DCUO dev has lost it's touch and I'm done with the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NelielTu, Mar 6, 2022.

1. KidKretz Committed Player

in any gaming, i am a big advocate for breaks. Breaks are healthy. maybe disappear for a couple months and come back :)

even good tv shows end after 8-9 years, ppl just need something else to do with their time/life

i was grinding 6-12 hrs a day on feats and alts before stat clamp and then hated the clamp and took a nice break. now i am back to open world mapping, just doing my own thing to make my own fun.

nice read, despite being an i quit post, it gives devs some feedback. i hope they take it and do something with it.

goodluck to ya!
    • Like x 2
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah I agree with this, they need to also find a better balance between what's put on vendors and what's put in loot boxes.

I'm not intending to disrespect the stuff that goes on vendors but sometimes it feels tiered. The super cool stuff is always locked behind the RNG loot boxes and the left overs are chucked on the vendors.

I think they need to sometimes think and go "hey perhaps this shaded comic could go on a vendor".
    • Like x 12
  3. Tiffany6223 Loyal Player

I have played DCUO since I first discovered it in 2014 when I got my new PS4 for Christmas 2013, so I've prob shared with you a lot of the game's up & downs. I can understand your frustrations, your anger, and your disappointment in the game we all love(d), otherwise no one would be on these Forums expressing their passions for DCUO. Your points of contention are valid.

I know how sad it is when the friends I have made over the years on DCUO stop playing, I stay pretty much because of those relationships I have made with my league mates (Thunder Cats Only / Hero) (Justice Girls Dark / Villain) and friends. They are the most wonderful & talented people with such diverse backgrounds, I love them all. So I know the friends you have made will miss you terribly.

I hope you will pop into the game from time to time to keep track of your friends or to see how the game is progressing. Change is always happening. It is how we personally react to the change is what matters to our own being. If leaving is what is best for your own well being, then I wish you well and may you find something that will give you joy once again.

Perhaps the new hires will bring with them new perspectives that will translate into more exciting and enjoyable game play in the future. I doubt anything much can change in the near future to change your mind about leaving but I hope you will keep your character intact so you can check things out at a later time and visit your friends here on DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  4. Slade New Player

It was a promise from the DCUO staff. Mepps has been there from the start and worked when Spylte said our "Batman Inspired" look was exclusive to those of us who came back after the hack. The fact the share holder is now Daybreak doesn't change what was said. The fact Spylte doesn't work there anymore doesn't change the promise. Just because Mepps is now in charge does not invalidate the promise from prior leadership.

My "Ire" is focused at the correct people.
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

I don't care for the Doll skin (I mostly want the feat of course) but I can see how if players asked for it and it got paywalled behind capsule RNG that would sting. I've never cared much for the various rare materials before but I did like the robot accessories and the Comic material. Tried to open Booster Bundles for them but no such luck. Guess I'll have to wait for years till they're on Quark vendor or whatever but I can see how it rankles people that the best unique styles always are super rare and unavailable to most of us. But I've learned to not let that get me upset about the game in general. As for repetitive game play that happens in all games. In that case if you get too bored then take a break and play or do something else. I don't think getting upset at the devs for the game being the way it is fair because there's changes on the way and in fact the game has gotten some updates recently so I think we all got to be a bit more patient. If we're playing exactly the same game in five years or so maybe we can complain then perhaps?
    • Like x 1
  6. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

No offense but would you have come back to DCUO with or without the Batman inspired mask? If the answer is yes you'd come back to play regardless of whatever gift you got for the hacking then while I can sympathize with maybe being a bit taken back when they released something you assumed would be exclusive forever to paying members it's still not as deal breaking as it's made out to be. I'm just not getting the bitterness about something you'd never pay a subscription for if it was the only benefit of subbing in the first place?
    • Like x 1
  7. Solarbound Committed Player

I've been in the same headspace before with this game where it caused me to step away for a few years and it's starting to linger on me again as of recently. Ever since Daybreak had taken over way back in 2014-2015, it was as if the priorities for the direction of this game had shifted entirely, and it simply wasn't being prioritized where it should've been. We began to see content of lesser quality and too many unnecessary changes that became a hinderance to this game.

