DCUO is Coming to Xbox + More News and Reveals!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Dexella, Jan 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dexella Communications Manager

[IMG]

Happy 5th Anniversary, Heroes and Villains! Today we’re celebrating five years in Metropolis, Gotham, and the many other locations we’ve traveled to in the DC Universe. And we’re just getting started!

To celebrate our anniversary, we were featured on two of Kinda Funny Games’ livestreams today. On Colin & Greg Live, the first big piece of news was announced:

DC Universe Online is coming to Xbox One!
    That’s right, Xbox fans, your wait is almost over. DCUO will be coming to Xbox in Spring 2016!

PC/PS Cross-Play
    Have you been waiting to do battle with a friend or family member, but couldn’t because they were playing on a different platform? Get ready to save the world TOGETHER, because PC/PS crossplay is coming the week of January 25, 2016!

Then, on Kinda Funny Plays: DCUO, we revealed a LOT more about what’s coming up in 2016. Watch the replay video for all the action, but here are some quick highlights:

Episode 21: Inspired by the Legends of Tomorrow
    Get ready for Hawkgirl, Hawkman, Captain Cold, and Atom – the Legends of Tomorrow are coming to DCUO in Episode 21 next month.

More New Storylines
    In addition to Legends of Tomorrow-inspired content, you can expect new storylines in 2016 including:
    • A New Superman Storyline, featuring Zod, Ursa, Non, Superman, Lois Lane, Supergirl, and Superboy, now voiced by Greg Miller! The story will begin in the PhantomZone and will eventually take you all the way to the epic finish in the City of Kandor!
    • The finale of Halls of Power – Get ready. Darkseid’s forces are invading Central City, and we’re going to need YOUR HELP to stop them!
    • Harley Quinn – Love Harley Quinn? You will love this crazy storyline centered around her.
    • Plus, later in the year, the finale of Amazon Fury!
    New Powerset: WATER
    Our next powerset is Water, featuring Hydrokinetics (Hard Water Constructs, inspired by characters like Aqualad) and Tide-Calling (Waterbending, inspired by characters like Mera).

4th Color Palette
    Customize your character further with the addition of a 4th choice in your color palette. More colors, more looks, more fun!

Style and Gear Unlocking
    Keep up your alternate characters more easily with style and gear unlocking. Keeping to the philosophy established with unlocking feats, you will be able to unlock gear or styles on one character if you have already earned that style or gear on another.

League Recruitment Tools
    Finding and joining the right League is the absolute best thing anyone can do to enjoy the game to the max, and we’re going to make that easier to do in-game.

ANNIVERSARY GIFTS!
    You didn’t think we’d forget our anniversary did you? There’s a gift waiting for you to commemorate 2015: a new DC Bombshell poster for your base or league hall PLUS a Daybreak emblem for your character. You have to log in by January 31st to get these items, so don’t wait – log in now!

[IMG]

We’ve had an incredible five years, and we’ve got a lot more to do! Get ready for a big 2016 here in DCUO.

Here are some Fast Facts about the first five years in DCUO:
    [IMG]

• Like x 35
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Will they fix the journal and mission tracker bugs along with HUD disappearing before they launch on XB1? Or will XB1 be getting a new UI for their launch.
    • Like x 4
  3. GunnerWolf New Player

Awesome news.

Please publish a Xbox One FAQ as soon as possible. I am currently a yearly subscriber for the PC version of the game, but will likely switch to the Xbox One version because most of my friends play games on that platform.
  4. Jak-Man Committed Player

Yep. Those fast facts are, unfortunately, very accurate.
  5. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

4th Color Palette
    Customize your character further with the addition of a 4th choice in your color palette. More colors, more looks, more fun!

When's that going to be added? I hope on the 25th. I have a Shazam! character and I want to make him look more like the real Shazam! character colors. Thank you devs for adding this.
    • Like x 1
  6. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Awesome! A few questions:

1. With Halls Of Power conclusion and Kryptonian-related content, will Superman return? And will Adam Baldwin return to voice him?
    2. Will Halls Of Power Conclusion come before Amazon Fury conclusion?
    3. Will Mark Hamill return to voice the Joker (if there is Harley Quinn storyline)
  7. KageXII New Player

So that's it - only one power per year now?
  8. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

34% villains.

Hoping this will be enough to get me to playing my villain toons again.. :confused:

Nothing on a Cross Style vendor? Or Base item vendor?
    • Like x 1
  9. Zamara Dedicated Player

Fire is #1 :D
    • Like x 1
  10. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

This is great news.. I just hope they update the new UI before they launch for XBOX 1.. Presentation is key!!
    • Like x 2
  11. Jak-Man Committed Player

Other than that, I'm happy to know that Water will be inspired by Aqualad, it was cool how he manipulated water in Young Justice and Flashpoint Paradox.

4th color palette is defiantely a win. Harley Quinn my favorite DC girl of all time (next to Raven) so also happy that she's getting more screen time. The style and gear unlocking seems pretty cool to. You guys have had some crappy years, but looks like things are looking up for you guys.

Congrats, good luck, and continue to get better.

And give us cool jacket styles please.
  12. KageXII New Player

I don't

I don't think they are doing UI- they didn't mention it
  13. Swiftduck Loyal Player

With cross play being only between pc/ps4 and xbox one getting it's own server, does that mean you are finally dropping ps3 in favor of next gen consoles taking priority now?
    • Like x 4
  14. EP Ice Loyal Player

Wow!! A lot of great stuff coming!!! I'm sooooooooo excited!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  15. SkullGang Devoted Player

I had this conversation with a league mate last night about if they were to release it n Xbox they really need a new UI to accompany it.
  16. dcuobestmmo Committed Player

So does that mean ps gets cross play with Xbox or not?
    • Like x 1
  17. SkullGang Devoted Player

PC + PS
    Xbox

Xbox will be alone while PC and PS share.
  18. dcuobestmmo Committed Player

Ok thanks....well....that's disappointing. So no new life for the vets that have funded this game.
    • Like x 1
  19. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

With crossplay coming, what will happen to chars with identical names?
    • Like x 2
  20. TheLQ-DCUO Loyal Player

Will Intergang be involved in the Legends Of Tomorrow if who I think is the villain in that storyline is featured?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.