"Dcuo is dying" Reviving ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Erin Arror Dedicated Player

Oh, I was just about to call a doctor. If only DC has a doctor, who could save the FATE of the game. (perhaps with his mighty scissors kick) :D
    • Like x 1
  2. Anothername Well-Known Player

Ok. My love letter to Daybreak / DCUO Division:

Small, probably easy, improvements I can think of:
    - Choice of loot like in the current T7 areas applied to all areas. If CL does not warrant a mark instead an additional choice of furniture.
    - Reconsideration on several items that cost end-game equip marks i.e. mid-level crafting. I'd like to complete the occasional crafting quest but I refuse to spend a mark that can be used for the only type of improvement that currently matters for chars to some boots I'd just pick for style. Those marks are to sparse to throw them away like that. (I'm aware that not all share that opinion but I'm very sure the majority does).

This reconsideration could take form of the introduction of a new secondary mark system used for fluff stuff & could be collected in all dungeons no matter the CR.

These two would do wonders to re-utilize existing contend and give lots of players reasons again to visit older areas and have a more diverse playing experience.

Medium, not that easy but far from ludicrous improvements:
    - Add stuff to the marketplace that (sorry) does not suck. And don't act surprised if stuff that is priced like half or more of brand new different game does not sell well. Even less so if ppl are not convinced of your quality control of the stuff they buy.

Some examples: New housings. These things are expensive enough that most will not buy them blindly on impulse. But that is exactly what the marketplace expects them. Those things need screenshot added in the preview; and even then you have to make sure these housings are cool enough to make ppl. spend & you have to be willing to go back fix some of the grievances ppl might have. Not demand like "i want a new layout" but bugs (?) like the inability to hang nearly no wall item on the columns of the penthouse. People DO factor past grievances in future spending behavior.

Outfits. I read somewhere that you did not added more outfit option because those existing did not sell well. Err... well... Take a look at them. Sure, some of them probably did took some time and testing to do properly. But if you want to test for real if ppl buy outfits or just refuse the marketplace: add a micro-bikini with the summer-event release (should require considerably less work than a firefighter outfit). Then do polls with 3 or 4 outfits you have in mind and ask players what they would be most eager to spend on.

Emblems: So with Sony gone DC might be more willing to open up on some stuff I read. For the off chance that they still are against the Bat or the El emblem for players why don't you add some inspired by stuff? There are enough letter that could get the Kryptonian treatment. You actually should do these no matter if DC says yes or not to the Superman S itself; some villain metas might totally dig a Kyptonian style Z ;)

Add a real expansion
    Add a new big open world area. Something the size of current metropolis. Do what you did not wanted to anymore and add a few new level (not too much. +10 or +15). Use that new area to slowly teach with quests and rewards the change from level based progression to item based progression.

Think of a few new things players could do with their chars to break the routine. Like adding a optional secret identity layer to the game & add some mini games to it; mostly stuff revolving around some socializing mini games. Hey, you just might have given the firefighter costume a purpose ;)

I occasional just log in because I like my char & than am a bit stun-locked because I think "Now what? I don't want to repeat the same dungeon agaaaaain". I just fiddle a bit with my housing, find some other thing to goof around and log of. Thats usually the stage before I just cancel a sub & put the game in the back burner to some point in the future revisiting & write some long winded post about stuff that could be done to improve the situation (...err... ok; that was not intentional. I just might refer to this post when it comes).

In short: Take a good look, AS A GAMER, at the situation. Be ready for a big re-investment to the improval of the game; use it to get rid of long overdue flaws and add more flavor to keep the players from being bored to fast. Its too one dimensional for a MMO.

DC TV shows have never been so successful & widespread as they are now. DC Movies are building a DC-CU with the first time on live action screen together Batman & Superman next year; there are only two "true" Superheros MMORPGs on the market, you have one of it and its the one with the DC License: Just pick up the pot of gold diamonds in front of you.
    • Like x 4
  3. theswoosh Well-Known Player

look at ff14 expansion pack....deleted dcuo.....lol
    • Like x 2
  4. AllanPage Committed Player

Well we gotta give credit to Daybreak. We didn't think anyone could do worse than SOE. They certainly surpassed our expectations.
    • Like x 8
  5. Redman_x Well-Known Player

All you yahoos who say a way to revive the game would be to lose the scoreboard needs their heads checked. A HIGH percentage of this games player base are DPS only and they thoroughly enjoy the scoreboard. Removing the scoreboard would cause even more people to leave and make an even bigger mess than you think we have now. (Sometime the poison u know is better than the poison u don't know).

