Block is sticking.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flash, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Flash New Player

No. We're not fine with it in pvp. We want it out as well, but tunso already said they're looking into it. So raging until they find a fix won't do any good. :)
    • Like x 1
  2. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I don't PvP much but one of my leaguemates was playing in legends and complaining it was like his toon was crazy slow now so ill take his word for it.....
  3. Deepeess New Player

tested with a friend.
    tap'ed block 5 times.
    on my screen i was always blocking, but for him was blocking and and standing up between blocks.

he did tap'ed block 5 times and i saw the samething.
  4. NexGen New Player

Here's a detailed Nexus clear run with the new block issues in effect:

First off, yes - rapidly tapping block does in fact stick your block. That's a minor issue here with all things considered. There are far larger problems with block right now, and rapidly tapping R1 is the smallest of the concerns.

Considering the point of these improvements was to increase combat fidelity, let me be the first to state that it has simply increased the time to block, therefore causing everyone to take more damage. I have yet to PVP with these new mechanics, but I can tell you that in PVE as a Nexus tank, it has made things far worse.

First: When the Lex's in the first room push up against your blocking body, there are times when they slide you across the floor - this causes block to stop working.

Second: Casting a move and clipping with a breakout does not allow you to immediately block after hitting the breakout or move. Typically, I would cast inescapable storms clipped with shatter or reflect, and slide immediately into block. This no longer functions - now I must wait for the animation to finish before I can block, effectively taking a ton more damage.

Third: Blocking after a breakout is inconsistent. Occasionally, I may actually block - typically I do not, and must hit block a time or two more.

Fourth: Getting hit too hard kills my block. Really? When their attacks move me across the landscape (I'm talking inches, not feet of slide across the room) my block will negate and I will stand there doing nothing, all while holding down R1.

For a fidelity improvement, you have only succeeded in making tanks take more damage, while being able to block far less effectively. Is it intentional for block to not actually function quickly, or as permanently as before? Is it intentional that we are not able to hit it nearly as quickly as we used to? Is it intentional that being nudged from a NPC clipping into you negates block?

We still one shot the raid and I only died once to an oppressor - but I had to babysit my broken block the entire time. After relying on It since launch, it suddenly no longer functions as it always has. I do hope this is not intentional.
    • Like x 9
  5. Rooney Well-Known Player

Yeah, blocking is all screwed up now - not staying in block, then won't let me get back in block. Very sluggish and clunky now, please go back to the way it was.
    • Like x 3
  6. Statman New Player

Interesting... but it's still making you block for each time you tap it, lol. Still annoying, lol.

I assume this has something to do with the Icons wanting to register for each time you press the button... hopefully it's not a permanent thing.
  7. oasenhoheit Loyal Player

I was tanking T4-OPs yesterday and often I had to press the block-button twice to actually block. Pressing the block-button once didn't have any effect most of the time.
    Later then I controlled a Themy, and trying to break out of a CC-effect I was stuck in block for about 3 seconds, even after releasing the block/breakout-button (both the same with an XBox-controller).
    • Like x 4
  8. Deepeess New Player

this was a problem i noticed as well, my friend would use stick bomb after breaking out of it was stuk in the block position.
  9. Karasawa Loyal Player

Yes, mashing block will make your block stick. If you only press it once to breakout, you won't have this problem though I repeatedly see people complaining about various issues that all stem from mashing breakout.

Maybe it's time to really think about mapping breakout to a different button than block. Or remove the minimum 0.5 second hold time on block since there's now a vulnerability window on it.
  10. Flightboy New Player

This happened to me too while tanking Nexus and as fire me standing straight up is NOT GOOD in certain moments. It wasn't very evident until the last room. It initially caused us to wipe, but we did ended up clearing it. ( I may have muted my mic and said some said words lol ) Bottom line Devs you guys really need to take a look at this...
    • Like x 3
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Perfectly worded by NexGen, please get this fixed or removed or whatever you have to do......

Does anyone know if it was acting in this manner on test or if its just something now? I hope it didn't look like this on test and still get rolled out to us.....
    • Like x 1
  12. Cloud_9 New Player

There probably wasn't enough people on test to reproduce the bugs.

Another problem that could have been solved by a ps3 test server. It's a shame they have just enough excuse not to make one.
    • Like x 2
  13. Gr33dyMoney New Player

Tried running wave last night before reset, and every time we tried to block and roll there was a delay
  14. I Keeps Aggro New Player

Let me paint you a picture... Here I stand facing Cybernetic, Professor, General, and Future Lex Luthor my 7 comrades behind me. " Yall ready?" I say voice grizzled from the disappoint of the healers 4 pieces of green gear. "Yea" an eager dps responds. I lunge forward into the Future Lex Luthor the faint shattering of ice can be heard in the distance as I pop reflection I turn left I have the 2 distant Luthors in my inescapable storm they are headed straight for me... Another sound of ice shattering is heard as they approach what most know to be winter ward. " Alas, I have all 4 aggro'd" I think to myself I rise a few feet off the ground ice shards begin to swirl around my being I hear Lex mumble " Cursed bitter winds". So I come down and begin to brace for the damage I know is coming my way as I've done many times before but this time is different... He wont brace the veteran tank stands erect his power clamps swaying as if he is preparing an attack then the storm comes... That's a wipe.. #fixmyr1
    • Like x 4
  15. WorldsDown New Player

No bueno... both of the MMOs that I play are borked after a game update. :(
    • Like x 1
  16. LIVETASER New Player

I was tanking BIA and FAM last night an noticed that when I am in the middle of a combo and starts to get jumped, I press block and nothing happens so I have to press it a few times for it to stick. This is straight STINKY BOO BOO DEVS! FIX THE BLOCKING MECHANICS TO BE INSTANT LIKE BEFORE. BY THE WAY I WAS USING STAFF
    • Like x 4
  17. gtgrafe New Player

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Thought it was my game controller at first...
    • Like x 2
  18. Sore Steadfast Player

I was referring more to the second post in the thread by violentvi where it would have you believe single tapping would hold you in block for 3 seconds. I've seen similar claims in other related threads as well. I share your experience of quickly tapping holding me in block.
  19. Tikkun Loyal Player

All I know is my block, roll, and clipping rotation was messed up in last night's Nexus run. I'm glad to see it's the game and not me! All I have to say is Swarm Shield saved my life a lot. Good thing my resto is high enough to block damage bunker busters, circles, and poison cans. Would have had more trouble without it.
    • Like x 1
  20. Daddio New Player

As a Fire Tank, I rely on a fast block, now in Nexus I get block broken and can't tell I'm not blocking die to various effects(cough, Quantum, cough.) and having any delay in blocking is deadly in PVE and PVP, I can't stand it now.

You need to make blocking the way it was.
    • Like x 7