"Dcuo is dying" Reviving ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Malachyte Devoted Player

Get rid of AM
    Get rid of WM
    Make power unique as they should be
    Teleports to all instances
    Add more interesting open world content for both PVE and PVP (Ring Wars and Diamond Heist are ancient)
    Create a real expansion that has more cities and content in those cites after 4 plus years of just having Metro and Gotham is beyond stale.
    • Like x 2
  2. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I don't mind wm and ams but there are some issues I don't like. For example 20 skill points for weapon mastery. If you have enough for every combo in that weapon, you mastered the weapon. To me crits are a bonus you want but doesn't need to be a weapon mastery. Am is limited, you are stuck with a cookie cutter loadout and makes the rest of the powers on the trees useless, so wish every power was available for ams.

Get rid of enrage timers and one shot, healing been boring with those implemented in the game. Even gotten to the point even adds are almost one shotting people in raids, so we have nothing to heal. Only the tank seem to survive and only healing the tank. The rest you have to wait till the get revived and refill their life, rinse and repeat.
    • Like x 1
  3. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

I agree with everyone who posted, all valid ideas and points. However, one thing that has irked me 8 toons later, I just created another toon (Rage powered) and I have steamrolled though leveling my toon to lvl 30 doing everything that's needed but what continues to be a slap in the face is that drop system. I could go either tank or dps but I continue to get Controller and Healer gear non-stop :rolleyes: Also, could you possibly have an in-game manual for 1st time players / MMO casuals because when I was doing the Area 51 alert, none of my members were communicating mic or chat and it seemed one was inputting on trade chat instead on group chat, then 2 of them quit because they kept jumping ahead into mobs and I didn't have the option to the reopen the instance, so I asked the other remaining player to do so and for the love of all that is sacred, he did not respond back, kept following me, NOT REOPENING THE INSTANCE :rolleyes: The in-game manual can be something similar to the in-game manual within a PS One game on the PS4, you simply press the PS button and the manual option is there. The reason for this is that some players not all, don't know or can't figure out the in-game options or none of them bothered to do so. However, I keep bumping into players like this and I keep thinking to myself why isn't there A DUMMIES GUIDE TO DC UNIVERSE ONLINE
    • Like x 2
  4. Jokersjoke New Player

I'm all for DCUO2. I would give the game one more year and relaunch. Will the devs get the funds for that? I don't know. Would it bring back everybody? Of course look at other games that make sequels.
    • Like x 3
  5. Horridhal New Player

Simplest solution :

Keep the single mark system but remove mark relevancy and stat clamping. Players shouldn't be penalized when they succeed in a game and that is exactly what these two systems do.
    • Like x 3
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

Thats not what im implying, the goal of this thread is for those who believe in so and those who do not meet a common bond put differences to the test and find a solution to those differences while providing ideas to help make the game better.
    • Like x 2
  7. Jokersjoke New Player

Stat clamping in PvP was the worst thing to ever happen to pvp. If somone has better gear than me i should receive a beating. That will give me motivation to get gear and return the favor.
    • Like x 1
  8. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Your suggestion relies on those clueless players USING the in game guide.
  9. Red Jenni Loyal Player

Open world Oa, with accompanying missions. Open world Thanagar (is that the right name?) and accompanying missions. TWO dlcs every three months instead of one.
  10. Serj Committed Player

about time PVP takes a hit for changes that are meant for PvE, not the other way around like always.
  11. Frankzilla Committed Player

It's over for dc will take way to long to recover from all this. So it will never be able to regain the loyalty of its most dedicated players. There's no more grind replays make it so easy to gear up and the infamous door glitches which circumvents anything suppose to be challenging. They got what they wanted push all the true gamers out well done dc you know how many leagues you killed. Lol oh well shout out to ESO ✌✌
    • Like x 6
  12. Sivulla Dedicated Player

Probably tutorial changes and more documentation inside the game itself, for the xbox version customers.
    • Like x 1
  13. Corneliuos New Player

I think the problem is that DCUO is killing Premium Members and Premium are the constant fillers. FTP Players come in once get bored and leave. Legendary Fans never leave, but this is the smallest group. I am currently premium. I bought all the dlc's upto hometurf. Sometimes I go into legendary, and I leave in crunch time at work(why pay when no play).

Daybreak is killing premium with the new mark system. B4 GU 48, even with older content I would still get some marks that could help me buy stuff I missed on my way of increasing CR. Even with GU 48, doing the dailies helped me get at least 4 marks per day. NOW the only way I can get marks is on the vault. At most one mark every 3 days, if I don't forget to login.

Getting inside the game now is a cinch, usually had to wait at least 3 minutes. Getting into raids and alerts take forever, if I can go in the time frame for gaming. I don't mind the buffing of pve opponents, although some are exaggerated (see swamp thing). But I hate that after all that effort, I don't get any useful gear and NO reward (ie marks of anything) that could be used to buy stuff.

This is the only game where the best gear costs as much as the first tier gear. Where a ROLEX costs as much as a CASIO. It makes no sense.

Feats used to be worth a lot. I think that was always the real objective of the game. That is lost somehow in CR. Why did they do that? Feats were something you worked for and was worth it. It makes you keep on coming back. Now get 100 sp and 126 CR and you are the largest killer dps in the raid, and u started playing 3 months ago.

