DCUO Community Rant Vol. 1

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Solstice Vanguard, Nov 27, 2014.

1. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Stop blaming others for your problems in game
    • Like x 2
  2. TheWhiteFace New Player

Gotta love that signature of yours! :D
    • Like x 1
  3. Billy Sparks Committed Player

I agree WhiteFace.. But stop derailing this post! It's about Pizza Cats not super awesome sigs.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. TheWhiteFace New Player

It's my natural instinct to derail. :D
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  5. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

6. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

To be fair, you're in the Funhouse....where threads will get derailed quickly if it's believed they should be in Gotham.

With regards to your post:

Harrassment in any shape or form is unacceptable - that should be a no-brainer. The real question is how do you get the message that that sort of behaviour is unacceptable through? From what I have heard the "\report" function doesn't always yeild results (although I must admit that I have used it only once, and the response was prompt and appropriate).

Skill points - well, this is a big ol can 'o worms. I have little doubt that I could take a group of experienced players with new characters and minimal SPs and do very well in the higher teir content. But a bunch of newer players? I don't hold out much hope there.

Skill points take time...and they're not entirely skill based either. Additionally, DCUO doesn't really do much in the way of teaching you about them (note that this is entirely based on my recollections of the game when I started a few years back).

I know of at least one player with over 100 SPs (which I assume are appropriately distributed)....his DPS is sub-par, and his awareness of the environment isn't that great (what's the use of a DPS with reasonable burn if he's KOd for most of the fight?). That's just one very specific example where over 100 SPs doesn't actually equate to better burn.
    • Like x 3
  7. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

You don't read well, I see....

Harassment isn't my problem. Sorry to tell you that. I know everyone won't fully grasp this thread and will see it differently, which I understand. I have the right to voice the problem. Don't liek it? Tough! Ignore me and move on but NOPE! I won't stop until I see the change.

In fact, lets go ahead and point you to some links to showcase what I mean. If this is considered blacklisting then the MODS will remove it but I've no intention whatsoever to said blacklist the players; it's merely an example.

Player with an offensive name and is T5 with low unmatching Sp:

http://wavedox.com/worlds/usps/characters/dcik striker

Sexual Suggestive name and is harassed a lot (OBVIOUSLY)

http://wavedox.com/worlds/usps/characters/summer bootiie

MY Troller character:

http://wavedox.com/worlds/usps/characters/emmag frost

READ, man READ!!!

Thanks for your comment.
  8. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

The 1st thing i read on this is "Harassment isn't my problem". Well it clearly is as you wouldn't be complaining about it if it wasn't
  9. Billy Sparks Committed Player

[IMG]

Now back to the real topic

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  10. VintageWine Dedicated Player

No, I got my toons on EUPC pass 80+ SP, let me tell ya, I still don't know much about Paradox, I've got tons of learning to do, when I got my SP, it didn't teach me anything about the raid nor did it teach me about PvP, I suck at PvP. Just ask Sabigya. :^) I do know that one of the bosses in Para, whenever he moves his legs in a certain way, you've got to get out of the way, so I always kept a look out for that.

I learn by asking questions. I'm not going to lie, SP does matter, it gives toons the edge that they need, but that's about it. If one truly wants to be good, ask questions, not only about SP, but understanding content, understanding your role, and power. The amount of SP one has doesn't define a good player, well, that's just my opinion. It does show in a way that you care about your toon, but just because someone has less than you, doesn't make them any less of a player. In general we learn by asking questions, making mistakes and learning from them, eventually the so called bad players will get better.
    • Like x 2
  11. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

• Like x 3
  12. TheWhiteFace New Player

Ya, it probably should be in Gotham. Eh, I'm not an expert on Gotham.
    • Like x 1
  13. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Answers in quote (in Pink).
    • Like x 1
  14. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Please don't be sarcastic, when I'm already aware of this.

And it may not be offensive to you, but to others, well.......I'm pretty much speaking on behalf of those, including myself. I don't find it as disgusting as it is "why would you even name yourself that?!"
  15. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Welcome to the funhouse, home of cats, monarchy under CC. If you are expecting a serious discussion this is the wrong place, all you get is cat pictures :D
    • Like x 5
  16. Billy Sparks Committed Player

[IMG]

83 sp calling people out for having low sp........

[IMG]

Back on topic....

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  17. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

So, from the wall o' text, what I see is you:
    • Are getting unwanted advances and some dude followed your character around
    • Don't like reading the immaturity and vulgarity on chat
    • Put a lot of emphasis on skill points and try to push that on pugs
    • Plan on many more installments of posts like this
    Seems like the last two are the only ones that you have the power to change, and the changes start with you.
    • Like x 1
  18. VintageWine Dedicated Player

You have 83 skill points...can we just stop for a second? ( no, I'm not insulting you for your SP, I don't give a rat's behind )
  19. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

To be fair, her main has 100 :rolleyes:
  20. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Harassment in any shape or form should never be tolerated but sadly the only thing that seems to really work is just using the ignore function.

The trade and shout chats can get pretty bad sometimes which is why I only stick to LFG, League and Group chats.

As far as skill points go I agree that it is beneficial to have more sure but isn't always necessary, in circumstances where it's someone's alt the person may be quite experienced and as others have said a great majority of feats don't require actual skill. You also may understand the importance of skill points which is nice but sorry to say you shouldn't be preaching to others, at least on the forums because people often take offense and it never ends well, especially when you yourself are only just at 100sp which is not a lot either I'm sorry.
    Pls don't take offense to anything I said none was intended and like the others here have said the funhouse may not have been the best place to post a rant. :D