Cross Play Name Consolidation and FAQ

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duce2duce New Player

OK I have been playing DCUO from the beta and I use every technical advantage to make DCUO run smoothly on my PS$ I use an external temperature and air flow control to keep the ps4's operating temperatures running smoothly I also run a solid state hard drive. None of the improvements that I use on my PS4 break the terms of my warranty. I notice that I have a faster load time compared to other PS4's. I ran the same setup on my PS3's and paid an arm for the first solid state drive I bought. The advantage in just loading alone sold me on using only the best newest technology for my gaming. Now I seem to be told that I cannot play DCUO on the very best hardware as I cannot transfer my account to my $15000 computer?????? In the beginning I was strictly a PC gamer on my $10000 computer I bought way back in 1998 (Piece of crap computers today still don't even compete with my oldie goldie with tech from the 90's).
    Now I am deciding to get back into PC gaming and have my computer built and ready to go.

Recently I received notification about a server merge between the console edition and PC edition of DCUO that was supposed to happen in the first year of DCUO or its earliest point. THE GAME WAS SOLD TO PEOPLE WITH THIS IN MIND. Back then we figured you'd be able to sign in using a computer and use your toons you made on the console as the are THE SAME GAME. Its like trying to tell me that I cannot access my toons I made on the PS3 from the PS4 I need to go make a new account and start from the beginning.

What I am saying is unfair about this merge is that I as a console player am not being offered the same option to use the best technology available to play the game in a fair environment. Even a system wide throttle would not work as it didn't work in dust and will not work here.

As an example in dust I can spawn out faster than the rest of the team and drop a link that the whole rest of the team comes in on and I get all the points, unfair advantage of the SSD.

Now in my PC for $15k it has the ability to compete with the PC players as is and it seems that I cannot use my fair advantage to play against the PC players. Like an upgrade is being offered but your unable to buy into it just participate as a rag doll. Yes I tried to play PVP on my PS3 with the SSD when the PS4's hit DCUO, and I still got leveled by not being able to see the objectives and players kicking my *** about. I own 2 PS4's one with a SSD and one with a regular drive, as to test the hardware difference. I also have 2 PS3's here with the same setup. When I invite my self to an alert group I give you 1 guess as to which PLAYSTATION loads last and which one out of the 4 systems either lags bad or goes all wonky and I have to reset it. My internet for these tests cannot be the problem as I use a bridged connection using a 60 mbps down 10 mbps up and a 30 mbps down and 4 mbps up connections. That's 2 separate connections feeding 4 playstations, The lag I am receiving is not due to the internet connection but hardware differences between my own 4 playstations.

I don't understand on how "In a business sense" you can't attach the account info to be accessed from both the PS3-4 to the PC and vice versa. I believe I use my PSN account info to get in here and the PC players use their info to access the forum? Doesn't the money from the PC players and the console players go to the same place (DCUO).
  2. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

lol.... no one cares what equipment you're using or how much you paid for it. It's also entirely irrelevant.
    PSN owns the PS4/PS3 accounts and Daybreak owns the PC accounts.
    Nothing is stopping you from using a PC account too... some players do have both.
    • Like x 1
  3. Duce2duce New Player

I think your trying to make DCUO a good game and go through with what you promised us a long time ago but it seems like instead of impressing your old players your just pissing us off, we were told a bunch of stuff and it didn't happen. Now your going back to what you said you'd do for us in hopes that these paying players will return, now your half assing the job you said you'd do 4 1/2 years ago, you really like shooting your self in the foot and now you've lost a good number of players that were excited about the news, FOREVER. Why not just do the job your supposed to and not limp around like you shot yourself in the foot again. No need to respond as I see one of your feet is shoved far enough in your mouth and the other foot is wedged nicely in your rear.

