Dawning of a New Era. Hybrids

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by D3vi1, Sep 17, 2014.

1. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Dawning of a new era. Hybrids

For the longest time, hybriding was considered taboo. Players was unable to play one role, it was absurd to consider a player attempting both.

Now with the ability to spec into crit abilities, given the amount of skill points, Hybriding is actually achievable.

Clarification:

Certain terms was used in the past. Maybe it's time to actually give a proper label.
    I've noticed, there are support roles that does quite the amount of damage. Battle "Support" was the term used.

Hybrids would be in DPS role, attempting to additionally provide a significant amount of support to aid the team.

Pro:

There're certain benefits from having an on the ready hybrid build. I'm going to use an example of my Electric Hybrid.
    During a lock down, one of our healers wasn't able to be revived after being one shot. By switching to Hybrid form, I was able to finish the raid solo healing while still maintaining an above average dps.

Other scenarios could be used but the idea is still the same.

Con:

If the team isn't paying attention, being reckless while having a hybrid healer would just cost a wipe.

Introduction:

To start this thread off, this isn't a guide on how to play Hybrids. This thread is intended to have an open discussion on how hybriding is possible and successful in PVE content.

In quite a few MMO's, there has been plenty of DPS roles with a support mechanics that was easily used while doing damage, whether it be healing, tanking or controlling.

In DCUO, with the amount of skill points players can achieve, a player is able to spec into all critical chance and critical damage which covers the damage aspect while having additional points spec into critical healing or power. (I've mention only healing and controlling because I've already successfully completed raids using Gadgets and Electric Hybrids)

I'm hoping to to reserve the first few threads listing successful builds, crediting the player with detailed info on how they "Hybrid".
    The following threads would be use for actual discussion and Q&A. I know it's a touchy subject for those that only play controller or healer or even tanks. Hybrids aren't intentionally something that would rid those roles. There will be times where the group would prefer a primary healer or controller to play those roles. This is just an opportunity to be able to play in a certain way that's different and can proven to be quite entertaining.
    • Like x 18
  2. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  3. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

• Like x 4
  4. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Not sure if this is possible. Would like to just go ahead and reserve a spot for tanks. I can see more of battle tanks rather than actual hybrids depending on the actual power itself.
  5. FameYack Committed Player

135 SP would be an ideal goal for SP:
    • Movement Mode = 1
    • 2 WM (with all 3 crits) = 44 (or 43)
    • All 2 Crits = 90
    As DPS there are powers for Healing or bursting Powers (accordingly)
    Plus SC, Extended SC and SD (even SideKicks)

So it is Very Likely,
    And i saw once an Hybrid / Battle healer (he played DPS and switchedto Healer for the boss)
    who could Tank, Troll (SC) and Heal while DPSing

Some powers are better than others i think and I would like a nice Hybrid Nature loadout

How is it working your hybrid Gadget loadout :eek:
    Are you able to keep the Gadgets AM?
    Does it also mean some hybrid gear?
    • Like x 1
  6. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

For my gadgets, its necessary to mix gear. I try to get 15 to 1600.

Ive been hybridding with gadgets before am. Now with am, the power and damage makes it very viable
    • Like x 1
  7. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

All my hybrids remain in dps role
  8. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I do feel like some power outshines others in regards to hybrids.

Also, with hl power back mechanic i already have a rotation im using to hybrid
    • Like x 1
  9. FameYack Committed Player

That's a clever idea,
    It is a good number to get a decent Burst and SC Pot
    Does it also affect Sidekick and SD power restored or are those standard?
  10. Remander Steadfast Player

I've been toying with the idea since you first spoke of it on test. Celestial might make a viable hybrid. You do lose the 65% healing buff by being in DPS stance, and your shield strength is significantly weaker, so Blessing wouldn't be worth it. There are also certain abilities that simply will not heal in DPS stance (Admonish, Consume Soul, Divine Light). There is still a lot of potential, though. Your main DPS buff, Anoint, also buffs resto. I'm fairly certain you can still get the 5% crit healing chance and magnitude with the Blight to Admonish (BcA) combo in DPS stance. Malediction to Benediction (McB) heals rely on precision damage already. Retribution to Wither (RcW) and Plague to Divine Light (PcDL) will still purify enemies. Renew will burst heal, but it's only single target. Guardian's Light might work, but it's probably too big a PP investment. Cursed Idol (CI) is a great mix of damage and healing. I still have to mess with it some more and look for a good resto to precision ratio, but I think it's doable. Possible loadout: Renew (+/-Curse), BcA, McB, Anoint, PcDL, CI. You could just not bother with BcA, as it would really just be for healing crit buffs. Put RcW in it's place. Could also drop CI to free up a PP and run with Benediction to Malediction (BcM), too. You can McB/BcM and get double tick heals on 8 players from the cM precision DoT. Alternate loadout: Renew, RcW, McB, BcM, Anoint, PcDL. Going to have to try this. ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Im actually not using sc or anything like that anymore.

