Can the subscription price be reduced?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Aduzar Light, Jul 21, 2021.

1. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

I'm still on the fence about some of the upcoming changes to membership, but they are not so terrible that I will cancel my membership before seeing how things go. Perhaps I will warm up to the changes; perhaps I won't. Either way, I should be able to play and enjoy the game without missing out on much. Only time and the test server will tell.

I do give props to you guys for not getting rid of the subscription model in pursuit of making this game "truly available for everyone".; thank you for that.
    • Like x 2
  2. Shalayah Committed Player

Yeah at this point I don’t really see a reason in keeping the old sub model. Yeah I understand that people want to feel cool for spending the $15 monthly but this doesn’t encourage people to play the game.

I actually remember when I was like 13 or 14 and first played DC. The game was fun but the fun ended after I hit a certain point. I had to pay money, but my mom wasn’t spending money just so I could enjoy the game for a very limited time. I grew older, got my own money to spend and I got used to the membership life. I now can’t play DC without it lol. If hardship ever comes up. I just won’t have this game to fall back on in my free time.

End the sad stuff. I love this change because it allows players to actually play DC without that pay wall stopping them. It just seems outdated. Would rather let everybody access the game, and decide for themselves whether upgrading for faster progression is worth. That should be what the subscription is. Faster progression. Not pay to play.
    • Like x 2
  3. farm3rb0b Committed Player

Mepps: Asks for constructive criticism.
    Small, miniscule, blink-and-you'll-miss-it group of people: provide constructive feedback.
    One unhappy person with zero chill factor: is borderline derailing thread.

It's not that people aren't hearing you. The devs have shown they're reading the thread. They've gotten your feedback. You've also shown you're not really here to have a mature forum conversation as those do not happen over the second-by-second timeframe you seem to expect. It's that aspect that makes people comment around you instead of to you, because we've all seen too many good forum threads get locked because of this type of situation.

To get back on track - I'm not sure if this is 100% just a membership request, but maybe an overall QoL food-for-thought idea. I'm returning, I have a lot of catching up to do so this might be easier if I was fully endgame, but I feel like I spend half my time playing DCUO and half my time playing Inventory Management Sim. Not a good way to feel like my time is valued. We're in a state where certain aspects of the game seem to be trending toward "to infinity." Adding new artifacts, augments, exos, and catalysts with each episode takes up another multiple rows of inventory and/or bank each time. Eventually I won't need the ones from old DLCs, sure, but they still drop. They still take up space in the UI lists while trying to slot new items. Maybe a membership perk could be a way to "manage" this system - sorting/filtering options in the UI, the ability to say auto-sell/auto-delete/auto-infuse thing X.
    • Like x 2
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

For whatever it's worth, I've never subbed to feel cool. Considering I've always seemed to fall well outside the definitions of cool for most of my life, it's about the last thing on my mind. LOL

I've subbed and continue to sub because I feel the game is worth it and because I enjoy having the fullest amount of access possible to what the game offers, even if I don't always take full advantage of it. And with some of the changes coming up, I'll be able to revisit some older content and incorporate the stuff I liked in the past to my progression content.

Plus I'll be able to go back and work on some of those grindy Central City feats from Lightning Strikes. LOL

Just thought I'd throw that out there. :D
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Haha, yea I'm not sure any sensible person would ever sub "to feel cool"
    • Like x 1
  6. Major Shenanigans Well-Known Player

As far as pricing goes. DCUO should have a separate sub option not linked to the other PC games and that price should be 10USD.

TBH
    the only reason I ever kept paying the 15 USD monthly was because H1Z1 was suppose to be part of the deal.
  7. Kinetik Gun New Player

Coming from WoW (considering dropping my sub there), the difference is, you pay $15 and you get literally everything. Yes, there are a very few mounts, pets, toys, appearances available in the cash shop, but it's all stuff that makes literally no difference in game.
    I stopped playing DCUO a little over 5 years ago because, while I subbed, I still felt like there were quite a few things I had to pay even more money for on top of my sub.
    I really hoped that the game would have progressed in one direction or the other, sub or microtransactions, but it still seems stuck in the middle wanting both.
    I did reinstall though, started watching some videos to see what's new ( I'm still so confused with some of the changes), and even logged in to a few characters. Sadly every character's inventory, bank, and shared banks were basically all 100% full. I guess I couldn't figure out the bag simulator part of the game, even back then.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

Many many many do not feel the benefits of membership are worth subbing. Like I told you in my message, there is no real need to sub now. Thank you for making it where I don't have to pay to play. No incentive to ever spend another dime.
    • Like x 1
  9. TheWrecker Well-Known Player

I just wish you guys would stop calling this an episode. It's just a glorified update so folks can stand in the same hub as villains. No new content equals no new episode.
    • Like x 2
  10. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

I admit it's more like a 'Major Update' than an episode as we're used to having, at least with the information we currently have.
    • Like x 2