Dawning of a New Era. Hybrids

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by D3vi1, Sep 17, 2014.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

dude u understand this is ok and even fun while we are op or in alerts. the alerts we kinda are 2 strong for. NO WAY THIS IS OK FOR NEW TOP TIER CONTENT. lol if u wanna argue lets change gamer tags and see how the hybrids due when a new hard raid comes out. solo content and being OP this stuff is fun. no doubt about it. be aware new people read this and might get the wrong impression
  2. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

You do present some compelling evidence, but I'll refer you to the video recordings of people successfully running hubrid builds, satisfying their support role while contributing quality damage, in new content, getting finish times way faster than a conventional team setup. But that's alright, let's go with what you said.
  3. TheDark Devoted Player

D3vi1's mentioned when and where it may not work. I'm pretty positive most of us have mentioned it in the thread so if anyone does get the wrong impression then they aren't reading through the thread carefully.

Also, top tier content isn't difficult anymore. More than likely the stats we are given when we first enter is enough to heal/power the instance. Anything more is just icing on the cake. So speccing/focusing on damage is just a contribution. If someone feels they need higher stats for the content, I'm talking "top tier" then they can go for it. But if someone is better and able to play their support while doing damage, then I'd just prefer/support them.
    • Like x 2
  4. Tilz Loyal Player

Any1 has experience with nature hybriding/battlehealing?
  5. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Just to be fair, hybrids are case by case scenario. It was never meant to be something you do everytime. It's more as needed. If the group doesn't need it, why should you go in as a hybrid? Amirite?

The first set of groups to take down nexus and dox didn't employ hybrids but they sure did glitch the raids right?

Nothing is gonna be like Nexus or Dox anymore. War of the Light 1 and 2, you can easily beat it without the dlc gear prior to it. Halls of Power DLC can be beaten with the prior gear as well. So bringing up Dox and Nexus is not necessary.

Like I said on the first post, it's only for different cases. You can use good judgement whether or not you can handle it or whether you can't.

This post is not that much different from the first one.

the alerts for the current DLC is easy. So again, unless you feel its too hard, you shouldn't be using a hybrid build.

The all caps about new top tier content? What is new top tier content in this game?
    The comment about wanna argue and lets change gamer tags? When new hard raids come out? Lets get new hard content first, then lets see what happens.

And ofcourse I'm aware of new people reading it. They also read the part about it being a case by case scenario. I've explained it before that I used my gadget hybrid when a support troller is dead and we got through the raid no problem with no time loss. I also filled in for a healer when the solo healer died. Unless you missed that, I would assume you was the new reader that got the wrong impression.
    • Like x 1
  6. lukelucky Devoted Player

cant speak about the last 2 dlcs. hurt myself petty bad b4 league bases hit and not back fully yet. going to use the free month to get back in. to hear the last 4 raids were no challange at all is deepresing. dox and nexus was no different than countless other raids. i cant say whats to come but to think of having a game that never gives me that type of challange that fos2 did or dawn. dawn was bad i mean some groups just died in the fist room and often it took two groups to take out talia.

for the life of me i cant remeber which batcave kicked peoples tails. i do remember khan was insane when nobody was OP. they cant ake that stuff out of the game. i hope they dont.

you said the first people to beat nexus glitched it. no sir. my first win had me and two other cr94 guys in it and was rounded out by ce95 guys. if they could of found a guy who was cr 95 they would of took them. we just had so many replays we got out ahead of most people. we had a goup whose work schedule is flexable and that were doing petty well cash wise. buddy i think the real reason those two raids failed was the loot rewards. had we been able to buy 87 or 88 gear it would of allowed more groups to of beat them.

at the end of the day to keep the die hards around u need stuff like that. guys who pay to play since year one hearing the lasr 4 aids was a joke is depressing. hey bud happy holidays
  7. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

So really, you're just making a big fuss even though you haven't been around the game for awhile after origin crisis.

Anyways, please read a little more from the first thread because I've already made it clear. The hybrids are for case by case. I'm not broadcasting this as a way of playing standards. It's a different pace and a little more fun and self challenging.