Im just using 3xpi, defib, battle display and emp. Thats all you need for my gadgets hybrid
    • Like x 1
  12. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

This information was provided by Penryn on the Gadget Guide by theDark here https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-everything-gadgets.318/page-180#post-2832341

For more information on Gadgets itself or how Gadgets Advance Mechanic works, check out the first page.
    • Like x 1
  13. Penryn The Gadgeteer

For the Gadgets loadout that D3vi1 likes to use - 3x PI, EMP, BD, Defib - I calculated you need at least 1600-1650 vitalization to pull it off with our current top-level gear. The best way to pull that off is to use a Vit soder and swap in the Controller chest. My calculations are based on the assumption that you have a primary Controller throwing a 300 pot tick and the average positive power returns given by D3vi1's Gadgets AM rotation. Obviously it works better if you have more Vit, but you start to sacrifice your offensive stats then.

About the math breakdown:
    You need to cover a 645 power cost for Defib every 5 seconds. Pot gives you 300. With 1600-1650 vitalization, EMP gives 100 and each of the 3x PI gives 90. Your weapon regen gives 150 power over 5 seconds.
  14. Spacedude2 New Player

I've seen someone, can't remember who (Feenicks?) talking about healer tanks with Fire. Also, I can see someone attempting a counter controller Rage tank specifically countering Rage Crash with using high vitalization and health to absorb the crash and rebound. I myself attempted a Sorcery healer with tank like qualities. Still working on that one.
  15. blklightning New Player

Let's face it... there are a TON of mediocre trollers and healers in the game. How nice would it be to be able to supplement their job w/o having to actually switch to the off role? I dig it.

Rem, I bet that w/ your Cel loadout and me using D3vi1's Electric loadout, that we could heal a raid w/o having any full healer.

Anything to break the monotony of solo healing. Love the loadout, but... been there done that = snooze.
    • Like x 3
  16. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I've thought about this. The main thing is to be able to apply those support capabilities while being in DPS role.

I've witnessed a rage tank with dps gear tanking artifacts. It was a group effort, we used talented trollers to support in CC'ing the adds to the tank.

And sorcery healers has been known to tank things all the time. But again, I want to focus on the capabilities of the power in dps. I've seen sorc dps using guardians all the time to help and that's pretty awesome!

For the most part, hybriding isn't just on the player itself. It's the team effort as well.

Some things to consider, theDark made a lot of post about bringing back the responsibilities of CCing to controllers. Like having a DPS(Tank power) using the taunting consumable, then shield up. Any strays would be put in their place by trollers, etc etc. This is random thoughts. Its a little more work but I think I would have a lot of fun being a tank or the controller for these raids hehehe.

Another thing I wanted to talk about.

We obviously have different powers in this game. Gadgets, HL, Quantum, Mental, Fire, Ice, Earth, Rage, Sorc, Celestial, Nature and Electric, with the upcoming of 3 additional powers.

Each power has special characteristics about themselves. Gadget's has PI's. Mental has mass CCs. Earth and Sorc has pets. The list goes on.

So we go back on how this could be towards Hybrids.

Like other MMO's, we have DPS with additional abilities, like healing or giving power. What if we become more creative.

Is it possible to have a HL Hybrid that could CC? What if we manage to raise their Dom somehow? The damage will always be there, but what if they are able to control the adds while burning them? How viable would that be in Survival Mode?

It doesn't have to be just HL Hybrid Power. What if we developed different classes of DPS with a power.
    Controller powers that could DPS and CC at the same time. The possibilities becomes endless!
    • Like x 3
  17. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

I've attempted Celestial as a healer/troll. As for tank...celestial could definitely do a tank type roll
    I will definitely look more into it.
    • Like x 2
  18. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Actually, lets get crazy, Anything you can come up with, bring it!
    • Like x 1
  19. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Also, for any stats lacking, consider using a soda to cover it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Spacedude2 New Player

Very true on that! You mentioned dominance raising. Bulldozer Soder does that.