Block is sticking.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flash, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Darth Loyal Player

I just tried it out. If I double tap block, it sticks for twice as long as a normal block and same with triple tapping and so on.
  2. Deepeess New Player

Im getting the feeling that a few updates from now we are goind to be fighting in slow motion.
    I'm not even kidding, if the new block stays people will be complaing that they are getting stuck being BB
    if they attemp to block, resulting on them slowing down the attack speed of the weapons even more.

I really really don't get why you guys are trying to ruin this game.
    I'm sorry, its just frustrating.
    • Like x 2
  3. LV~ New Player

Block is sticking? Get a new controller.

And not the player kind of controller I mean the controller type of controller.

Unless your a PC player I guess then...do whatever PC players do. Replace the key or whatever.

I can't be bothered to see if someone made this joke already but....here it is anyway.
  4. AV Loyal Player

I'm okay with it personally. It effects everyone equally so there's no advantage to be gained except by playing tight. Think it'll work out okay.
  5. TheBirdOfSteel Committed Player

The block sticking seems to have been done on purpose. If i recall correctly it was like this before way back at release but then they changed it to the way we know and love , now they seem to have reverted back to the old way for what ever reason causes SOe to do what SOE does.

The reason i reckon they have done it on purpose is because in the thread the dev skipped anything to do with the block sticking and focused on other issues.

I could be wrong but i reckon im right ;)
  6. Flash New Player

Ok cool it's not just me.
  7. Flash New Player

No, no, no! This is not something we get used to! I refuse!
    This is something that is changed!

I think the problem is tapping block puts you into block too fast once you come straight out of a block..so by tapping it quickly you're quickly going in and out of a block. This does NOT mean we should go into the initial block slower, just the ones after it..maybe?

Just don't slow anything down..Please.

@MrMigraine rage isn't to you it's to the problem :p
  8. Flash New Player

Maybe that's what kept the mechanics in check before :eek:
  9. Flash New Player

Not sure if that was to me..because I said quickly tapping several times. If it wasn't directed my bad :)
  10. MrMigraine Devoted Player

No worries, I know that it's not directed at me. :)

I guess I've just gotten used to the small tweaks that we as a playerbase have to adapt to with each change to the game.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Block will return to normal soon ... but I'm prepared to adjust if I must.
  11. FESTER665 Devoted Player

This is a BRUTAL change, why would they seriously do this? Everyone in the league tonight was complaining about it. There's no fluidity to it al all, tap block a few times and your toon stands there like a moron blocking.....

Get this junk out of here......

I don't want to say ill drop my sub over it, but it is that dumb.....
    • Like x 3
  12. FESTER665 Devoted Player

We didn't run any hard content tonight, but if you're stunned and tap block a few times quick to breakout like you've done for almost three years now, does that mean you'll break out and then stand there blocking like an idiot for a few seconds after the breakout ???
  13. AV Loyal Player

No. Block presses whilst knocked down don't count. Only presses when you're not stunned in some way make you block. If you want to block as soon as you breakout you press it after you're broken out.
  14. FESTER665 Devoted Player

It was just brutal hearing league mates thinking they needed to buy new controllers because their R1 buttons were sticking but it's just some nonsense the developers added.... I'm truly hoping this is not intended because it is dumb as can be.
  15. AV Loyal Player

It actually makes the game much more balanced and prevents PVP exploits of hidden block clips. Just don't spam block. There's no reason to unless you're trying to use breakout and there's a very VERY forgiving window after breakout that prevents your character from responding to the block spam. There's no reason to be tapping the block key over and over again at any other time.
  16. Flash New Player

Going to have to disagree on this one. The more I play the bigger issue this becomes. Needs to be changed asap :confused:
  17. Flash New Player

I'm assuming u mean hiding BB's. Which isn't a exploit. It's just practice :)
  18. FESTER665 Devoted Player

Fine, keep it in PvP if you're fine with it, when doing my T5 solos though it totally messed up all my timing, and all fluidity was gone. It's bad enough the PvP mechanics were made more noticeable in PvE, now my toon feels sluggish and I have to deal with my toon blocking longer than he should and big dumb symbols over my head because someone felt it would help people in PvP ???

Please get this block nonsense out of the game........ Ill give you developers a dollar. LOL
  19. Nu31 Well-Known Player

Just ran Nexus. I'm a tank and when I hold block, it will suddenly stand me up for no reason (even while I am still holding down the block button). Last boss fight was completely unbeatable because no one could block correctly.
    • Like x 1
  20. FESTER665 Devoted Player

This is exactly what I was worried about..... Timing and everything was just off on T5 solos, I can't imagine in Nexus...