Dawning of a New Era. Hybrids

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by D3vi1, Sep 17, 2014.

1. FlexVibrant Well-Known Player

probably most interesting thread in this forum right now
    • Like x 3
  2. Guilty_iNNOCENCE8o8 New Player

This may or may not have been mentioned earlier in this thread, but a "hybrid tank", by the specification of being in DPS stance is just not viable. While you may be able to spec, say, a Fire DPS with tank-ish attributes + gear/mods and be survivable, you just cannot replace the way tanks gain and hold aggro. The tank stance is what grants us tanks superior aggro grabbing capabilities- not gear, SP allocation, or mods- it's the stance. Again, this may have been stated earlier, don't feel like sifting through 11 pages to find it. This idea is delegated for healer and troll support roles. I do have a healer and troll, though. I think this idea would work exceptionally for a "back-up troll" build. Example:

-Quantum troll as back up in Lockdown
    -DPS gear mixed with troll gear- make sure vit is 3000 or above and dom above minimum required (SP allocation considered)
    -Max damage mod & that vit boosting white mod for the neck are highly recommended
    -SP allocation- one ranged WM combo, rest get criticals, at least all critical attack chance buffs, and as many power crit buffs as possible (dom recommended). If able to get some bottom tier might/precision or vit/power innates, go for it.
    -Powers- I haven't built this build yet, I am compelled to do so. I'm thinking (pardon, i'll use general power description rather than the power name in some cases here)
    <shield><recharge><weapon buff (also a PI starter)><high burst dps power with PI/robot sidekick><group shield><singularity maybe?>

On paper, with a great PoT troll who can debuff well, this build would be an excellent compliment to a raid like Lockdown and easier. Maybe even Love and War with a good enough group and player using this build.

Great thread. I plan on testing this build. I'll post my findings. Thank you for re-inspiring me :) p.s. I have 167 SP, not the most, but should be enough to fill out key criticals. Power point allocation is my main concern atm, especially which Iconic innates I can get with my ideal loadout.
    • Like x 2
  3. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

I have completely modded out my character, so I am running in CR 111 Controller Gear, but I play in DPS stance. I went Might/Vit everywhere Red and Yellow, and went Dom/Vit for the blues. I have a little over 3600 vitalization in this stance. I mentioned all this in my first post, including loadout (which is TBolt, MLev, Pyro, PE, PR, and Bastion).

In response to your editted comment, I am in DPS stance, so no point in a PoT power or debuffs. Can't do that in DPS role...which is why I'm using AM. But I guess you must be assuming I was in controller stance...which I am not. But I am playing as a controller in the sense I am keeping the team powered. :)

Edit: Although I am now CR 111, I was doing this from CR 80 and up, and did it successfully.
    • Like x 1
  4. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Hey Guys and Gals,

I've been taking a break from the game lately but still read the forums on my off time. There's been an incident in the family and it's been difficult trying to get free time.

Hopefully I'll be back before the new DLC. Liking a lot of peoples input. I'll start posting links to the description of everyone's own hybrid styles.
  5. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

I'm finally back from my break. How you guys doing? Any new theories has been developed?

I hope there are more successful stories to catch up on from everyone that didn't play it the way it was designed and played it successfully the way you guys and gals build it.
    • Like x 1
  6. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Incidentally I'm just returning today as well. Looking into PC now that cross play is happening and my rig is stronger than my old *** ps3.
    • Like x 2
  7. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

Still just been making believers out of people :p
    • Like x 1
  8. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

new hybrid video incoming this weekend for new content teaser at the end of this video

• Like x 2
  9. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

coming back, I'm having to hybrid because we have no trollers.

It's great to be back
    • Like x 1
  10. Tilz Loyal Player

what's new?? well.... still battlehealing the new alerts as celestial in healerrole.
    6,2k resto
    2,6k prec

easy going. ;)
  11. leapoffaithninja Committed Player

Here is update to hybrid battle load-out video had a lot of fun running this again

• Like x 1
  12. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Doing well bringing up a quantum hybrid. Will record and share once it's a little higher in sp; I'm under 90 and nearly full troll gear to compensate so it's damage isn't as high as it would be.
    • Like x 1
  13. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

That's awesome, I can't wait to see the build.
  14. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

The basis of it is having enough power to afford time bomb, 3 attack powers (i do d wave, tach blast and shift) and 2 extortions. As long as your power refills to full you should be functional. I do TB>Ext, DWave, TachBlast>Ext, TimeShift, repeat, keeping time bomb and Extortion on cooldown at all times. I wear a shield for lunges though if you wanted a tap triangle I'd suggest brawls. My last slot is optional; I'm running Time Loop but there are plenty of potent options.
  15. Tikkun Loyal Player

My league has been running Throne Elite with a full solo troll and a full dps with instant power. It works extremely well.
    • Like x 1
  16. Galil ACE Well-Known Player

Are the movement inmates not worth taking?
  17. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

As of right now they do next to nothing. 150 power back if you break out of specific types of cc; even if you get it off reliably it's a drop in the bucket for current power scores and costs. Still waiting on a proper overhaul on movement trees.
  18. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

This is brought up a lot so I thought it bears repeating: pot ticks are really inconsequential to powering out. A pot tick hits once every five seconds, occasionally twice on a double tick, for a smaller amount than a power share. Being able to get off power shares from cooldown, every 2 seconds, without burning out more than cancels out the need for pot. The vit score loss of not being in troll stance drops the amount you do put out, placing it about even with a pot and share troller. The fact that shares only reach 3 allies instead of 7 is the only reason you'd need to battery in troll stance: for solo trolling raids.

Observable fact: the times when I've played hybrid battery with people over my cr and therefore was harder to keep full saw no difference when I switched armory to control stance and tried again. The advantage of higher vit and pot effect is cancelled out by not being able to spam share nonstop. In the case of alerts, you also get the role optional buff of an occasional free pot when playing hybrid. Playing a good hybrid is harder, but the benefit is much higher damage out.
    • Like x 1
  19. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

JztheDragon,

I would like to say thank you for continuing to keep this thread active.

Quick question, after playing both troll/dps and hybrid, which one do you feel is more fun?

I think what gets me continuing playing this game is probably playing hybrid the most
  20. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Updated Hybrid Healing Section with your video post.
    • Like x 1