Dawning of a New Era. Hybrids

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by D3vi1, Sep 17, 2014.

1. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

They've all got flavors, pros and cons, so far as I had seen. I am all about Power Back Mechanic trolling in particular, not just WM hybrid, since infinite power is a huge edge that a regular 2nd troll just can't match. I'm gonna go right out and say that a hybrid battery is far better than a regular 2nd troll that can't even pot due to overwriting.

Gadgets wrings a little extra damage out of explosive PI's and dots and can do a small personal HoT at the cost of more restrictive range, being frequently interruptible (BD, EMP/PD and FG). It also has a restrictive loadout since it needs no less than the PBM starter, 3 attacks, a finisher and a power share, all 6 of your slots taken and no room for a supercharge. I'd love to put on Battle Drone but the AM Hybrid bar just doesn't allow for it. After first cast, Battle Display might be a useless spot on your bar but you can still clip it in as a personal HoT.

Quantum is pretty cool because it is only interruptible on Time Bomb casts so it's easy to cover, has flexible range in that it just does less if you have to be long range rather than doing nothing and Distortion wave and Time Shift having varying and huge areas of effect which boosts the finisher's total the more you hit. If your Time Bomb hits nothing, the finisher burst of damage is just transferred to your next weapon attack and still does a large aoe on proc making it very hard to miss completely. Time Bomb doubles as a PBM starter and AM finisher, meaning you have room on your bar for a supercharge or other optional. Also critical: Quantum does not have to hit a target to restore power, greatly alleviating the high risk nature of other battery hybrids as well as extending your usefulness outside of fights. If I have a teammate near empty between waves, I can do my rotation at nothing and fill us both up.

Based on Rokyn's vid, Hard Light has an edge in that it can burst smaller but more frequently and even opt for single damage (the split on aoe-only powersets like Quantum can be quite rough) and comes with the many excellent optional powers HL has, Inspiration in particular or either great supercharge. Not having a finisher or a required number of powers means huge bar freedom, though every hit that triggers the PBM is interruptible. I didn't get an HL high enough to try it myself yet since Rok seemed to have it locked down and no one had done Quantum yet. I also haven't tried mental yet but it seems to function like Gadgets with more lenient range and one free slot for an optional; all in all still pretty great.

Which one is the most fun? There's style points for picking something as difficult as Gadgets, lol, but as long as it's minimum 6 powers it'll be behind the herd. Hard Light does seem really cool and packs a significant team buff, something no one else has. Right now I gotta go Quantum, being rarely interruptible, not needing to hit its target to get damage off or power back and having enormous aoe and freedom of range. It's hard to be imperative without each of these fully leveled to compare with, but if anyone else has findings that differ I'd love to hear it.
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

That was a detailed response!!!!

Lol I was only asking playing a dps, a troller, or a hybrid, which one do you see having the most fun. But I can see the answer.
    That's good that you've experience all trolling powers itself so insights on all powers is very helpful.
    • Like x 2
  3. Crescent Owl New Player

I was thinking about switching over from HL to Fire. I know if i do this damage wise I'll be taking a big hit, but i'm ok with that. Is there away I can make a dps build that can survive. Or should I stick with HL and try to do a tank build? With Fire I would like to throw on some tank gear? any suggestions will be much appreciated
  4. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

I've played with fire. What's cool about a tank power's AM is that it usually involves some personal protection, even in dps. For a solid fire dps that will survive and solo well, try:

[Burning Determination] [Flame Cascade] [Mass Detonation] [Fiery Weapon] [Inferno] [Supercharge of choice]

BD is a cleanse and HoT while setting up burning PI aoe and the Power Back Mechanic. Flame Cascade is a solid cc, gives back power, refreshes your pi, pbm and adds a new pi, volatility. Mass Det refreshes all of those, does huge damage and gives back power. These attacks have to hit on burning targets, so Fiery Weapon, besides a crit buff and additional personal heal, can add pi, as does Inferno, also a great aoe dot. The supercharges all have their uses; Reignition for personal longevity, Volcanic for another Inferno on steroids, Volley for a point-blank killer that does most of all and can't be mitigated by leaving its radius. I'd wear a melee weapon of choice.

