Best Hard light DPS loadout

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lightkilla97, Feb 18, 2013.

1. compasionate grenade Committed Player

Helicopter? over strafling run?
    • Like x 1
  2. ZENOtheSTOIC Active Player

I would like to commend you for applying a unique perspective to the game. Now, with that said, I would, if I were you, avoid any further attempts at using ostensibly simple mathematics to support your cause here.Simply because 6 > 2 does not necessarily mean that your choice in sc (and the extended sc home turf mod you use along with it) justifies the tentative loss in damage; and I say tentative because I have not done any number crunching. What I would suggest is for you to use strafing run, but before you use the sc activate a might trinket for the quick buff followed by snap trap for the 50% bonus. Try that out if your worried about numbers adding up, Also, consider that by not using the core strength mod you lose the 10% damage buff. So, in a typical t5 raid you're losing out on roughly 150,000 damage (conservatively). I don't think that your "6 helicopters" are doing as much damage as that. In the end though, it all comes down to how you, as an individual, choose to play. Just try not to rationalize your decisions with unsubstantiated claims...keep it simple. If that's how you do things, then keep on keepin' on. Enough said.
  3. RamsesVIIX New Player

Funny how all my trollin' came true. Chompers, Minigun, Light Blast... all except the Helicopter SC... maybe in time....
    • Like x 1
  4. The God New Player

I was reading through these posts and was like:
    "What the hell are these people talking about?"
    And then looked at the date... I blame you Ramses.
    • Like x 3
  5. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

IMO?:

fan - inspiration - chompers - strafing run

note for fan you will need the combos of it (ram, snap trap, minigun, light blast) in order to combo into them all.

also what server are you on? (US/EU) and what faction?(hero/villain) and console?(PS/PC)
  6. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

um yea it can hit like 20 adds lol
  7. RamsesVIIX New Player

Alright, the best moves for Hard Light Dpsing at this moment are clipping inspiration and neo venom boost, then Chainsaw because it let's you get up and personal (plus massive damage). Followed by whirlwind dervish (it's a super speed move) that turns you into a tornado and does the most powerful AOE, finished off by whip thrash because it stuns/hits multiple adds/and does tremendous amount of damage. Get the extended super charge to bust out 6 Helicopters and you're pretty much set. Since I know a lot of people are horrible at targeting with the helicopter (unlike myself) I would recommend Word of Power, it blasts everything around you, makes you invulnerable plus fills up all your teammates power bars.
    • Like x 1
  8. Delta795 New Player

You are kidding right?
  9. The God New Player

Yes
    • Like x 2
  10. Mighty Hyperion Committed Player

I have just been combo'n light blast, mini-guns, clap trap, back into light blast. Melts through all solo content (especially new t6 solo) with it's stuns and multi-target damage. Plus, it's stupid easy to do and Trolls love you for not using any power at all.
  11. RamsesVIIX New Player

I don't know what a clap trap is, but I you're missing out on the whip thrash without that rotation
  12. RamsesVIIX New Player

And the boxing gloves
  13. Kainvamp New Player

Focus on Might?? For a Power that's 100% pure Precision?? LMAO