"Bring Out Yer Dead!" 2020

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by myandria, Apr 3, 2020.

1. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Former New York Assemblyman Richard

Brodsky dies of suspected coronavirus

Former New York state Assemblyman Richard Brodsky died Wednesday of suspected complications
    from the coronavirus. Brodsky, 73, a Democrat, was a member of the New York State Assembly
    representing parts of Westchester County from 1983 to 2010. He chaired the committee that oversees
    public authorities and was very knowledgeable of the workings of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority
    and transit issues.

Lived: May 04, 1946 - Apr 08, 2020

[IMG]
  2. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Anne Bass, Arts Patron and Peerless Gardener,

Dies at 78

A leading philanthropist, she championed, without fanfare, the New York City Ballet and numerous art museums.
    She also loved her dahlias. Anne Hendricks Bass, the arts patron who helped raise the profile of ballet in the
    United States, harking back to an era when art was viewed as a vehicle for beauty and moral uplift, died on April 1
    at her home in Manhattan. She was 78. Julian Lethbridge, her longtime partner, said the cause was ovarian cancer.

Lived: Oct 19, 1941 - Apr 01, 2020

[IMG]
  3. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

An alarming amount of deaths caused by coronavirus. I am shocked by the total number.
  4. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Catholics mourn first U.S. priest dead of

COVID-19

The Rev. Jorge Ortiz-Garay, 49, was the first Catholic cleric in the U.S. to die from the coronavirus.
    His New York parishioners remembered his devotion to the community and how he gave them hope
    through his favorite word: “Animo! (Courage!)

[IMG]
  5. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Italy’s 1984 indoor European champion Sabia

dies from Covid-19

Italy’s former European indoor champion Donato Sabia has died from coronavirus aged 56, days after the
    pandemic claimed the life of his father, the Italian athletics federation (Fidal) announced today. Sabia won
    800m gold at the 1984 championships in Gothenburg, and finished fifth and seventh at the distance at the
    1984 Los Angeles and 1988 Seoul Olympics respectively. He had been hospitalised in intensive care for
    some days in his native Potenza, in the southern Basilicata region. “A tragedy within a tragedy, Donato was
    a person you couldn’t help but love,” said Fidal president Alfio Giomi confirming Sabia’s death days after that
    of his father from Covid-19.

Lived: Sep 11, 1963 - Apr 07, 2020

[IMG]
  6. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Colorado girl who pioneered medical marijuana

for seizures dies following seizure, likely COVID-19

case

Charlotte Figi, the Colorado girl who pioneered medical marijuana for seizures, died after a seizure that resulted
    in respiratory failure and cardiac arrest following a battle with what was treated as a likely COVID-19 case.

[IMG]
  7. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Man shot to death during fight with Lakemore

roommate

Authorities were investigating whether the fatal shooting of a man Monday was done in self-defense. Lakemore
    Police Chief Ken Ray said Franklin Deem, 63, was shot by his roommate after an argument Monday afternoon.
    He said the incident occurred in the 2500 block of South Street, where the two men and possibly others lived in
    a house together. Ray said Deem and the roommate got into an altercation that began inside and spilled over
    into the yard, ending with Deem being shot.
  8. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Officials: Corrections officer at Marion Correctional Institution

dies from COVID-19

A corrections officer at the Marion Correctional Institution has died from the coronavirus, according to Gov.
    Mike DeWine. During his daily briefing on Wednesday, DeWine announced 55-year-old John Dawson tested
    positive for COVID-19 on March 30. Dawson had worked at the facility since 1996. He worked in the control
    center handing out equipment to staff. Dawson is the first Richland County resident to die from the disease,
    according to Richland Public Health. According to Dawson's Facebook page, he graduated from Ashland
    High School in 1982.

[IMG]
  9. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Margaret Burbidge, Astronomer Who Studied

the Inner Workings of Stars, Dies at 100

[IMG]

Margaret Burbidge, an astronomer who made vital contributions to our understanding of what happens inside
    stars and who worked on instruments for the Hubble Space Telescope, has died at 100. The University of
    California, San Diego, where Burbidge had worked from 1962 to 1988, announced her death on Twitter Monday
    (April 6), noting that she had died on Sunday (April 5). Burbidge was most famous for her work establishing how
    stars produce increasingly heavy elements and distribute them throughout the universe.

