Best Hard light DPS loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lightkilla97, Feb 18, 2013.

1. uhnigma New Player

Is this not a close range load out tho ? and i used it it works good but in these new alerts and raids its not smart to get so close lol and it also uses alot of power is there a ranged loadout you have thats just as effective ? still good loadout tho
  2. B3astinevery1 New Player

Ram- ST - LB - impact - GH - strafing run - chain saw
  3. Nyxelin New Player

The loadout isn't supposed to be using much power, you must be doing it wrong. You're not supposed to actually use each skill consecutively, you have to chain the light constructs with your melee/rangee buttons. If you look at the skill descriptions for, say, ram, you will see stuff like "tap melee - snap trap" or "hold melee - minigun". You can get through all of Omaars loadout with just using your melee/ranged buttons.

The best thing about this combo is that for Light, chaining skils this way doesn't use any power - technically the only power you should be using is for your first attack, ram. You spend no power on attacks that follow when you chain them.
  4. Nyxelin New Player

Not sure if you're a troll or you actually think that's the best loadout. From a pure dps standpoint that is an awful loadout because light blast is channeled (low damage, unclippable) and chainsaw is hard-hitting but slow.
    Also you can't use strafing run every single rotation.
  5. Larfleeze New Player

Ram, Claws, Iconic Robot, Hard-Light shield, Reflective Shield, Strafing Run is my loadout.

Ram----->Whiplash--Clip-->Claw---->start the combo over
    Some might put snaptrap and fan in there but I honestly don't see them doing that much more damage than a constant stream of whiplash, and since this game lacks any real dps meters or accurate way of measuring dps it's what I use.

You burn through power really really quickly though.
  6. B3astinevery1 New Player

excuse me for using a super charge, plus I use the channeling mod and both chainsaw and LB benefit from it, and I love having a finisher so I don't leave home without light blast. Boss gets low i'm throwing LB and strafing runs all over the place.

And who dosent like chainsaw? its beast pvp and pve, again I should have mentioned with the channeling mod.
  7. Berretta9x New Player

People use snaptrap because 1 its quick and combos to fan. It also gives you a 50% dmg until hit counter resets or 5 seconds. so anything after that is used is get that 50% boost along with it hitting hard and putting a dot on the enemy and comboing right to fan=better dps. Need to save power? Ram-ST-Fan-combo to claws start over....use power 1 time and then keep comboing, saves power and does great dmg for when you may not have a troll in an alert or duo or whatever
  8. Berretta9x New Player

Lol really? light blast on a HL dps? ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
  9. Berretta9x New Player

And why are you mentioning the channeling mod? It doesn't make it hit any harder, just makes it so you cant interrupt, its great for powers that actually do damage.
  10. Adogg5 New Player

Between the trolling and the noobs .... this returning player is sooo lost right now.

Anyways.... I'll just listen to Omaar and call it a day.
  11. B3astinevery1 New Player

What's wrong with light blast? Sorry lets make sure we all have the same load out, say what you will but when that boss drops below 35% he's toast, no interruptions either
  12. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

This is what I use, you do not need to use it but it's very effective
    DPS: Light claws, ram, Snap trap, whip thrash, chainsaw, fan
    CLIPPING: Light claws, ram, snap trap, ram, whip thrash
    Light claws, ram, whip thrash, chainsaw (2 seconds) whip thrash 2x, fan, ram, snap trap, ram, whip thrash
    WITH ONE-HANDED: tap hold, ram, tap hold, ram, snap trap, tap tap hold, chainsaw, hold, ram, tap x3 hold, ram, snap trap, ram, whip thrash, fan, hold melee, light claws tap hold.

Robot Sidekick is not used for clipping

Best weapons to use in my opinion: One-handed, Dual wield, Rifle, MA

Add my character :D I changed his name. His name is now BlueLantern Tyler CR 80 quantum dps PvP CR 83

Please no rude comments about my post, please like :)
  13. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

not trying to be rude but this loadout is foul. The chainsaw is ok but the order and rest of the loadout is unorganised. A true loadout is the loadout I just posted
    Light claws, ram, snap trap, whip thrash, fan, Chainsaw
    CLIPPING: Light claws, ram, snap trap, ram, whip thrash, fan, hold melee, Chainsaw, tap tap hold, light claws, ram, tap tap tap hold, hold range, whip thrash, fan
    (Only with one-handed or Rifle) strafting run and LB are the WORST possible thing to use
  14. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

15. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Strafting run also takes up more power
  16. Valor New Player

Uh, strafing run uses no power at all. It's a SC.
    • Like x 1
  17. Rainiero New Player

• Like x 1
  18. Chelzoraan Active Player

claw-ram-snaptrap-light barrier-strafing run are considered essential by most players, the 6th power is a bit up to personal preference. some people like to use the iconic robot sidekick, some people like to use grasping hand for ranged combos, some people like to use fan for other ranged combos and some people even use spikequake for inbetween combos.

i prefer fan for the k007 ranged combo.

you can run whatever the hell you want, but the nerds over at Omaar's HL DPS Guide have run the numbers and done the math and variations of what i just mentioned are the most optimal loadouts.
  19. GEB Lantern New Player

bump.

Recent Trigon DLC should have changed this thread a little bit.

Currently I run Gadget, Mental and Light - all three of my toons seem boss (even the level 10 Fire, his meteor is sicknasty yo).
  20. RamsesVIIX New Player

With the extended super charge mod I can do 6 helicopters back to back that's how I was able to beat Wave
    • Like x 1