Clinging by a Thin String

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Dene Devoted Player

I understand... I feel the backlash on it would be severe though.. but i also feel the amount that would actually play support would increase - gradually and maybe slowly at first but it would increase
  2. Shark Dental Devoted Player

One thing that I'm curious about was a pic I saw of a damage debuff against the group (I think it was something like 12%) for having too many dps. Is this really a thing? Would it be worth it to run raids of 2-2-2-2 with most support in battle roles? Just curiosity. I personally think that part of the problem with the battle healing, etc. concept is when you have a solo healer, troll, etc. at the same time. If there were 2 I think it would be more viable, because let's face it, a second healer in US, for example, is helpful for certain high-stress situations, but most of the time they just kind of tag along. Again, this is just curiosity.
  3. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

The backlash could be averted by doing away with our damage mitigation in support stance.

Really, why is it there?

DPS gear boosts might and precision so much in comparison to roles already, do we really need to be mitigated down?

This, again, would help promote support roles.
    • Like x 1
  4. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Less effectively, sure all is still done.

Insta-power is weaker

POT is weaker

Damage may be slightly increased

Oh, and they gave us auto-pilot, WITH AUTO POT. - I thought I was playing the game, not some cheap gimmick doing it for me.
  5. Dene Devoted Player

People who play support are jealous of DPS' damage ?

what a really weird comment lol - If i want to dps/do dmg ill just dps.. don't think anyone is jealous...

Also.. no other MMO has Controllers.. some have support type guys that buff etc but def not trollers
    • Like x 1
  6. Streven Dedicated Player

I'd like to see troll debuffs be stronger and have content/adds that actually need healing debuffs. I wouldn't mind if trolls had slightly better damage output either. If power healing is going to be a thing then it needs to be done in an interesting and engaging way. I'd like to see it done similar to how celestial battle healing works where percentage of damage done heals group power.
    • Like x 2
  7. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I'm pretty sure envy has nothing to do with it.

The game, its development, has been one sided to PEW PEW PEW for a very long time, without any interest in reviewing support roles, how they are used, and their overall path of progression in game.

Since just about every DLC has focused on DPS up to this point, why can we not get some movement to help the wary support role players without gripes from DPS that we are just jealous?
  8. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Ding ding ding, the nail has been hit on the head. If people stopped putting so much pressure on support roles, they'd be more free to play how they want. Not sure about the damage debuff for DPS stacking, I know it's a thing in alert groups, but I don't think it is in raids. Although I'm not against that idea at all tbh.
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Pitbull you need to stop comparing dcuo to other MMOs all the time. This is DCUO, not FF14, not Destiny, not WoW, not ESO, not Black Desert, or any other MMO you people might know. Different community and different ways the game is played. Let dcuo be dcuo.
    • Like x 3
  10. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Are there scoreboards in other MMO's? No? Well we seem to be comparing apples and oranges then...

Again, this thread isn't bash a DPS thread. In fact, I think I was pretty nice to all the wonderful DPS out there in my opening comments, as have most individuals who have posted...

The thread is not a bash SUPPORT players thread either, so lets stick to the subject of support roles and how they can be more utilized more effectively more rewardingly in game...
  11. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

1. It's blatantly obvious, same typing style, same complaints, same exact things being said about literally everything, if you're not him then you do a very good job at mimicking others. Not even saying it's a bad thing if you are him either.
    2. You should probably play more MMOs then to get a broader perspective on how things play. DCUO is unique in it's own way, let it accel in what it's good at.
    • Like x 1
  12. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Agreed. Those games aren't even in the same class as DCUO. This game is a ACTION MMO. They need better classifications for MMOs. The ones listed are MECHANIC heavy MMOs. You barely play. It's more about making macro skills than playing a power or class effectively. Those games bore the crap out of me.
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

This game is going on year 7. I don't think it's really a fail, which would mean it's a success.:)
  14. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Decided to quote you here so we don't derail the water thread.

I fully agree and don't necessarily understand how making mechanics that require support roles will increase the population. DWF almost required two tanks most of the time and they were still hard to find. Now it's actually fairly easy to find tanks for raid groups who ironically have the highest battle role potential, funny how that works huh?

The trick to getting more people to play support isn't shoehorning them into content, it's making the role itself more fun to play. Even if a troll is required for this or that, it won't increase the troll population because one raid requires a debuff to complete it. If the role itself is still a bore to play, the population will remain low. No amount of mechanics will make the troll population boom like people think it will. Hell trolls are more needed now because it's more beneficial to bring two, but you can't even do that because it takes forever to find just one.

