"Dcuo is dying" Reviving ideas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ghostof91, Jun 20, 2015.

1. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

There was a period where I felt that they were going to be more content driven towards this.

Like the Manhunters in A&B, it looked as though they were gathering data on players in the Controller role.

When they released LnW, I felt like it was perfect from a controller aspect, but in this community and the entitlement society at large.(My opinion, those that just want the top gear never mind the skill needed to finish the content.)

The NPC's should have been as strong as the manhunters in A&B, but they were not and we did what we always do....stack the group because the skill level of the community is burn centric and the mechanics are built so this less skilled can advance with stacking DPS's while support roles cast 2 powers and a SC every so often.

When those of us eventually run the content, it has been so beat to death by these elite groups and the rest get the omg The Jones's got the chest piece, I can't wait to form my own group or run this alt through my league that I have to (because of entitlement) join a group to get in now as a 4th or 5th DPS further compounding the problem, as the content is very beatable with the those types of Mechanics in the content, that a majority can ignore and get treated as the most skilled and by both the Dev's and the community.

I am sad to say the mechanics that you seek are there we just don't either recognize them or see them and say the heck with this I don't have time for this though I have been playing all day for 2 days lets just add another DPS and focus fire the adds and Boss till we get our drops.

When they get tired of all the glitching, the mad forum post from support role type players and players taking there baby for granted instead ofbeing so delighted that we can overcome there content with ease by simply adding burners the notion of any type of content will be met by an angry mob with torches and pitch forks due to them releasing content to players that don't know anything but DPS'ing, giving power and healing only.
    • Like x 1
  2. colonelbondo Well-Known Player

work on your grammar dude
  3. Anothername Well-Known Player

I seriously doubt that. They would probably roll in more than the usual KS game (ie. Successes like Wasteland 2, Pillar of Eternity or even more so Star Citizen are NOT usual but massive successes). But funding a AAA Game; especially a AAA MMO requires lots of money.

The whole reason for doing that would be to make a bigger & better DCUO. And while I don't know what production costs DCUO had I have a feeling that they where higher than above named high profile KS successes combined.

Yeah... well... maybe this is the attitude that made the devs remove much of the usefulness of SP in the first place.
  4. colonelbondo Well-Known Player

if they dont read chat they're not going to read a manual
  5. colonelbondo Well-Known Player

stat clamping and the cr mark crap are the two stupidest ideas i have ever even heard of in a role playing game, which are supposed to reward progress not punish it. you can't force people to play nice, you just drive them away
    • Like x 1
  6. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Daybreak needs to follow through with its plans, have a clear focus on what they want and show that through action to its customers. Most importantly, they may need to broaden the gap between the difference of fixing the game and enhancing it. Right now, it seems to be challenging to know the difference.
    • Like x 4
  7. Southbeatz Well-Known Player

Players are supposed to have freedom of choice and when that is taken away, some people choose to quit. The devs knew better but who knows why they went forward with something they surely knew would be unpopular. Some of us like it while some dislike it. Some dislike it enough to quit and anytime someone quits, there goes some lost revenue.
    • Like x 2
  8. TheDarknessWithin Loyal Player

Ha, I agree. I've run with sooo many 180+ sp players, who are sooooo horrible, you'll contentiously think how they actually got that much sp...
  9. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

agreed.
    • Like x 2
  10. c6relic New Player

It's already dead for me, I haven't been on in almost 2 months now and the league I was in of 456 members with roughly %30 of them online daily is nothing more than a ghost town now, they all quit after GU47 had dropped.
  11. E Clip Dedicated Player

I'm trying to understand those who say that they quit because of GU47, especially veteran players. Two of the most prevailing reasons seem to be: difficult of t3-t5 content and rewards for that content. These two reasons dont impact them in any way.

Before T6 came out, we were farming T4 for mainframe, when T6 came out we stopped farming T4 and started farming T5, now when T7 came out we are farming T6 content for the same thing every week as opposed to once a month like we did before, plus we are getting marks that we can use to buy T7 gear ... If anything, we are getting more now. Whats different now is the price of past tier styles. Before this GU, you could pretty much buy all T3 styles with just one T5 raid and 1 Monthly reward box. T4 styles took a bit longer while T5 could take you a few months. What happened now is that T3 and T4 are more expensive to buy, but T5 and T6 are cheaper now ar at least same price (if you dont count the monthly reward box), so it kind of balances out.

As for the difficulty of T3-T5 content? Cmon, most of the complaints are unwarranted and blown waaaay out of proportion. T4 and T5 raids are not half as difficult as when we were doing them at tier. All I read is: omg im cr75 tank and get 3 shotted by adds in Prime Battleground, nerf plox. Well newsflash, even 116 tanks were 3 shotted by adds in NgN and HH sometimes even 1 shotted, so whats your point? Learn to play your roles and stop crying.
    • Like x 3
  12. mrx Level 30

1. The Elite raid is for max 5% of the players intresting, the rest (95%) get frustraded and leave that...
    2. In high content a group needed 2-3 tanks, this is too much, nobody find 3 good tanks random, 1 tank is enough
    3. The Feedback from the devs is too low, my feeling is nobody is interested what the most gamers want to do
    • Like x 2
  13. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

I just thought of the idea last night of making new characters to level in PVP only. I always wanted to try celestial, so I got it to 30, bought some T1, but I've decided to just use it for PVP now. I think I'm completely losing interest in PVE altogther.