Lived: Aug 12, 1919 - Apr 05, 2020
  10. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Austin community leader Adrew Betts dies from coronavirus

Adrew Betts died on Sunday, April 5, from complications from COVID-19. Betts, a community
    leader who leaves behind a lasting legacy in Chicago's Austin community, died from COVID-19
    this week. "My dad was my hero, of course, and just a great man," said his daughter Renee Ruffin.
  11. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Former Cook County Clerk employee Diane Brooks dies from
    COVID-19

Diane Brooks, a former Cook County Clerk employee who had been a resident of
    Symphony of Joliet nursing home, died due to complications from COVID-19 on
    April 6. "This took down a family," her sister Brenda Brooks said. "This is destroying
    us." The 65-year-old had been a resident of Symphony of Joliet nursing home for the
    past two years. "She was just my big sister, and she loved me and I loved her," said
    Dorisell Brooks, Diane's sister. "I miss her smile. I miss her keeping me up at night
    on the phone." Two days ago, Diane's family got a call that she was being rushed to
    the ER. They didn't even know she was sick.
  12. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Wow, that's 7 reported deaths from coronavirus. That's just on this page alone.
  13. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Prominent climate science skeptic dies at 95

Fred Singer, a physicist affiliated with the Heartland Institute who long challenged mainstream climate
    science, died Monday. He was 95.

[IMG]

Lived: Sep 27, 1924 - Apr 06, 2020
  14. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Ohio Coronavirus Update | Apple donates 100,000

N-95 masks

On Wednesday, there were 5,148 confirmed coronavirus cases in the state and 193 people have died due to
    COVID-19. Acton predicts a peak of 1,600 new daily cases. Just thought instead of another report on a dead
    person I could report on the coronavirus.
  15. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Coronavirus outbreak: 18,447 total cases of
    COVID-19 in Canada, 401 total deaths

Yet another shocking report out of Canada. This is a huge report to say the least. I am sad to report this.
  16. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Canterbury Deaths

Three additional residents at Canterbury Rehabilitation & Healthcare Center in Henrico that previously
    tested positive for COVID-19 have died in the last 48 hours, bringing the total to 20 COVID-19 related
    deaths.

COVID-19 Cases In Virginia

The Virginia Department of Health (VDH) reports 2,637 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 51 deaths.
  17. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Postal worker dies after crashing mail truck

into liquor store in San Diego

A postal worker has died after crashing his mail truck into a liquor store in San Diego on Tuesday (April 7).
    Footage filmed around 11:00 a.m. showed emergency crews at the scene where the mail truck crashed into
    the liquor store. Reports suggest the postal worker may have suffered from a heart attack.
  18. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Man City coach Guardiola's mother dies after

coronavirus infection

The mother of Manchester City coach Pep Guardiola has died after being diagnosed with the novel coronavirus,
    the English Premier League champions said on Monday (April 6). "The Manchester City family are devastated
    to report the death today of Pep's mother Dolors Sala Carrio in Manresa, Barcelona after contracting coronavirus.
    She was 82-years-old," City said in a post on their official Twitter account.
  19. ShazamFanatic2017 Well-Known Player

Coronavirus in Texas 4/7: State reports 8,262

cases and 154 deaths

In my home state of Texas. Things are steadily getting worse. Its with a heavy heart, I report this.
  20. Shn275 Well-Known Player

Earl Graves, Sr.
    [IMG]

CEO and founder of "Black Enterprise" magazine. He was an advocate for Black American businesses and entrepreneurship. In 1972, he was named one of the 10 most outstanding minority businessmen in the country by the president of the United States and received the National Award of Excellence in recognition of his achievements in minority business enterprise. He is also listed in Who’s Who in America and was named one of 200 future leaders of the country by Time magazine in 1974

He was a staunch advocate for higher education and equal opportunity. Because of his support of entrepreneurial education and his many years of contributing to Morgan State University, including a $1 million gift to advance business education, the University renamed its school of business and management the Earl G. Graves School of Business and Management. He's won other numerous awards and accolades over the course of his life.

He was 85. R.I.P. brotha.