Cross Play Name Consolidation and FAQ

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

As announced yesterday, cross play between PC and PS3/4 is planned to launch the week of January 25, 2016. After cross play, players from PC, PS3, and PS4 will all play together throughout the game, including in On Duty and open world content. Groups and leagues will both be able to contain a mixture of PC and PS3/PS4 players.

Keep reading for more information on what that means for you, and a list of frequently asked questions and answers.

Cross Play Name Consolidation

Outstanding character and league name conflicts (duplicates) between servers must be resolved in preparation for cross play. Once cross play is implemented, character and league names will need to be unique by region (North America and Europe).

If there is a character name conflict, one player will keep the name and the other will be renamed to Name_PC or Name_PS. The renamed character will receive a Character Rename Token. We will determine which character is renamed based on the following criteria:
    • Active Character
      • A character active in the last 90 days will keep its name over a character inactive in the last 90 days
      • If both characters are active or if both characters are inactive, continue to contributing character
    • Contributing Character
      • A character on an account that has spent money in support of the game will keep its name over a character on an account that has never contributed (free)
      • If both accounts have contributed or if neither account has contributed, continue to oldest character
    • Oldest Character
      • The character with the earliest creation date will keep its name over a younger character
    If there is a league name conflict, one league will keep the name and the other will be renamed to League_PC or League_PS. The leader of the renamed league will receive a League Rename Token. We will determine which league is renamed based on the following criteria:
    • Active League
      • A league with active characters in the last 90 days will keep its name over a league without any active characters in the last 90 days
      • If both leagues are active or if both leagues are inactive, continue to league size
    • League Size
      • A league with more than one character in the roster will keep its name over a league with only one character in its roster
      • If both leagues have one or if both leagues have more than one character, continue to oldest league
    • Oldest League
      • The league with the earliest creation date will keep its name over a younger league
    Frequently Asked Questions

Please find the answers to your most frequently asked questions below. We will continue to add to this list as more questions and/or answer arise.

Q: What is cross play?
    A: Cross play will allow all players on PC, PS3, and PS4 to play together as if they were on the same servers. In game, the transition will be essentially seamless. The biggest thing you will notice is more players around.

Q: Does cross play mean I can play my characters on PC and PS?
    A: No. The accounts remain separate, and your characters remain attached to your PC or PS accounts.

Q: Do my purchases transfer to the other platform?
    A: No. The accounts remain separate, and your characters remain attached to your PC or PS accounts.

Q: Can I transfer my characters from one platform to another?
    A: No. We do not plan to offer character transfers of any kind, for business and technical reasons.

Q: Why must character and league names be consolidated?
    A: After cross play is implemented, the in-game experience will be essentially seamless. Characters and leagues on the opposite platform will look just like more characters in the game, so names must be unique.

Q: If my character or league is renamed, do I receive a free Rename Token?
    A: Yes. Renamed characters will receive a free Character Rename Token, and leaders of renamed leagues will receive a free League Rename Token.

Q: How will you determine if a character is active?
    A: We will check to see if that character has logged into the game in the last 90 days.

Q: Can we be in groups and leagues together?
    A: Yes, after cross play launches, groups and leagues will both be able to contain a mixture of PC, PS3, and PS4 players.

Q: When will cross play launch?
    A: We expect cross play to launch and character name consolidation to occur the week of February 1, 2016. EU cross play launched February 2, 2016, We will share exact dates for US as soon as possible.
    • Like x 36
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Great news. Thank you.
    • Like x 1
  3. Swamarian Committed Player

I was really excited to see a ton of characters named Name_PC all over the place, wondering how you'd handle it. Then I realized what you meant, and was greatly saddened.
    (I bet someone's snatched up the name "Name_PC" by now, too. Maybe xXxName_PCxXx is still available.)
    • Like x 6
  4. Supergirly Dedicated Player

I am both excited and scared at the same time.
    • Like x 1
  5. ChillCat Loyal Player

SUPER GREAT!
  6. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I know that it will be impossible to play your PC character on PS and vice versa, but for the future, is there any chance we will be able to "link" a PC account to a PSN account? Allowing us to at least purchase feats cross-server?
    • Like x 2
  7. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No plans for this.
    • Like x 2
  8. TybeeTahiri Devoted Player

Good stuff !
  9. Mr Furious Well-Known Player

Is an "_" allowed during character creation?
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It is not.
    • Like x 2
  11. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Seems like the plan over who gets what name seems fair. Ive nothing against F2P players but the person actually helping to keep the game going should get the name. Its a pity a server-wide name wipe didnt happen again though, theres still idiots out there holding onto names on LVL 1/2 characters. Pointless.
    • Like x 3
  12. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

oh man is has got me very worried. i am no way losing my toon names.
    SUPERMAN°PRIME
    SUPERMAN°BLUE

League Name: House°of°El

if i lose any of them i will quit.:mad:
    • Like x 1
  13. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

Why not make it hours played in the last step instead of creation date for characters?

If for example two legendary players are active, one has a char he actively playes, the other has just a low-lvl-alt as name-holder, then the actively played character with the most online-time should keep the name, not the pure and not played name-holder, even if he's way older.

I also think a char lvl30 in endgame-CR should get the name over a char below lvl30 or even below CR100 (for example).
    • Like x 5
  14. Remander Steadfast Player

Keep in mind, name reclaim already purged a lot of old, but not played, toon names.
    • Like x 2
  15. ShazamFan2014 Loyal Player

When is the 4th Color Palette coming out?
    • Like x 2
  16. Hepzibah New Player

Hmm.. seems like lifetime accounts might get the shaft again. Should be reverse the order they have it, IMO!
  17. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

Sorry if this has been asked but how will the in game economy be effected? Don't they sell stuff ridiculously high on PS compared to us PC guys?

Does it just mean we'll have to earn more, or do y'all think it will balance itself out eventually?
    • Like x 1
  18. ObsceneBoy Committed Player

26th if i remember correctly
  19. DCUO Post Loyal Player

It seems that the USPC and USPS have normalized. I'm just wondering how the EUPC will handle the EUPS economy, since EUPC never had the money dupe problem.
    • Like x 1
  20. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

A lot, true, but not all. I know a lot of people, who still have names on their CR140+chars, which are taken on both servers, and who are worried about losing it to a lvl3 name-block-char, which is standing in a PD or didn't even leave the ship.
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.