I think I'm gonna make a sorcery toon for PVP now because I haven't played that power either. I'll basically have a bunch of 100 cr toons with PVE CRs of 36 lol.
    • Like x 1
  14. SYNDICOR2525 Dedicated Player

Lack of CS. Where the hell is the service for the people supporting this game? Seriously? Pay less attention to this and see just how far your company will get in the long run. Time to step it up in this department, and step it up quick. Take care of the people taking care of you when an issue arises instead of brushing them off or trying to pass the buck elsewhere. CS has taken a turn for the worse and needs to improve.

Enough with the quick money grab schemes, especially the FOTM bs. It's old and creates nothing but toxicity in the game. It keeps imbalance of powers alive. After 4 freakin years how is this still an issue? Simple......the money. Forget about how it continues to cripple the game. Hell, as long as those respec sales are coming in, who cares, right? Right. Until players have enough of it and play less. It fuels and enables the scoreboard chasers making the gaming experience a painstaking one for support roles and other dps players that actually focus on objectives. It makes items that should be helpful (scoreboard) looked at as part of the issue. Here I thought that finally DCUO was moving away from this and finally moving closer to power balance............until GU49. Where (once again) a power was buffed up to be superior above all (even after being reported through testing prior to release). Again, here we go again. Run some content and watch the DPS competition at it's finest. Where pick ups become none existent, and objectives are the job of everyone else but. This will continue to hinder this game, but hey......who cares? It's making them money. All until less and less players are around. Oh wait! That's already happening.

Give more importance to those things that should matter, particularly skill points. I believe they do make a difference, however not enough. Let players feel a little more than just a sense of accomplishment for completing their feats. Buff up stats much more for levels of feats acquired. Make it known how powerful a player's toon can be by the dedication and hard work placed to get them there. Making players feel that their long hours and dedication doesn't add up much is very discouraging.

Support roles. Make each and every role a vital part of group content. It's not the content that needs to be harder. It's running the content without the proper support cast that should make it harder. Make it impossible to run any content without each and every required role present, regardless if how high the CR of all 5 DPS players may be. Make support roles matter and as equally important.

Stop taking away rewards regardless of how minimal they may seem. It seems that everything lately, more and more is revolving around the infamous RBs. You want more money from us? Do something with your damn MP instead!

Loot Drops. I don't think I even need to get into this one.

IMO, many recent decisions (cough, cough.......GU47) has contributed to lack of players. I myself find that I have been playing less and less and have decided that I too will not be renewing my sub. If DCUO wishes to cater to the casual player, then there it is. The population as it is now will likely be the norm. No need for the hardcore legendary player. I will just come around here and there and maybe pick up a sub for a month every 6 months to catch up. This way I can be casual.
    • Like x 5
  15. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

Stat clamping may have been so much simpler to do and prevent a lot of the balance issues created within DCUO . Instead, the developers have made "creative" ways to get around stat clamping (ex. Stat Flattening). In the end, the community still disapproves of the choices daybreak has made for DCUO.

To me, Daybreak should not spend any more time or resources messing around with the communities impulsive sensibilities. If players want to quit then let them follow through with it. This may root out the players that prefer using extortion from those that genuinely want to stay.

It seems academic at this point for Daybreak to stat clamp the game. Make it optional, take your losses and move on to rebuilding a better game and community. I believe one of the biggest pitfalls was Daybreak leaving it up to the community to be fair, practical and selfless enough to help them improve the game.

E3 made things clearer on what direction games are taking with current gen systems. It seems DCUO needs a healthy community to survive this generations cycle.
    • Like x 1
  16. Antwoman Dedicated Player

And whats wrong with voicing your opinion on a Thread if you thin kthe game is dead make a thread if you think people shouldn't voice their opinion make a thread about it? Its a semi free country and we have some what freedom of speech on here. Do I believe DCUO is dying...Its to me thinking about calling friends and family because its deeply depressed. But I would love to see how DCUO compares to other games this year and what it did in years pass as in profits earned and avg player base, that is based on IP not in game characters. That will tell more of a story I believe, but seeing it now it seems to ve deeply depressed.
    • Like x 2
  17. BlueLionSven Well-Known Player

The funny things about these "bring back clipping people" are 1) they never listened when they were told clipping would be phased out and 2) they were the reason why clipping was minimized.

How is that so Blue you may ask?

WM was created because those same people were complaining that they wasn't enough justification for their skill points. With WM you need 21 skill points to unlock it, plus 3 for the stat(s) you want, plus two for the WM moves.
  18. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

While kinda correct, you also need another 21 points in the tree(s) which you want to combo in to. So if you want to do say, Bow and Pistols, you need 21 for bow, 21 for pistols, 2 back in bow to buy the combos, and 3 for the bottom row of your stats. That's 47. Add another 21 for the second WM combo and 2 more back for bow and it bring us up to 70. Still not a lot of points and is easy to obtain.

Please correct me if my math is off, my brain is...not good.
  19. DarkNovaBlaze Dedicated Player

Are you serious right now? 90% of the devs' focus is always on PvE and the changes they make for it always mess with PvP. When has it ever been the other way around?
    • Like x 1
  20. Pop a Trinket dey sweatin Dedicated Player

At the end of the day this is a business. This isn't a high school sports team. Day break can't make the population run laps and do push-ups to root out the bad seeds...the ones who can't cut it.

Money talks and frankly if I were one that still loved DC unconditionally if want more players to be around to support my habit. The more players that leave the less likely the game will be around or be nearly as enjoyable for those that stay.
    • Like x 2