Ever since those Booster Bundles were introduced, I knew it was trouble. Then, those nonsense Time Capsules came which was a true showing of the company's greed the moment it hit the scene. It's ridiculous how such players get exploited for their money through such cash grabbing tactics. Now we're seeing more of that as of recently with Artifacts and Allies. I want to know who asked for this. I don't think any sane player would.

It's funny, because once upon a time DCUO only needed to survive off of memberships and guaranteed one-time purchases in the marketplace. Which tells you they never needed to introduce such a loot box system in the first place towards this game. We should've been banding together to have it removed. Yet, too many are blinded by the shinies in them to see how detrimental such an addition has been. What's to happen if such actually becomes legislated against here in the States?

Because if it's really about the money for these DEVS, why not convert the styles and cosmetics we get from those horrible RNG loot boxes into actual guaranteed one-time purchase items in the marketplace? Which needs to be revamped. The whole business model needs to be revamped. Although, making all of the playable content free, becoming a true F2P, was a good start.

They simply haven't done enough over the course of its 11 years, especially when it comes to dedicating themselves to the community as a whole. I said it in a previous post, it's starting to feel like too little too late. There's a lot of work to be done if they have any goal in mind to reinvigorate this game or bring it to its fullest potential. When top MMOs on the market set themselves as the gold standard and you see why as the DEVS of those games do for their communities what simply hasn't been done for us here in DCUO, it's very hard to buy into any of the excuses, or even the nonsensical reasoning that follows.

Too many players have stepped away due to such uninspired, lackadaisical effort towards the development of this game. And, here we are looking at another case of that. I guess milk and leech off of what's left until they can't any more, huh? Sad.
    • Like x 6
  8. zNot Loyal Player

While i can agree with you i think the issue is not the lack of inspiration by the devs at all but simply them having to do too much with too little staff (a dev also said something about this which proofed my guess to be right) the creativity would certainly be left behind when you have to rush to get content done.

Also the work conditions dont sound too good when they have 4 devs leaving in 2 years thats for a dev team thats already small. While we do get 2 more devs for episodes im not sure if that will cut it considering how much we lack currently.

I think most of the issues we have with dc are solved by hiring more devs,theres no question or doubt about this in my opinion.
    • Like x 4
  9. Solarbound Committed Player

That's fair. But, they weren't always working under such conditions. Put more blame on the kind of mistakes that turned a greater chunk of their player base away much earlier on. The less you have buying into your product, the lesser staff you can afford. It's that simple. Maybe they need to extend their development window if that's the case or simply place more focus on what matters to the players. Regardless, we're too far along for them to still be figuring things out. Especially after 11 years.
    • Like x 3
  10. Drathmor Unwavering Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

I appreciate the honesty, for what it's worth. We try and will continue to try.
    • Like x 8
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Definetly agreed there. Its surprising how well the community still stays loyal to dc despite all of this. Im sure other games wouldnt survive what dcuo did/does which shows how much potential this game has.
    • Like x 7
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Do or do not.
    There is no try.

Sorry :oops:........ I could not resist. ;)
    • Like x 6
  14. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Making wildly false claims such as this doesn't help your credibility.

You're certainly entitled to your opinions. But not to your own non-facts.
    • Like x 2
  15. ColdFuzion Well-Known Player

You pretty much summoned up the former and the latter state of the game.

Players stay for few simple reasons WHAT IF and I HOPE - The game had potential to be one of best MMOs ever but that time as come and gone. I play with friends from time to time but that's it nothing more.
    • Like x 2
  16. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

So what do you suggest they do, specifically?

"Be different!" isn't a helpful request. Making specific suggestions would be.
    • Like x 1
  17. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Not really, since for some bizarre reason you think Mepps is "in charge" of the game when he's actually the community manager.
    • Like x 1
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

The world would be so much better if everyone just always did what I tell them to.
    • Like x 17
  19. the solowing Steadfast Player

20. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

I blame Mepps for gas prices.
    • Like x 4