Your on this thread reminiscing the old days which is true, those days people would have to play their main roles. But those days are long over, to bringing up comments like TOP TIER HARD RAID DON"T YOU DARE DO IT when this game hasn't really had a challenge that could really make this comment any more credible. Coming back from a big break, please do a little more research on current dlcs before trying to bring down an idea of how people play that has been successful.
    • Like x 2
  8. lukelucky Devoted Player

do you understand your now useing my initial notation here to argue with me? its case by case and not for every instance. i know there is part of one raid people still glitch. a thread came up days ago where a guy was upset it was not fixed and everyone was glitching. he was asking for a fix because he could notbfind a group who wanted to go no glitch.

just a little fyi bud. hybrids are far from new or as the title says dawning of a new age. since year one guys whose skill points were over a hundred could do decent with damage in alt roles. you said i should educate myself a bit more after you agree with my points because i have been out 14 weeks. lol good one bud. who will spend money on a game thats challange free? not many and dcuo has to do something to get numbers up. look at LFG the last year and compare it to say just b4 operations hit. huge difference. so the demand is there and we will get a splash of both. i cant see this going anywhere possative so thanks for speliing out my points and happy holidays bud
  9. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Yeah bud! Be possative! You know nothing, I've been playing since day one and you can't tell me squat. I 'member when raids were tough and when peoples were true hybrids. You young buds ain't seen nothin'!

EDIT: I'm just messing with you lol. You bring up good points though. Like we say hybrid builds aren't the best solution but they are still there for people to use. It depends on the situation.
    • Like x 1
  10. D3vi1 Dedicated Player

Hey Luke, maybe we got off on the wrong foot. Or myself for that matter.

I re-read your post and there was a few things that bothered me in those post. Each post you've made, you've explained yourself afterwards which didn't bother me afterwards, but it kept on going. One thing bothered me, then you respond afterwards in the next post that made it ok.

Going through what you wrote, you're exactly right.

This thread was made as a central thread for other players whom have already been hybriding and post their testimony of their success. This thread isn't the beginning of the actual Hybrid. It's the beginning of players openly putting minds together to have their hybrids recognized.

During the FOS days, there wasn't a secondary tier of innates to invest (Atleast during the beginning), so trollers could easily have enough SP to invest in both Crit Damage, Crit Chance and cunning to boost their stats both as a dps and troll. Gadgets had a very versatile power tree, you can literally be spec for a troll but use the same powers invested to DPS with out respeccing.

The problems in the past, was that it was bad taboo for any role to play anything other then their role. People still did it discreetly and as the game progress, it became more possible.

Origin Crisis was a great DLC, the fact you had to do extra farming in order to even beat those raids. But those days are over. On another note, I actually was battle trolling during those days without anyone knowing. I wanted to prove a point that trollers didn't have to have full gear, extreme vit, just to finish a raid.

Back on topic, since you've been away, there has been 3 DLC. War of the Light 1 (dailies, alerts, raid) that could be beaten instantly with last DLC Gear, Amazon Fury (solo, duos, alert) that could be easily beaten with last DLC Gear, Halls of Power, same situation, all these content could be beaten with current Gear. Now we have War of the Light 2, which could be beaten with last DLC gear as well.
    So your comment, we've became so overpowered that this really made it possible. (With exception of a competent group).

I usually don't go into a raid as a hybrid. I play DPS mainly in my league. Unless a situation became urgent, a troller died, our solo healer died, tank having issues staying alive, solo healer having a little tough time, the list goes on. That's when I start rotating out hybrids to see what makes the raid easier for the team. In our league runs, we dont' want to leave anyone behind. We want them to actually finish content. With that being the case, the hybrids that I play, help ensure that even if there are issues, we can work around it and resolve it without losing much time.

In the alerts of any kind, there will be moments where we will be short roles. Troller, healer. My hybrids can cover that in DPS role. Those content, I will come in as a hybrid if necessary just to get the content over with. In raids, I will just play by ear. It's not the first thing I do, or going into the raid, I'm not gonna say, I'm eventually gonna have to go hybrid. I play my role to the fullest up until I notice we are spending too much time here, that's when I adjust.

I hope this clears anything up. This isn't the standard. It's just another way of playing. I like to have fun and this style is the best in my opinion for me.
  11. lukelucky Devoted Player

first bud thanks you seem like a stand up dude. on here kinda rare. i easily admit i not only make a point but i drill it in which is sometimes bit much. the only confusion i had was when i first came into the thread. i have played the game since year one, (2 months after release) with zero breaks and used the forums the last year and a half ruffly. the confusion was based off the topic's title and the few comments i read it seemed as if this was a thread with a group of guys who believed this was the new right way.