Even having mods don't contribute to CR anymore. WHAT????? I have no idea where daybreak is taking this, but the game I enjoyed so much playing is going in a weird direction and instead of trying to bring players in, they are shooing them out.

I really hope you can turn this around daybreak. I stop playing any game as soon as it becomes a chore. PLEASE DON'T SCREW THIS UP. I saw A LOT of great suggestions in this thread. When DCUO started it was a membership only game. That lasted 6 months before they noticed nobody was paying $60 for a game that required a $36 membership that did not have much content. Now you have content, but you NEED PLAYERS. I don't mind having to wait in Q to enter the game, as long as I enjoy playing it.

Hope everything people says here help.
    • Like x 4
  14. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

1. Bring back clipping - We have WM and AMs, both are boring, both make combat a snoozefest. I want clipping to return as the optimum form of DPS, with a power back mechanic for when you hit an enemy that has a PI (ie: you'd get power back for hitting a terrified enemy with phantom flames or psychic shock). I want all 3 to be close, but I want to see clipping, which takes the most effort and skill to pull off to be the top when executed properly. Combat becomes fun again and we get several different playstyles for everybody.

2. Mechanics - Lets get healers and controllers involved again. We're getting closer for sure, but all mechanics are generally Tank based. Separating bosses, killing essences, etc. Controllers never have to control or debuff anything, healers only heal 1 person. We're too easily able to stack DPS and avoid any mechanics there are. The past few DLCs have make some great steps in the right direction, lets bring it to the next level and bring back the group dynamic to raids. Every role should have relevance in every instance.

3. Make more content meaningful - 12 instances is fine for end game stuff, but the entire rest of the game means nothing. Early content has zero relevance and I have no reason to ever go back in. Running the same 12 instances for months at a time can get really, really boring. Even the 2-3x monthly runs of Nexus, AnB and Paradox were enjoyable, not to mention the other instances that at least had some relevance because of MoT. We have a game full of content and we are limited to way too little of it. It could reward anything really. Exobytes, a secondary mark, a new crafting material, something to make running older content worth it.

4. "Expert" raid rotations - Bump up an old raid every 2 weeks and have it reward MoV. Batcaves, FOS's, T4 stuff, anything. I'd like to experience enhanced versions of older content and get rewarded. I miss the old stuff and want to see more of it.

5. Make skill points mean something - The difference between a 126 CR 200 SP DPS and a 126 CR 100 SP DPS isn't nearly as much as it should be. I've spent 4 years grinding for SP and for what? 2-300 extra might to add to my 9000? SP mean nothing anymore and considering the effort it takes to get over 200 of them, they should mean something. WM was supposed to make SP relevant, but it has done nothing but make them less important.

6. Separate PVP and PVE - No more WM or AMs in arenas. They cause too many issues with balance and make PVP frustrating.
    • Like x 4
  15. Derio 15000 Post Club

DCUO would need an EXPANSION, if you look at ESO and Heavensward, they show what DCUO needs.

However for the time being, DCUO needs to do 3 things:
    1.Remove the scorecard in PVE( its a team working together, not competing against eachother)
    2. Stop updating DPS powersets and focus on reinventing support roles to make them more relevant to the game( you should not be able to run alerts as an all dps group)
    3. Put real mechanics in content( yes this is a casual game, but it shouldnt be a cake walk with stacking dps)

I honestly dont expect any of these changes to be done this year. In fact I suspect in January they will still be balancing dps powers and the scoreboard will still be a problem, while people still buy powerchange tokens on the FOTM power.
    • Like x 2
  16. Redman_x Well-Known Player

You are delusional if you think #1 will help this game in any way, shape, or form. The only people that hate the scoreboard are the vocal minority here on the forums. (And the people that just are terrible at dps)

Removing the scoreboard would cause way more harm than good. You would get an even larger mass exodus to this game than what eso, witcher3, and destiny did combined. And on top of that, most of the people who did leave for other games wouldn't ever come back.

I said this earlier on in this thread. Sometimes the poison u know is better than the poison you dont.
    • Like x 2
  17. Derio 15000 Post Club

True but right now the scoreboard does more harm than good. Especially for new players. People cant learn if the scoreboard gets them kicked.

Scoreboard is probably not #1 but in the top 5 of why players quit DCUO or leave DCUO.
    • Like x 2
  18. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

Scoreboard removal is DEFINITELY a vocal minority thing. I dare anyone to go in game and suggest that idea and see how it fairs. The responses will be hilarious and probably hurtful(unfortunately)
    • Like x 1
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Yea because if you remove the scoreboard, all the dps will go nuts.
    • Like x 1
  20. Jokersjoke New Player

If they remove scoreboard they must have sp visible like CR. I don't want to run content with people who shouldn't be there.
  21. Horridhal New Player

This attitude is another issue I have with this game.

Who decided that you need "xxx SP"(the number is almost always over 175) in order to run things? It isn't based in anything like fact(I am sitting at 127 or so and have no issues keeping up with other players). It seems like such an elitist and jerk attitude to have.
    • Like x 4