Support role damage has always been one of the leading factors in how much one enjoys a role. When you're having people leave duos, or tell you to go DPS in alerts because you don't contribute squat to damage and your role benefits aren't enough to make up for it, then yeah of course battle rolling or some form of extra damage will entice people to play support more. It makes you feel more "super" when you can supply your support benefits and do high damage at the same time.
  15. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I've played it some, was a little dated for my taste, and its been a while. I don't remember the scoreboard (unsurprisingly), nor have I visited the forums for that game, so I really have no room to discus it, what does or doesn't occur there.

Lets stick to this game, this topic on these forums, least we deal with a close thread case.
  16. Tarif Committed Player

I have always looked at this game as having 4 roles. Right now, the game is insanely imbalanced to me. Ive played well before the cr differential, and before the weapons mastery and advanced mechanics were ever in place.

Content was never configured this way, to make our stats seem to not matter much at all. To me, and many I have talked to, and have seen in game or post on these forums, is that this has always been a game about the growth and progression of our characters. We have earned that growth through feats, paying for memberships, buying marketplace items, and relentlessly paying, as customers, for replay after replay. We have grown from one tiered content to the next, from one set of gear to the next. Now, I feel like this has been one giant Nerf. It literally feels like I am running a piece of stat clamped content, and every sp or piece of gear we have ever earned or replayed to get as customers in a game of progression for our charcaters, to actually make them feel like we are playing - *Gasp* -in a super hero game, has been taken away.

I dont need to "git guud". Ive been good for a long time. I dont need to "Git your skill points up." I have 308. I dont need better gear. I have a 206 cr. I dislike seeing so many people, fans and customers of this game post and state in game that the majority of us are having serrious issues with things the way they are, not being addressed to us and fixed faster.

4 Roles. Now Controllers, Tanks, and even Healers get the benefits of the Dps Might Stat along with their own? Hybrid players drawing off both precision and might? A 14% damage mitigation that clamps Dps in content when there are more than the determined level of us in said content? All dps mods getting lowered massively, from 60% damage increases to 10%? Affinity Mods now give us 1% for grinding and earning 2 pieces of elite gear? Yet, the support roles do not get clamped when running content even though they now get to use DPS Stats in the content, and yet a Dps does?

Powers balanced? Right. Tell that to all the Nature and Earth Battle roles spamming the hell out of certain powers and out dps-ing some of the best in the game while in their "Battle-Support-Role". This is restrictive, and an imbalance unlike anything I have ever seen in the game before. Some of us actually prefer Dps to support roles. And the majority of the players in this game Paid You as Customers to play, replay, and grind, for the growth of our characters, and we want that back.

This was not the Stats Matter Revamp any of us fought for. This is a mess. Please remove the Dps clamping immediately and lets get down to actually balancing the game and making our stats matter as they have been earned in game and are intended. Right now, all content is doable, but this stats not mattering, or support roles getting to have access to dps stats without any of the clamps dps are getting isnt right. Power for one, aint no way that should be associated with might. Ever. Period. Dps get clamped while someone thought it was cute to have support roles have access to the same skill sets without the clamps in place for them as well?

Ive played this game, and paid for it as a customer for my characters growth. Not this. FIX OUR STATS. BALANCE OUR POWERS AND ROLES. Until then, I will not support this game. It doesnt even feel like a game that I have enjoyed for years anymore. It feels like a long, drawn out, tedious overtime shift at work. THIS IS NOT THE STATS MATTER REVAMP ANY OF US WANTED AND FOUGHT FOR. Save for the same minority I continue to see posting with elitist "git guud" mindsets. These people have always been toxic for our game. This game sure as hell isnt feeling like Im playing as a super hero anymore. Ive gone from being very active, to logging in, doing some dailies, being disgusted, yet hoping for the best, that you Devs are listening to YOUR CUSTOMERS and these problems will be addressed and FIXED.
  17. Streven Dedicated Player

I just resubbed for first time in years. Happy.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

If you like I can sell them back to your league mates and friends?
  19. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

How about you give me the money for them, I can then buy them for myself to give to my friends and league mates?
  20. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Ha! I gotta good chuckle when I read this.

For the record, our heals, and trolling capabilities took a big time hit with the update, only to still finish 6, 7, 8 on the scoreboard when running raids... and good luck running in support stance in anything but raids, as it is extremely frowned upon.

Bascially It's all a matter of perception.