my time away was due to a pretty bad back injury and i only missed league bases, league DLC, and now WOTL2. league bases litteraly came out 3 days after i was hurt. the content ive missed is very small. by the sounds of it it was a dissapointment. we were suppose to of gotten a hard raid. they devs stated ffos2, dawn and such saying we would still get something on par with them to provide us a challange. are you saying we did not get anything a talented player would call tuff?

showing my support i have 2 armories set up as a hybrid type build on my main and 1 on each of the other 3 toons i run. deffinately a fun way to go. back in the early days i remeber a mental troller who was often tops in damage.
  12. JZtheDragon Well-Known Player

Been away for a spell. I am curious if HL's am facilitates recharge with PBM? I've been curious about hl since they did its overhaul.
  13. L T Devoted Player

I believe that the arbiter of destiny is always in healer role, so if you are set up for dps in all ways but have arbiter in your load out, switching to arbiter nerfs your damage and boosts your restoration. I do not believe the watcher heals when you are in dps mode. It didn't seem to last time I tested it.

ALSO... the Fury is CR based, not stat based. So if you lack an armory you can gear as a full healer, spend skill points on resto and crit heals and whatnot, and if your in damage mode with the fury in your load out you'll do pretty good damage as long as you keep him powered with RW (or offering if you have the power points for it). You won't do a lot of healing this way (at least I never could) but the damage is great with a simple rotation shard -> circle of destruct -> wm -> shard -> wm -> shard -> etc while keeping RW on cool down.

If you did this and had arbiter of destiny you could suddenly switch to a full-on spam heals mode when your group needed it. Assuming you had supercharge.
  14. Rokyn Dedicated Player

Here's the Hybrid Light build I've been working on for a while. Didn't need much vit for it. It's mainly single target based. I'm working on a more AoE oriented build and a melee build in the future. I've messed up a couple times in the raid but it's viable. Must have Dazed PI up on enemies in order to get power back. If you hit a non Dazed enemy by you then you will not get power back. I used Inspiration as a timer for the Dazed PI. Whenever power is needed immediately, cast a power into a combo and then clip said combo with Fan/Recharge. Rotating DPS Trinkets, walking over supply drops, and using nearby buffs helps with damage. Use PDFs to pickup teammates.

On the side I'm also working on Hybrid consisting of infinite HL combos but instead of getting power back, you use brawlers to regenerate power fast through infinite comboing. Clipping with recharge and Inspiration and with enough vit to help the team with power.

EDIT: Funny note, my hybrid build has the Blue Lantern styles but with green constructs. Get it? A hybrid Lantern? Like Kyle Rayner? lol
    • Like x 2
  15. Minrath Well-Known Player

the way to do it is to get rid of the DPS role totally and make all class/powers able to do both.This would free up one spec, a second set of gear needed and everyone would choose a power for what they liked.I know on my gadget before 43 I liked trolling, now though I dont like trolling on my gadget and still really dont on my light but thats because I geared dps only on him because of light claws, but I only troll on my mental or quantum.However if I only had to collect role specific gear and could dps too well that would be better since really when your trolling everyone wants to only use your POT and your dump.If you try ccing they all get po'd and boot you.
  16. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

I had played as a hybrid battery Mental player since Mental gained AM. I found it to be quite successful. Typically, I play as a pure battery, so I would go in full troller gear and troller mods, and use AM's mechanics to keep myself powered and use my power dump to keep my team powered.

I typically outdamage all support roles (Tanks/Trolls/Healers) by atleast 1.5-2x damage. I don't compete with the DPS guys, but that's not my goal. I am a hybrid but am taking on a full support role. Plus, I enjoy impressing my teammates with my power output.

As a CR111 / SP 105, I have about 3800 might, and 3640 vitalization (vit)while in DPS stance (and full on Troll gear). I use the following loadout:
    Telekinetic Bolt (TB), Mass Levitation (ML), Pyrokenesis (Pyro), Psychic Empowerment (PE), Psychic Resonance (PR), Bastion.

My attack chain is simple: Start with Psychic Resonance (to start AM), then attack with TB --> ML/PE. I throw in Pyro for DoTs (and additional damage), but typically that's my entire attack chain. I tested the chain and determined I can hit PE 12 times in a 30 second time frame (so once every 2.5 seconds). Every time I hit PE, it dumps 470 power. I crit approximately 1/3rd of the time for about 690 power. So on average I supply ~540 power back to the 3 lowest teammates every 2.5 seconds.

