Block is sticking.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flash, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Aqua New Player

And now certain moves in MA are forcing me into a block without me ever hitting R1.

What in God's name goes on at SOE's development meetings?
    • Like x 8
  2. Sophittia Well-Known Player

This.
    I play MA and had this happen several times today.
    I even switched controllers thinking the r1 button was becoming faulty :/
  3. Aqua New Player

Yeah I thought I went crazy for a second, like I know I didn't just hit block. And this is just during ten minutes in huntress solo an it happened like 10 times.
  4. Little Sister New Player

Yea idk what is going on with Block. Very annoying, and I am not even PvPing.
  5. BumperStickerz New Player

From all the post I've read since starting this game, probably this:

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you be specific on which moves/combos are doing that?
  7. Aqua New Player

I wish I could, it doesn't happen every single time and I know for sure is not smoke bomb causing it because Huntress' MA don't have smoke bomb. I can say that it happened more the deeper I went into MA combos, I test it on my sparring dummy now.
  8. Vismund Cygnus New Player

i'm having different issues with block. I realize there's been a change but it pains me to have my camera zoomed out (as a tank) and wonder if i'm blocking now that i can only block after certain animations are finished. The shield icon above that appears is invisible against all the power animations, what a fail.

I know i can maybe clip animations with powers to block, but do i really need to tap some sort of secret code into the game to block? why cant i just hit block? There goes fire tanking.

MicroUpdate: tap block 3times if you're unsure whether or not yer blocking. Hold on third tap.
  9. the solowing Steadfast Player

im suprised you havent learned by now,expect more things to break then they fix every patch
  10. Statman New Player

The shield animation also takes like the default length of a block to show up. Just tap R1 once and you come out of block by the time the shield animation actually shows up. Seems slightly redundant.

Perhaps that is showing the window you are vulnerable to block break?

Never mind. Did a re-read on the patch notes and realised I simply skimmed, lol.
  11. Motive New Player

I think this is affecting PVE too. Our tank was getting annoyed in Nexus earlier as his block was messing up somehow.
  12. DeadMeat Well-Known Player

We are investigating. Specific repro cases will help a lot so keep them coming.

DeadMeat
  13. Aqua New Player

I'm not sure how to replicate this Mepps. It just happened two taps into my MA combos, it happened after I just broke out of a knockdown if that helps.
  14. MrMigraine Devoted Player

You never realize just how often you use block until an update like this.

My feeling of fluidity has diminished; it's going to take a LOT of getting used to in both PvE and PvP.
    • Like x 4
  15. Deepeess New Player

please don't tell the block is working as intended please.

FOR THE LOVE OF THE GOD PLEASE.
    • Like x 4
  16. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

Deepeess i'm with you if this is intended my subscription to this game is gone i'm not gonna support a game that is knowingly breaking things. However, I do have a feeling that we are gonna hear that blocking has now been fixed... despite the fact that it was never broken in the first place. This for me is game breaking I won't even pvp now lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

I wasn't being held in block for 3 seconds from a single tap. That's a timing exaggeration. I did observe that it seemed fast tapping block would hold you in block for 0.85 seconds for each tap. I thought it was a little clunky. The thing that stood out to me was that you had to wait out animations now before switching to a block. I only had a short time on it in a couple iconic anomalies but it seemed like I just couldn't block when I wanted to. It seemed like the block just wouldn't register at all and I'd have to hit it again. If I'm fighting an anomaly boss, it seemed like I had trouble reactively converting from attacking to blocking. The timing had me taking more damage than I'm used to.
    • Like x 3
  18. RageOfHeaven1990 New Player

yea sore thats wat is happening to me too its reading 2 taps ahead of time is wat it seems like to me.
  19. Tweek New Player

LMAO
    • Like x 1
  20. Gokaigerbay New Player

this is garbage. you think this is bad in real battles, the problem is ridiculous in legends pvp.

get knocked down, get up, try to block, notice its not working and i been getting punched for free for 5+ seconds.
    keep blocking for 5seconds even though not touching it at all. get knocked down in middle of moves, get up and end up going all crazy doing the moves in succession all over the place that i was pressing while down.

can't they update anything right?
    • Like x 5