Clinging by a Thin String

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by StillDeathern, Aug 16, 2017.

1. light FX Steadfast Player

The ones who do it well are few and far between. But a few people doing it well i dont think means anything. I can do it, done it many times before too. No issues keeping groups powered and i did some pretty good dmg. But again its still dps focused. Hmm how can we improve support roles? I know! Do more dmg! And we wonder why people call this game dpsuniverseonline :p

At the end of the day its always about dpsing. Lately we have seen lets get the scorecard removed! But wait how can i see my battle tank dmg then? If scorecard was removed wouldnt a battle support role simply be one that attacks? All of this stuff starts to get really silly imo because it always end up about the dmg people can do and nothing more.
    • Like x 3
  2. KeeblerElf Well-Known Player

tanks dont use those stuns and juggles LMAO

Only use them as often as possible keeping things juggled means i take less damage i use chronos now to keep things stunned because things that are stunned cant hurt me. I assure you we tanks use those abilities all the time. Every good tank knows that juggles knock down any cc effect is an essential part of their loadout. on that note though..

i agree controllers should control more im constantly asking my trolls to do more stuns or rock chronos to help keep ads stunned. It can make the world of difference when tanking a bunch of ads granted right now the only relevant content with a bunch of ads is US(elite) not closing portals.
  3. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I battle healed a JFA run, did 1/3 the damage of top DPS and no one said anything. Maybe not as many people are against the concept of support doing a good chunk of the damage as you people think there is.
    • Like x 1
  4. Proxystar #Perception

Sorry to see you go. Do you have any materials or booster bundle auras? You can keep anything else.
  5. profsmalls Active Player

To add to this as a trolls perspective. As long as the healer is wary of over spamming powers I always invite them to battle heal.

I used to troll for Fatal when he and others would celestial battle heal and I'd never have a real moment of irritation or stress.
    Mind you these are people who were/are proficient healers and I definitely wouldn't recommend every healer to do so.

Anyways just my two cents on the subject matter.
    • Like x 1
  6. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

well said!!!
    • Like x 1
  7. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

other then not having to throw POT. what has changed for the troll????? I still do all of the above...
  8. ozzy1111 Dedicated Player

think there talking about the...ugh...battle troll. battle heal. you know, when everyone dies all the time...if you want to damage DPS. if you think troll and heal are not needed. go do usr. use. gome. gomr. ect. ect. its the DEVS that catered to the DPS all this time that turned this game into a mess with supports roles. simple as that.
    • Like x 2
  9. Proxystar #Perception

You're there primarily to support the moment you compromise your main role I'll be letting you know about it.

The only way to increase your damage is to compromise your main support stats, that is a mathematical fact.

So if I see people dying or people without power or a squishy tank because they're chasing damage I will let them know about it in pretty clear terms ;)
    • Like x 3
  10. Giga Vamm Dedicated Player

The only times I've used a battle setup is with friends or when the "damage" player in a 4-player instance is barely out damaging me even though I'm not using the battle setup. Otherwise, I don't really care about my damage if I'm not playing the damage role.
  11. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

Well, for trolls, our main stat is pretty much power now, so I guess we are all "battle trolls."

Also, not to join the conversation late, and I'm not saying that the troll role in revamp is great by any means, but it's surprising me that it is compared less favorably to pre-revamp trolling. Pre-revamp when I went in the raid, I'd figure out where the tank and the healer were in the list. And then you pretty much just made sure they didn't dip too low on power. Which didn't take a whole lot. I ignored DPS because if you were a DPS in the AM era and you needed more power than it took to power the tank and the healer, that wasn't my problem, that was your problem because you were doing something wrong.

At least now everyone wants power even if giving power is more boring than it was (and it wasn't exactly rocket science before).
    • Like x 1
  12. krytine Loyal Player

See that is the problem. No one should be changing out gear to do damage. They should figure out how to do damage while doing thier role. Or its pointless.and yes i am working out different load outs to see what's effect while doing my job to heal tank and troll. I have the tanking worked out on two powers and 1 for healing is almost done. Troll still needs work for what all i want to do. But those that try to so called battle whatever are not complete support toons. To be complete they need to help with damage but most importantly do thier role
  13. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Seeing I was the solo heal and the group stayed up easily, including the tank, I'd say I did my job well while putting out a lot of damage. You could let me know about it, sure. If it doesn't compromise the group though and we're beating it, you'll just be making an *** out of yourself.
    • Like x 2
  14. Proxystar #Perception

Good thing that's not what I said then. By compromise your main role I mean failure hence how it leads into the second part of my post.

If you're battle healing and people die left and right then I'll be calling you out on it. (Excl. Their own idiocy)

You're there to heal if you want to do damage join the group as a dps.

Theres a lot of quite frankly disgraceful battle players out there because they think they're better than they are and forget their primary function and start chasing the damage rather than doing what they're supposed too.
    • Like x 3
  15. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

just Im more vocal on the subject means nothing, there are 100s more that go left unheard due to never saying a word, and it b/c they just dont know where to go to voice that opinion so the more vocal people like yourself dont outweigh the 1-2 that dont like the form of play in their group. But now have to put up with it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Ala Rebeldex Loyal Player

Thats pure conjecture.
    • Like x 1
  17. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

You can't really compare the few unskilled to the skilled though. It's that way with any role. You got players that simply suck at said role and players that are skilled. Battle rolling is just more complex, therefore not many even attempt it due to how challenging it can be depending on what power you use. I rarely even see battle roles when I run content. When I do 75% of them are tanks. I did see a battle troll in a SW run that did half my dps, which impressed me. Other then that you hardly see them because only the folks with common sense know to attempt it.

I think many people mistake battle roles for people that simply just don't know what they're doing. You see an electric heal pop electrocute, or an ice tank use blizzard people assume "he/she is battle rolling" when it could just simply be some person that don't know what they're doing because they were never taught anything.
    • Like x 2
  18. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Um no. IF I were to go, why would you get them over the league mates and friends I have made in game?
    • Like x 1
  19. Dene Devoted Player

u got your wish :)
  20. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Not really. Its a start, but I would rather see the role less buff gone completely. It makes roles unimportant for any content except raids, which in turn, is bound to discourage players from playing roles.

Take it out, and I would be a happy camper. :cool:
    • Like x 1