DCUO dev has lost it's touch and I'm done with the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NelielTu, Mar 6, 2022.

1. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Correction...it still exists, the code for PvP has not been removed or significantly been altered. The fact that people for the most part don't engage in PvP content does not mean it no longer exists. PvP, for all intents and purposes may be "dead"...it actually isn't (it's in more of a vegetative state on life support).
    • Like x 1
  2. Drathmor Unwavering Player

I would argue the fun to be had in this game is more reliant on the people you play with than the game itself ever could be
    • Like x 3
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

the death of the pvp phase happened because at one point the devs thought it was a good idea to put heroes and villain's starting point for the dlc zones as the same point and with population imbalance like it is
    that effectively killed PVP phase because you could no longer finish your missions
  4. El Presidente Well-Known Player

It definitely was for some and definitely wasn't for others. Maybe I didn't run in the right circles but even back in the heyday of PVP it always seemed like the PVP crowd was only ever a small segment of the population.
    • Like x 1
  5. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

You're just doing the same useless thing again. "Do better!" "Be different!" Etc., are all absolutely 100% useless as ideas for what you want to see or for the devs to improve things.

Imagine your boss at work saying your work sucks and you are going to be fired and you ask "what am I doing wrong?" and are told "you're doing bad work!" and you say "okay, what would improve my work?/where am I going wrong?/how can I do better?"

And your boss says "just do better!" "Do it differently!"

Would you find those useful guidelines for getting a good grade?

Yeah, if you're complaining that something is bad, it's your job to suggest what would improve it. Otherwise you're just typing pointless requests that literally cannot be followed/obeyed. How do you expect anyone to know what you will like? Mental powers?

And if it's so easy for people to come up with improved ideas, as you exhort the devs to, it obviously should be even easier for you to come up with your own ideas, since you're the only person who knows what you enjoy most.

What if you were told "Write better comments! Do comments differently!"?

There. Now you know how to write a good comment. That's sufficient explanation, isn't it?

This comment isn't to rag on you; it's to explain the difference between a useful suggestion/request and a complaint nobody can do anything about.
    • Like x 2
  6. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I'd love for a more leveling like experience. The gameplay loop of 1 to 30 is different once you hit end game.

I would like styles to go back to open world briefings and investigations instead of being purchaseable for marks. I'd like to explore the open world and find things.

Maybe have a quest chain for the styles and have the character it belongs to give you the style. If the powers aren't going to see revisions or we aren't getting new powers. I would like to se more more variety in what i do in the game.

Honestly, focusing on pvp a bit more would alleviate some of the monotony. There is nothing that makes me want to play for more than an hour two anymore. Artifacts discourage me from wanting to level my alts.
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

One of the things I've noticed is a lot of early content, particularly the leveling missions, early duos and alerts have been worked on. Missions have been streamlined, some boss fights have been changed a little. Overall I like what I see. These are changes I wish occurred when the game first went to different platforms. What I am curious about is when all these changes took place. I don't pay much attention to who does what or how the devs operate but I would imagine this stuff falls under the category of "unnoticed work". It might explain why things might be feeling a little "extra light" with resources diverted to focus on trying to build a better base. If this is true I hope it works and if this is true I am hoping we are satisfied enough with all that stuff that we can now go back to new content full force. I agree that Legion of Doom is on the "meh" side but I also do like what I see enough to think the old dog may have a few tricks left. We've been through worse holding patterns and dev shuffles. I hope the new guys coming in get it.