The other great thing about this loadout/attack chain, is the super regen for SC everytime I hit ML. Since I use ML every 2.5 seconds, my SC regenerates very quickly which allows me to use Bastion (my team shield that supplies power over time) more often. Although I don't require my trinket or Bastion to keep the team powered, I have them to fallback on in case of interrupts or heavy power users. In the end, I am able to supply MUCH more power to my team as a Hybrid Battery than I can as a Troller. As a troller (with Vit at 4000), my PoT ticks for 360 every 5 seconds, but I am unable to spam my PE.

For any alert or duo, my teammates blue bar is always at full...unless I get interrupted by stuns, etc. As for raids, I like playing as the backup battery. So we find a troller to run PoT and do their normal thing, and I back them up with constant spamming of my power dump. I've done this successfully in L&W. The only sad thing is no one knows your contributions in a raid unless you're playing with League Mates...they just assume the troller is a badass. (One exception, I once solo'd the power duties in the Necro Raid with a semi-PUG team. It was stressful, but the team stayed powered thanks to my Hybriding).

The one thing I miss is the crowd controlling, but I found TB to still knock back enemies even as a hybrid (ML works on occasion too). So in the end, I am all Hybrid, and I've been changing many opinions about hybrids in pick up groups since I've made this loadout.

My character is Telepathic GGirl, so if anyone recalls playing with me, you can attest to my capabilities.
    • Like x 1
  17. TheWhiteFace New Player

I have also played as a hybrid controller/DPS. It's good for solos that you normally can't survive as a Controller and duos. I don't really recommend having a hybrid in alerts. You should try to find an actual DPS. Hybrids are nice for raids since you could get two actual DPS to output some good damage for the group thereby justifying the Hybrid.

I discovered a way to "cheat" the AM into giving me constant heals and practically unlimited power for solos. The method is workable but not exactly the best method one could use for solo survival and so on. All one would have to do is spam PR and a power used in the AM, clip it with PR and rinse repeat. You could also use Mass Terror or Mass Levitation (either clipped with PR) for extra power when the bar is low. I'm not sure if anyone else has used this method before.

My survival rotation:
    (clipped with) PR > Tele. Push > clipped with PR > Mass Terror > Repeat

You could swap out a power that applies terror instead if you want to. However I think Tele. Push has the quickest cooldown in comparison to the other AM powers. (Not including Mass Lev. and Mass Terror.) If it's true then this allows me to gain power back quickly and then clip the power.
  18. jamesbopp43 Committed Player

TheWhiteFace,

I should be more specific. In an alert, I would be replacing a troller, not a DPS. My build isn't for burning, but for battery. If I'm running solos, I would just use the typical AM combo (AM1, AM2, AM3, then AM finisher) and use all DPS gear. For support (Alerts, Raids, and the occasional Duo), I will use the loadout previously mentioned (above) and use all Troll Gear. The point of being a Hybrid Battery is to do more damage than the typical troller. I get to use the 60% damage mod, plus I never have to worry about my power or my teammate's power. This allows the other teammates to use their strongest powers whenever they seem fit. So perhaps I'm not out damaging anyone, but my contributions are leading to an overall improvement on the team DPS.

I'm glad you found a way to constantly gain health while in solo's as DPS mode though. It's quite creative. However, I don't believe it's worth sacrificing the AM finisher damage by constantly getting the small heals from PR. Personally when I solo, I keep a distance with ML and use a rotation of TPush --> TBolt --> PsyShock --> ML (so I get full AM damage on my finisher). TBolt and ML supplies me with some CC, enough such that I can attack with TPush or PsyShock and by the time the Adds stand up, TBolt or ML knocks them again...they never get an attack off against me. I do this a lot in the Daily Historic District missions in Battlezone Metropolis.
  19. TheWhiteFace New Player

Exactly what role, loadout, and gear/mods would you be running?

Edit: Read it over one more time. You could replace a power with a PoT power. I'd suggest getting rid of the AM powers and substituting in debuffs or powers that will allow you to revive team-mates. Assuming that you're using the loadout that you mentioned in your previous post for controlling in the Controller role with controller mods and gear... Since the AM does not work for controllers.

I've done the latter. It is pretty nice for solos and daily missions. The healing method is just purely for healing- not my main go-to strategy. If of course you interrupted my previous reply as, "I use this healing method as my go-to strategy in solos". :p

By the way, (hint-hint) there is a reply button at the bottom right corner of each post. It will allow you to quote other fellow members and it may also give them a notification that you have quoted them/replied to them. :)
  20. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Anyone try Fire Battle Tanking?