Cool thing is you can use the AM from tank stance too, doing some battle tanking while keeping your power full. You can use either/both cleanses to start the PBM which you probably carry as a tank anyway, or you can try Absorb Heat as a solid single target channel stun that starts the PBM, jump cancel if needed, then spam Flame Cascades to anything you want juggled without costing any power.
  5. Crescent Owl New Player

Thanks I'll try it out when I respect on Friday.
  6. Patriarch Defense Active Player

This is Crescent Owl on my PSN login this is weird having SOE and PSN login?
  7. Patriarch Defense Active Player

But yeah it would be nice to be able to have a hybrid Fire DPS that can self heal its self and survive and still do ok damage
  8. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Excuse joined a late match but solo healed throne with hybrid load out with fire tanks
    • Like x 2
  9. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Like a Baws
    • Like x 1
  10. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

More videos soon
    • Like x 1
  11. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Gotta bump this up.
  12. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Hey Everyone, I'm finally back from a long break.

I currently 130 on my Gadgets, Fire and 116 on my electric toons. Has anyone worked out a good vit and resto for the troll/healer hybrid?
  13. Tilz Loyal Player

Welcome Back! :)

Idk about trolls, but more about healer.
    The resto atm can be around 14-15k. To heal endgame content as a heal you are totally fine with around 10-11k.
    The alerts (normal + elite) are very easy, you basically can heal in dps gear. Idk about the new raid (new episode) and the gear (and the stats). But i think around 11-12k resto (or 10k maybe) should be enough to heal it. Sure.. the group has to be good, but you're experienced in hybrid i guess^^
  14. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Does defibrillator have a small heal?
  15. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Thanks for the quick response! That's exactly what I need to know.
    They did some tweaking to vitalization and power back mechanic so I would actually have to look into it.

The new alert is definitely they best place to have a hybrid! Running 3 DPS and 1 troll is actually quite fun!
  16. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Last time I check, no.

Maybe you thinking battle awareness?
  17. HymnOfMercy Dedicated Player

Ahh ok. I was only asking.
  18. dr strangeonline Loyal Player

HL is capable of Hybrid Trolling in DPS stance. The way the Power Refund mechanic works(and that the power return is increased by the ViT stat) makes this possible.

It has a lower than average damage possibility but is still above average support damage.

Ideally a player would spec into all crit innates, Wear a few pieces of controller gear, Spend as much in the WM Might/Prec innates as possible. They would also wear the a mix of HT mods that can benefit controller and DPS role. Things like the Max Damage mod/Core Strength, Escalating Replenishing Procs etc.

The Player would use Brawling for their weapon. They would mix between the Clipping AM and the Combo AM for damage and power regen.

Loadout would contain
    • Chompers(or Spike Quake), Fan, Grasping Hand, Recharge, Light Barrier, Group Shielding.
    They would need to cast Chompers to start the power refund mechanic and then could cast Fan>IMP/GH>Fan/Fan. Repeating this to refund power and clipping with Recharge to dump power to teammates. When Power Bars are mostly full they would stay in the combo's to achieve higher DPS. While retaining Supply Drops, Trinkets, Super Charges to help aid the team in power.
    Playing this way is fine. Personally I find that a Support DPS(at least for Light) will do more damage than a Controller but doesn't have as high of a power return ceiling. It does very well though. Especially as an alternative to running two controllers or in older content that gropu s can just smash through. It's really up to the players to decide since "Battle Trolling" is also very capable of dealing good damage.
    The change coming with Support Roles receiving AM damage is going to also have an effect on this too as support roles will be capable of doing enhanced damage.
    But No matter what its up to the user to decide how they want to build their character and interact with groups.
    I have a damage Hybrid Armory for when I choose to use it but I also spec and build my troller to do good damage in support stance. Each style of play is fun.
    • Like x 1
  19. Tilz Loyal Player

Yw. About vit. The new gear jas insane stats, especially for support roles