asking the higher CRs to slow down - I might as well pee in the wind on trying that.

I think the absolute best thing that the lower CRs can do is try to form their own groups....and then perhaps use LFG to queue in a high CR role to HELP them if they get stuck, but NOT blitz the content for them.

Lower CRs DO have the power. if you form your OWN group (when you are able to) then you can simply kick that high CR player that isn't being helpful.

We are all seeing some high CR players at end game but not being particularly skilled. This means that we MUST be PATIENT - they are willing to learn. If that Tank, Healer, Controller or Dps is seemingly lost in BN, BD, BBS, PZ, UM, etc, etc - then simply ASK them if they need help or advice on the content.....if they seem willing to learn, then stop and teach.

Chances are that WE (High CRs) probably QUEUED into lower-level content, blitzed through it and helped PRODUCE these high CR players at END GAME.

XBOX will SOON see this stuff happening, unfortunately. My oldest son just stated that he has ALREADY seen a 160 CR player on that side.

Higher CRs just need to SLOW their rolls.....and be considerate of other players....same can be said for SOME lower CRs....don't simply rush ahead in the content if you aren't familiar with it.

DCUO is still a fun game - if players get the opportunity to experience it.
    • Like x 3
  16. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Your first statement is false. Stat clamping was not implemented with GU 47.

And while it might be the best thing if lower CRs formed their own groups, most do not know how to create or join a group in lower tiers. I didn't really learn myself until I was on the cusp of Tier 5 back when Origin Crisis was the top content. Forming groups for lower content is also a monumental task, and it's nearly impossible if further restrictions are placed on who can or cannot join.
    • Like x 2
  17. mexmex Dedicated Player

In a few months in XBOX might get ugly with a lot of high cr people, in queue for everything to get the skill point up, lots of carries will happen over there
    • Like x 3
  18. Controller Devoted Player

Which GU was Stat Clamping introduced in? My bad if I'm wrong but I thought it was GU 47?

Forming own groups is probably the best alternative for lower CRs I'm guessing. What other alternative is there?

Every single time I queue for LD, Arti, Necro etc, etc, etc - players blitz it. If I take time to ask players to slow down? I'm left behind and the raid is almost over, lol.

Maybe the easiest fix is lecturing higher CRs on joining lower-end content, but good going on that. Every single time I queue for lower content and sit still, I'm already behind.

OR - End game players with experience can try to be more patient if it appears as if we have a fast riser CR in our raid party. As I stated in original post - chances are he / she got to end game fast because of us.
    • Like x 1
  19. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

The only place Stat Clamping was introduced was seasonal content for PvE. There has been no GU with stat clamping to date.

There isn't one. That's why threads like this have become more and more common over the past couple years.

I try to help alleviate the issue when I run lower content by either tanking or putting on lower gear. In Oolong (tier 2), I tend to tank with my higher gear because I don't want the final boss to bug out and prevent us from finishing if we wipe.
    • Like x 3
  20. Controller Devoted Player

The funny thing is I remember your thread from about 2 weeks ago when you stated that lower CRs were COMPLAINING about you seemingly holding back in damage out.

Can't win for losing, unfortunately.
    • Like x 2