Block is sticking.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Flash, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Flash New Player

Idk what changed it, but if you quickly tap shift however many times you tapped it, is what you are going to be blocking for.

For example. Quickly Tap block 5 times, the shield icon goes away and comes back 3 times, because you are stuck in block. Minor issue, but a annoyance none the less.
    • Like x 10
  2. Violentvi New Player

I have a headache, im not trying to be dramatic. But i literarely have a headache. I was excited for the new role debuffs, and was looking forward to this update very much.

Little did I know that this update will ruin the fluid combat block, counter, interupt mechanics.

First Problem, when I tap block, it will hold me in block position for 3 seconds. and just hold me there, with out letting me attack , or counter, or do anything.

Second problem, if i attack, and block, and my opponent blocks at the same time. I will hit block counter, and i will keep smashing my right mouse button to break his block, but my character will not execute the block counter for 4 whole seconds.

so when transitioning from block, to block counter, you can press block counter 10 times, but it willl only execute 4 seconds later.

Third, when im attacking, and i see my opponent block, i try to counter block, or shift(block), and then counter block. But it takes 4 seconds for my counter to happen from the moment i clicked it, by then my opponent is out of the block position and i end up getting interrupted.

I used to enjoy pvp so much, but I dont know if this i lag or what, but it is COMPLETELY unplayable now.

Dual wield? It used to be so fluid, now its complete garbage, i don't know if they messed with the actual weapon, or is it because off, the broken, block, counter, inter up mechanics, we have now.

So my frustration is due to the fact that my input on my keyboard doesn't get reflected on the screen, If I click block breaker, I would like to see block breaker happen on screen, not press it for whole 4 seconds, and then finally seee it executed.

When I tap block, I dont want to BE LOCKED INTO BLOCK POSITION FOR 3 SECONDS, and just be countered as a result.
    • Like x 3
  3. Lumb New Player

Not minor, you get stuck after some powers and can't do anything.
    • Like x 5
  4. Violentvi New Player

NOT MINOR.

this is complete collapse of game mechanics.
    you tap block, you will be stuck in block for 3 seconds. and then try to counter block, it wont do anything at all for 4 seconds.
    • Like x 6
  5. Redscreen5 New Player

Hmm hopefully it's not intended even more catering for the noobs
    • Like x 1
  6. Yallander Loyal Player

This is prob one of the reasons the servers are done for maintenance now.
  7. compasionate grenade Committed Player

No more faking out ur opponent with block. I kinda like the up date. Tanks vs dps/troll in no more lop sided.
  8. Zim New Player

Very aggrivating
  9. MARK2099 New Player

Is annoying i have to tap multiple times to let go block, if players do not tap they end stuck in block for seconds, there is also a delay after players drop block, that was not in patch notes so i guess is something devs have to fix, bb window was reduce too nothing about in patch notes either, this may be lag tho, game was very laggy before went down server.
  10. Djozar New Player

I'm thinking all the posts about tank builds might have something to do with it as well. Most build guides actually tell tanks-to-be to activate a taunt skill then just block the other 10-12 seconds then reapply taunt. Looks like they could be forcing tanks to do a little more. Personally I don't care. I'm DPS. As long as the Boss dies before I do the tank is doing what they are supposed to. As a tank in other games I had to put in a LOT of work. Lead raids, take care of the party...I was what a tank is...a Quarterback for the team. Here it seems a little more relaxed. And I for one love it. Nice to have the option to "turtle tank" or to dps tank. The options are what make this game njoyable over others. Hopefully they don't get sucked into the downdraft of other games trying to vie for the best F2P and failing.
  11. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Sounds about right for an update.
    • Like x 2
  12. MARK2099 New Player

Block is not working, but is probably part of the problems, i mean there was nothing in patch notes about block, hope get fixed soon, it feel bb windows has been reduced too or maybe was the lag before servers went down, the debuffs are a nice addition in GU28, but is kind of funny how players end with no power a lot, something that was not seen often in duels, the constant use of debuffs may be the reason on top of use powers to maintain their role buffs.
  13. Aqua New Player

This update ***
  14. Flash New Player

Ok I couldn't help but respond to this..faking out is what MAKES this game.
    • Like x 2
  15. KingpinDizzy New Player

they wanted to make it skill based? lmfao what a joke.. the fk is these big *** symbols over my head for then? this wont help bring players in its only going to drive them away and this debuff everyone ohh its gonna get old real quick and then you all gonna be lock change it
  16. Aqua New Player

This update ***
  17. Flash New Player

Beat ya to the thread on this :p
  18. Aqua New Player

Why is my block sticking for however many times I hit it?

Why y'all always breaking pvp?!

Why am I still getting block broken just trying to get off the ground?

Why this update so ***?
    • Like x 8
  19. Logroe New Player

This update was supposed to make PVP easier OOPS
    • Like x 2
  20. Statman New Player

Yeah wow, that's slightly annoying, lol.