You know I'd love to tell someone mid-winter " O damn its cold out there I guess your going to have to wait until spring to install a window in this huge hole in your wall, good luck with the frost" yes I own their house and I rent it to them. Like the "landlord tenant" act I think we need to make a "developer gamer" act, hell enough money goes into gaming and a lot of time is spent in games that it may be time to have a "you can't lie to me about what your going to do and charge me for it, you can only charge me to play for what game you've finished and I can play not what your doing in the future" policy.
  4. Duce2duce New Player

I have a life and it demands that I don't sit and just play video games all day that I can grind up 2 separate accounts for dcuo to play as a MIAN. I have 4 accounts that I brought up already to alert by myself and avoid morons. I'd like to be able to use one of these accounts or better still use my own account. Like the other guy said GTA did it? and if this was supposed to be implemented in this game from the first day and sold to us as a game that you'd be able to play with your PC buddys while on the console. It doesn't look like their doing what they said and just curving the game plan to suit someones needs. Its just another great way to say our game is dieing and we are trying all of our last minute struggles to keep it a float, hey lets bring back old ideas and see if it brings people back. WAAA WAAA WAAAA. BTW I already pay for multiple accounts subs so losing me as a customer counts X4.
  5. Napoleon Well-Known Player

The DCUO community welcomes your resignation from this video game. Your name is way too close to that of what a woman uses as a personal hygiene product which pretty much explains everything to us.
    • Like x 1
  6. Morcra Committed Player

well it seems the entitlements are truly spreading huh.
    • Like x 1
  7. The Doctor Loyal Player

Says he has a life, then proceeds to explain, in detail, that he does not, in fact, have a life. Well played sir, well played.
    • Like x 1
  8. James29 Level 30

This won't do anything but choke up the server. I think it's a horrible idea. Besides, can't PC players set up their keyboards to run through their entire rotation with one keystroke? How can anyone playing on the consoles even hope to be competitive like that? It will be like shooting fish in a barrel for PC players.
    • Like x 1
  9. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

Did we get the 4th Color Palette, yet?
  10. MyrVell Committed Player

Only if you PvP, which I care little about. Otherwise, I welcome the hight DPS out in group content. :)
  11. Duce2duce New Player

Thank you James29 this is one of the main reasons I'd like to be able to use the toons I've paid a sub for and worked on. You can use the same technique to hot key button rotations you just need to buy a programmable keyboard.

there are so many ways to cheat video games. in dcuo on the console you can use a shoe box a 6volt motor and a few elastics to collect you bits while your not even home. 1 elastic and the 6volt motor to make money all damn day. ther eare a lot more creative ways to get stuff done in dcuo that doesn't require a brain, you just have to be smart enough to use it. In an FPS the most tech thing I built was a monitor with color photo sensors glued to it to control the sensitivity of the right stick and trigger. Now I park the guy in a hallway with stable colors and set the controller to pull the trigger at differences in the pattern. I consider myself a fairly smart gamer as I don't have a need to waste time doing super redundant tasks in a game that could be done while I am at work or out playing with my children.

I don't know about name calling when the name your using to do it with is the name of a real person/DISORDER!

BTW I haven't used the photo monitor in about 10 years as there hasn't been a game I haven't needed more than a shoe box set up for.
  12. Napoleon Well-Known Player

13. DarkNexsis New Player

Yea I worry about the pc vs ps4 fairness when it comes to pvp. Don't think it's gunna be good
    • Like x 1
  14. Jirambi New Player

Yay! I am so excited! My brother plays on the PS4 and I am the PC child. So for this to finally happen is amazing! Now to convince my brother to join the villain side with me. :D
  15. Bygglesworth Level 30

I saw a tweet that the system is up. I try it, after time you get to the Char. Select Screen, once you select... disconnect. Was only directed to players in Lower Slobbovia.
    Their version of up and mine differ.
  16. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Question about names. I have a villain on PC with the same name as a hero I have on PS. Now the PS character was created first so my PC character has the _PC1 after it. I want to keep the PC character. If I delete the PS character can I make the PC character the primary keeper of the name?
  17. MechanIIcus New Player

My character Was Deleted. It was inactive due to the fact that i didnt have a console since my ps3 got YLOD but i recently got a ps4 and tried to log in on my account to find that all 4 of my characters had Been deleted and now i am being asked to pay money to restore them on a case by case basis, so 1500 points each, that seems kind of messed up to me, i don't see anything in this saying that characters would be deleted, only renamed
  18. maddog36_1473 New Player

just make new ones thats what happens when ur off dc for a long time
  19. MechanIIcus New Player

-_- make new ones....he says...was pretty maxxed out for the time i was playing gear wise, that seems like quite alot.
    • Like x 1
  20. KEN_Oracle_of_Delphi Well-Known Player

Another example of why the "Free-to-play" slogan is a complete misguided statement. You CAN'T level up unless you pay real money lol... So yah man, make a support ticket and let them know you've been wronged, I'm sure they'll get it straight for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.