I think what would give this game a good shot in the arm would be to allow hero's and villains to group up for PVE. Also allow hero's and villains to be in leagues together. Keep all the leveling missions hero or villain based. Keep certain styles only to be had by the certain factions. But let us group up for end game content and be in leagues together. This isn't rocket science here, It wouldn't take much effort to make this happen.

Also would like to see some sort of expansion pack.
    • Like x 4
  6. BigBadDogIV Committed Player

Malachee Said: "Were you meaning this to be serious?"

You do realize those aren't my thoughts on it. I was simply paraphrasing DCUO Management's words. Nothing More...
    • Like x 1
  7. Vyltran Loyal Player

I don't pretend reading all posts cause i know they are ALL repetitive.

If you were a devr, how would you plan "raiding" without WM or AM. GIVE ME A REAL SOLUTION. Not because removing this WM game experience will be more challenging and not because removing that, game effects aren't going to affect me anymore.

I don't even care if they are removed or not. It is just part of the game which represents a new concept, leaving past and monotony behind that wrecked wall that involved days & more days of complaining (which have been reduced considerably).

Stat flattening will be worthless, and all devs effort are not going to be considered. Meanwhile, we will be returning to threads about reducing bosses HP so we can really stand against...

Talking as a PERSON, please consider what devs have done for us. They are not slaves. AS A PLAYER, you are all wrong except for those one have made a good statement.

I.MMMMM.Ooooo...

Edit1: Sorry, i had to read sum' posts due to a "i can't sleep" issue, and made it funny for me, all entire night. Playing on PC is not the same thing as playing on USPS, that's all. There are games horribly done for PC that could be great for PS. Done.
    • Like x 1
  8. IamINC Dedicated Player

I don't think the game is dying but it is suffering dramatically, defiantly the worst period I've seen in the 4 years I've played.

I have to say that the update that shall not be named decreased the population vastly , mark relevancy put a lot of veteran players onto other mmo's and with all the amazing title released this summer things have gone even quieter than I anticipated.

I hope that coming content and hopefully some sort of compromise on the relevancy issue (this single subject has been the biggest cause of players leaving) will encourage many to return , the pc merge and Xbox release will also help numbers improve , add the new UI in and fix PvP as well (optimistic I know) and would think dcuo could be stronger than before.
    • Like x 7
  9. Ghostof91 New Player

Good question, if I was a developer I would boost the damage for both Weapons and Powers so that players can compete with higher tier NPC's, adding 2 additional trees that requires more skill point insertion, making the stats to really show a difference depending how much skill points you have, as for Weapon Mastery users, this will be a market purchase of any weapon combine of they choice, but it will not increase any damage it would just work as if you were playing a Deathstroke or Huntress character.

Adding damage to Weapon Mastery is forcing players playstyle to one origin, thats why I would have never added damage to it.

Also with the updating two trees players will have more freedom to customize their power considering that the innate trees will consider some elemental power interactions for example; 120 Def will sometimes grant fire,ice, or dazed to weapon attacks.

I would also add elements that can be crafted on to your Weapons through the R&D station were it require 50 exobits per craft depending on your selected element, this will give players more incentive to form for exobytes, pve open world spawns will be decreased while pvp open world will increase since your puting yourself out there. These elements will consist of Runed, Panic, Crushed, Burn, and Frozen which will boost the damage of your weapons.

The point is Weapon Mastery was a give away, nothing complex, nothing to really offer the game but damage and powersaving.
  10. spack2k Steadfast Player

stop already with those "delete scoreboard" ********... everything else go on
    • Like x 1
  11. Jokersjoke New Player

Things that would help
    1. Only have role less buffs in duos and alerts. Them being in raids is just pointless if the idea was to bring all the roles together for a big run.

2. Yup saying it again. Have controllers actually controll and make another role for batteries. 1 Tank, 1Controller, 2 Batteries, 2 Heals, 2 DPS. Support Roles are already excluded in alerts it really doesn't matter who you bring so this is mostly for raids.

3. Make Hero and Villain team up content. Please do not go back and add this to all content it would be abused. This would be better suited for new content.

4. Once a person uunlocks their support role just have Oracle or Calculator or mentors come say how to use it.

5. Get rid of rent and utility belt locks. With one mark system we have to take a whole piece of gear away to pay rent. There should have never have been there since we PAY FOR THEM.

6. Mentor buffs would be somthing good. They would be very small so they won't be abused.

7. Finally when the game gets back on it's feet i think everyone would love to see a third city to the game.(Like smaller than Gotham&Metro but bigger than CC).

Thanks for reading long live DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  12. Falco Committed Player

The devs just need to finish what they've started: Remove support roles and make it a hack n slash game. Then hang on for dear life to whatever part of the community they have left.

OR:

1. fix pvp
    2. fix support roles
    3. fix all the broken content that has continued to pile up
    4. stop milking players with fotm, replays, and booster bundles
    5. bring out the new ui

I'll put money on my first sentence happening before all (or maybe even any of) the rest.
    • Like x 2
  13. HazelWarriorPrincess New Player

I don't think anyone would or should fault you for your attempts for game improvements however you are implying the game is indeed dying which the outcome is death. That belief without actuals is the laughable part.
  14. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

People just dont want to admit to it.

Beating around the edges, sugarcoating facts. Its cause they love the game. I mean I do too; but I also notice when something I love an spent much money is is struggling.

* Its hard to find LFG for anything below T6 at proper time of the day.

* LFG chat sometimes barely moves, unless someone having a conversation.

* Some content is still VERY unbalanced difficulty wise, causing many if not all people to not run it. Equaling to even less content.

* Many leagues have shrunk bad after the update. Mines went from 30+ people to 8 to 11 on weekends if lucky. I've seen some leagues with 80+ drop in the 20's.

Stat flattering making SP more irrelevant, increasing content difficulty.

Singles mark rewards, Tier Lock rewards.

......................The game is suffering, this is coming form a 3 Year player, still subbed, still playing. But i'm not going to deny this fact. If the game doesn't make the right bussiness adjusments and stop trying to brutely force money out of there customers its suffering will be over; cause the game will be dead.

I give it by the end of next year.
    • Like x 9
  15. kravonik New Player

this. I love the game, but I can no longer justify paying monthly for it.
    • Like x 1
  16. IamINC Dedicated Player

Completely agree with you , my league has also suffered horrendously , lucky if I get 5 people on at once now and recruiting is next to impossible.

I also believe the next 6-8 months are critical on where the game goes population wise , but more than anything it's the silence from the devs regarding community , anytime a thread appears like this one it gets shut down and a " this isn't constructive " message pops up from Mepps , now I don't know what's more constructive than the feedback from the paying customers?

I would personally like to have an open post from the dev team bringing the community up to speed on what's down the line and explaining why certain things were done, more openness would definitely be appreciated by all rather than simply choosing to ignore our concerns , and would I'm sure limit these type of threads from appearing so often.
    • Like x 7
  17. Solar Well-Known Player

Take stat flattening out behind the shed and give it the old yeller treatment.
    • Like x 5
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Other improvements:
    1. Bring the T7 loot system to all tiers, including unattuned gear, this would get rid of the lock out that some roles have to certain gear styles. (Tier 3 vendor gear should stay the way it is, if people want this gear they can switch powers, or the Devs could put it on the Marketplace with no feats attached for like 500 SC per suit)
    2. The above system would make running older content much more meaningful since there would be a possibility of getting a Mark of Victory from bosses.
    3. Give all Daily outside Solo missions the ability to earn prestige. This includes: Tier 4 Strykers and Ace, Gotham Wastelands, War of the Light 1 & 2, Gotham Under Siege, and New Genesis, as well as any upcoming Daily outside Solos
    4. Bounties: CC, MBot & SBot, Gotham Wastelands, WoL 1 & 2, New Genesis et all, should give prestige for defeating them when completing the mission for them.
    5. A Generator Mod with the ability to walk into every instance in the game from your teleporter.
    • Like x 8
  19. TrueGODofMarvel New Player

I agree with every idea you posted. Especially the first one
    • Like x 3
  20. Van_Gho Committed Player

pftttttt kickstarting dcuo, HEEEEELLLL NO, I "kickstart" it everytime I purchase a dlc or buy something from the market place.
    Legendary folk kick start it via their memberships.
    • Like x 1